Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
    Any reason why?
    Well, I don't watch Smallville, but I was bored one night, flipping the channels (as you do when you're bored and have way too many channels at your disposal), and I happened to stop and watch a bit of Smallville. Coincidentally, this was an episode with the Black Canary (played by Alaina Huffman). It was...not pretty. At least not in my opinion. Granted, I don't think much of any of the actors on Smallville and she was no better.

So, this leaves me very unenthused by the casting choice if it so happens to be true.
    sigpic

Comment

she was also in painkiller jane if that helps
      Not really.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
        Well, I don't watch Smallville, but I was bored one night, flipping the channels (as you do when you're bored and have way too many channels at your disposal), and I happened to stop and watch a bit of Smallville. Coincidentally, this was an episode with the Black Canary (played by Alaina Huffman). It was...not pretty. At least not in my opinion. Granted, I don't think much of any of the actors on Smallville and she was no better.

So, this leaves me very unenthused by the casting choice if it so happens to be true.
        ehhhh, have you seen conner trineer in enterprise? he is terrible because the show is terrible.

He is awesome as Michael in Atlantis
        BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Bytor View Post
          ehhhh, have you seen conner trineer in enterprise? he is terrible because the show is terrible.

Actually, I liked Tripp on Enterprise. Or rather, I liked the character more in the last 2 seasons. Which is ironic I guess.

Regardless, Trineer can act and you can see that in the scenes he's in. Huffman, not so much. From what I've seen of her, she tends to overplay. Could be the fault of the writing or she could just be that bad.

I won't dismiss her out of hand 'till I see more of her work, but I'm not exactly thrilled.
          sigpic

Comment

she was also in painkiller jane if that helps
            Painkiller Jane could only hurt...

But I've never seen this actress anywhere. If it's true, I'll just have to reserve judgement for when SGU actually comes on.

Perfecto!

Comment

I like that choice, if it's true.
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Actually, I liked Tripp on Enterprise. Or rather, I liked the character more in the last 2 seasons. Which is ironic I guess.

Regardless, Trineer can act and you can see that in the scenes he's in. Huffman, not so much. From what I've seen of her, she tends to overplay. Could be the fault of the writing or she could just be that bad.

I won't dismiss her out of hand 'till I see more of her work, but I'm not exactly thrilled.
                Well given that this is Smallville and Painkiller Jane we are talking about I imagine its more the writing then the actor. That said if this true we won't really be able to know for certain until Air.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

I disagree. I thought he was great in that show. And say what you like about the first two seasons of Enterprise, but the last two were fantastic. I like Trineer as Michael. I think every episode he was in was automatically a bit better because of his presence. He out-acts everybody else in the show. But I think he was really under-used in SGA. There was a lot of potential there that was never fully realized.

Comment

From what I've seen of her, she tends to overplay. Could be the fault of the writing or she could just be that bad.

She was playing a part named the black canary, 'nuff said.
                    BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

She was playing a part named the black canary, 'nuff said.
                      That doesn't excuse bad dialogue.
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        someone gave her what to say,, someone invented that retarded part.... she only had so much to work with.
                        BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          yeah but bad diologue is far from her fault....thats usually because of the scriptand writers writing poorly ,which smallville has had in the past few seasons.

Comment

I think she will be alright. The Carter factor could work against her for several reasons though.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
                              yeah but bad diologue is far from her fault....thats usually because of the scriptand writers writing poorly ,which smallville has had in the past few seasons.
                              Not nessciarlly. Yes bad dialouge can be but its also highly likely that actor can't deliver the lines properly. Which one it is I don't know but I guess we'll find out in Autum.
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

so anyone find any new news...like maybe a casting announcements?

Comment

Working...
                                X