Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update!

Late last year, before we’d even started the casting process, when all we had were those first few scripts and a general idea of where we wanted to go, there was one character that really stood out for me from among the many amazing characters Brad and Rob had created – a fascinating player with attitude and heaps of potential. That character was Camile Wray, the I.O.A. rep who finds herself stranded aboard Destiny, much to her horror and the chagrin of several military personnel stranded with her. I loved the character because she was fiercely independent, a force to be reckoned with, and a fiery wildcard in an extraordinarily volatile scenario.

Of course the character we imagine at the script stage is never quite the character we end up with on screen. Sometimes, they’re very close. Sometimes, they don’t live up to those lofty initial expectations. And, still other times, with the right person in the role, they far surpass that original incarnation. A great actor not only gives life to the attributes that so engaged you on the page, but adds layerings of depth and complexity that, in turn, open up a host of wonderful possibilities for both the character and the show in general. And that’s exactly what actress Ming Na has accomplished in the role of Camile Wray.

From her breakout performance in The Joy Luck Club to her turn as Disney’s Mulan to her ten years as Dr. Jing-Mei Chen on the long-running hospital drama E.R., she has proven herself both immensely talented and incredibly commited to her craft. Off camera, she is an utter delight – sweet, upbeat, and very funny (After only his first day on set with her, my fellow producer Carl Binder declared himself a HUGE fan). Oh, and she’s gorgeous (as if you hadn’t noticed). And, for bonus points, she’s a big science fiction fan.

Yet another standout in an already exceptional cast.

Hey, just got off the phone with Bob Picardo (aka Stargte’s Richard Woolsey). As some fans have pointed out, he and his lovely wife Linda are about to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary, so I thought I’d give them a call. I’m pleased to report that between his film and television work and the many convention appearances, Bob is as busy as ever. Still, despite his hectic schedule, he’s planning to make time for the SGU season premiere next Friday night. I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again (and again and again). The guy is a class act.

Ten days to the Stargate: Universe premiere! Tell your friends! And tell them to tell THEIR friends! Leave no fan behind!
    Pictures:

Lt. Scott and Camille Wray amongst the marooned crew of the Destiny
    Not even the edge of the Universe is free from paperwork.
    FIERCE.
    Peter DeLuise and the KINO on a stick.

From: http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...n-left-behind/

Comment

ooh, nice blog post there!
      Looks like JM is saving bandwidth by making some of the images nonclickable so only the smart/desperate people get the large version.
      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
        Maybe a major character death or could be something completely diffrent.
        Daniel dies again just to be able to fly around & appear on the Destiny to find it only to become human again on the Destiny Ah that crazy Daniel

Comment

Latest SKY mag confirms a 9pm start for SGU.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
            Cool! Thanks for finding that!

I imagine...at a guess...it'll be on Sky1 at 8pm.
            yeah... that or 830/9
            SG-1 members
            Atlantis Team members

Comment

Look out for a Brad Wright interview from Digital Spy, coming soon!

Comment

Cant say that i've seen these before; video interviews with some of the cast:
                http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...nterviews.html

Stargate Universe - Premiere Trailers

The second one has been around for a while, but i cant say that i've seen the first before, though i mite have missed it.

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...-trailers.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post

The second one has been around for a while, but i cant say that i've seen the first before, though i mite have missed it.

great... once again: i like the gate dialling
                  SG-1 members
                  Atlantis Team members

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post

The 4 cast interview videos were posted a while back, and the first of the two trailers is the beginning of one of the Comic-Con trailers...albeit a truncated version.
                    Sig by Pandora's Box
                    sigpic

Comment

So, nothing to see here?
                      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                        So, nothing to see here?
                        Pretty much, but check this out:

For all the #SGU fans! I'm going 2 meet AMANDA TAPPING 2day! Stargate gals, Alaina, Elyse, Amanda & I are having lunch!! Woohoo!
                        about 11 hours ago from MrTweet
                        http://twitter.com/MsMingNa

This sounds awesome! Glad to see more examples of the SGU cast having such great chemistry, and Amanda is even there
                        Sig by Pandora's Box
                        sigpic

Comment

It is so great how close we are finally getting to the premiere. I know I can hardly wait.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Those four all in one location? That much awesome in once place could cause an asplosion.

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                              Those four all in one location? That much awesome in once place could cause an asplosion.
                              Of the happy male kind?
                              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Um, no that was not what I was thinking. I was thinking an awesomeness induced cranial asposion, or maybe even an epicosity asposion.
                                Last edited by Eternal Density; 23 September 2009, 08:51 PM. Reason: t removal

Comment

Working...
                                X