Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PITBULL831 View Post
    Sorry guys, i have been watching STARGATE sense the first movie and have loved every eps. but they are messing up stargate with SGU .

The show itself has a great back story to it , but come on writers , did you really need the last 5 eps. to explain nothing . WOW is all i got to say .
    Those eps may not have 'explained' a huge amount but they did show how the characters acted in those situations, which is the point of the show.

Sorry , but Water , Air , Food and Power could have been done in one nice little mini series burning the SUMMER TIME . With you introducing us to some kind of alien alley or enemy . A good 4 hours of the SGU team fight to live , finding things to help then while finding out what is going on with the ship , why its been damaged so bad ...
    Food???
    And the show is about the humans on board, not about some alien ally or enemy, and not so much abut how they fight to live but how they face the situations.

Come on , the writers have made more question then any answers .
    Hooray!
    Who made that damage to the ship ?
    An intriguing question I patiently look forward to learning the answer to.
    Why did the ship only power up to 40% and not 100% of its power ?
    That's what batteries do when they get old.

If the ship is traveling faster then light , why is it only billions of light years from earth ... even if we went with the ships real date of being over 50 million old , that would still mean the ship would only be a at the most 50 million of light years from earth .
    Because it's travelling a lot faster than light?

Come on writers make sure your science is up to date with the story telling .
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha!
    Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
    The crew on the Destiny are not loose...
    Some would argue Oh, not what you meant
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
      Some would argue Oh, not what you meant
      Maybe PITBULL831 was actually being ironic? And the poor grammar and punctuation was just adding to the irony?
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
        Maybe PITBULL831 was actually being ironic? And the poor grammar and punctuation was just adding to the irony?
        These days I can't tell the hater-trolls from the fake-hater-trolls
        I also suspected someone's account had been 'borrowed' the other day due to a post where quotes had been swapped out for bold text which is a slip I didn't expect from that person. (not going to name names lest I incur the wrath of Skydiver ) I don't know what's what these days!
        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.

Comment

These days I can't tell the hater-trolls from the fake-hater-trolls
          I also suspected someone's account had been 'borrowed' the other day due to a post where quotes had been swapped out for bold text which is a slip I didn't expect from that person. (not going to name names lest I incur the wrath of Skydiver ) I don't know what's what these days!
          He wasn't a troll. He gave his honest opinion of what he thought with constructive criticism. I saw no indication of what poster said was to rattle the cage of fandom
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            He wasn't a troll. He gave his honest opinion of what he thought with constructive criticism. I saw no indication of what poster said was to rattle the cage of fandom
            I didn't call anyone a troll, merely expressed my personal difficulties in identifying motives.
            [edit]This is where you say "I didn't say you said he was a troll, I just said he wasn't a troll in case anyone considered thinking that." And then I say "I didn't say you said I said he was a troll, I was just clarifying that I wasn't saying he's a troll to prevent any misunderstandings."

Comment

Hi there, long time reader first time poster

Anyway I was just thinking all throughout Universe... there's no mention (or I missed it) of Atlantis yet. Now that it's on earth shouldn't that be the new 'center' of Stargate Activities, with all its better facilities and cooler shield and puddle jumpers etc. But I don't think they've even said anything at all about Atlantis so far. Atlantis could bring up so many plot line potential... like they may find a ZPM manufacturing facility inside atlantis and combined with the asgard core, make some sort of beefed up spaceship to chase after destiny... or maybe even just make zpms to power up a gate somewhere to dial to destiny.

I miss Atlantis

Comment

im sorry but there is one way home that would make SGU more interesting then them sitting on a ship for 20 eps a season .

They use the computers in Destiny and root out a map from what ever galaxy they end up in and make there way home .

I know , but what if something goes wrong or for some reason the planet they try to go to isnt there anymore . Well what if they find an ancient laptop they could take with them that hold all of there info from the ship , what planet they are going to with what kind of life they might encounter .

They could take the KINO's with them as well to make sure the planets they visit are some what safe ( at least at the gate ) .

I mean if you think about it the ancients would have made a fail safe if the destiny was in trouble and they had to leave to just a planet . One gate in every galaxy would have to have a system to travel to other galaxies .

This would make it more fun of a show with new enemies on each planet or even new allies on some planets .

Comment

To which the answer is 'nowhere that we could see clearly'
                  Really? I know people here who have seen more than that. It thought I was going blind, but apparently they must have some psychic abilities I don't possess.

P.S. I must admit I tend to screw the difference between "lose" and "loose" too, sometimes. Typo's, laziness, being a non-native English speaker etc.
                  A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

ok guys, enough of the troll speculation

more talk about SGU please
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      ok guys, enough of the troll speculation

more talk about SGU please
                      Who said we weren't? One of my official sources said the title of episode 17 is 'Troll'...

Anyways, will a sneak peek of Earth be up on Syfy soon? One week it was up two days before Darkness, another four days before Light, and another the day after Light (for Water)... I'm not sensing a pattern...
                      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

You mean a two minute sneak peek? Not the promo? Because the promo is up. Yeah, with SGA as well, there was no logic in when the sneak peeks were released.
                        A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Ok 1st thing 1st Im really disapointed in SGU its been really boring and slow moving in my opinion it should have just been made in to a book seems like something that would suit a book more then a show and i love stargate sg1 and atlantis so saying something negative about stargate is really hard for me i just hope they improve the show by showing more each ep and ad something we dont expect like the furlings or the asgard again or something

2nd of all who here is gonna play stargate worlds when it comes out?

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                            Well, if you say it then it must be true.
                            Yes...if he says its true then it must be!

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            I have been watching Stargate since the very beginning too, and I am enjoying Universe thus far.
                            As have I :-) And I'm enjoying Universe as well.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sgakaz View Post
                              Sorry if this has been said before, so the supplies that they managed to get thrown into the gate to the destiny did they included contraception or are they going to have all the sexually active women getting pregnant.
                              yeah, more mouths to feed would be a big strain on the limited food supplies. and water, and my god, diapers...

while sure, i could see Chloe on the pill, as she's young, etc., she'd only have so much with her (month's supply?) so after that, it's Russian Roulette. Some of the guys might have some condoms on 'em but not a lot. I mean you can use other stuff (after all, people were creative before the ones we recognize came out) but still...

Rush/Young should put an edict down: unless you got protection, stop having sex.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                                yeah, more mouths to feed would be a big strain on the limited food supplies. and water, and my god, diapers...

while sure, i could see Chloe on the pill, as she's young, etc., she'd only have so much with her (month's supply?) so after that, it's Russian Roulette. Some of the guys might have some condoms on 'em but not a lot. I mean you can use other stuff (after all, people were creative before the ones we recognize came out) but still...

Rush/Young should put an edict down: unless you got protection, stop having sex.
                                With nothing to do how hard do you think it will be to enforce that rule?
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X