Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
    Ok the more I read and "hear" about sgu, the less interest I have....
    Might I suggest that everything you 'hear' may not be true (in the event that you are reading things that might not necessarily be true....)

By the way, I ain't saying you have or not, but there is a lot of stuff floating out there that is twisted by people who have a wicked disdain for SGU and want to bring it down at all costs. Just in the past couple of days, we have seen some of this stuff, but hell, this has been going on for awhile.

If you have avoided spoilers, I find that while some bits of the episode may be revealed (although I believe it doesn't 'spoil' the entire episode), spoilers do help to paint a picture of how SGU will be and might I say, it is very different from other people's paintings that are based off of little to no concrete understanding of the show (from what we are provided).

Anyways, I am sorry you are loosing interest. I hope something sparks it again.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
    and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Spoiler:
      I highly highly doubt that will become a major focus of SGU. Obviously sex is one area to go with but their are so many other avenues that being lost in space present they SGU will hopefully go down
      Ok we know for sure there are at least 2 SGU
      Spoiler:
      body swapping sex scenes

Cause Lou mentioned one in the interview and then he was asking others on twitter saying.... Casting sides, for Sabotage, whats the fuss all about.

So theres already 2.

So Coronach,

Spoiler:
      Apparently the people didn't use there better judgement and went ahead and did it..... Twice.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tawny View Post
        How come? Is there anything specific that is really pushing you away, or just generally?
        Specific.

And you know how psych i was for SGU. Litterally from week one.
        sigpic

Comment

Ming Na comments on the controversy
          Controversy makes things spicy & interesting!
          http://twitter.com/MsMingNa/status/3325172503

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post

Man, you gotta love Ming-Na. She approached this very well.

But she is right. People become interested in controversy, which attracts attention.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
            and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post

Not when it chases fans away.

Still in the context, I see what she means. Although some of the offended people could be offended by this. For the most part controversies don't bother me, but this one does.

Wow I remember the day where I was supprised and kinda sad romance will be a part of SGU.

Now
              Spoiler:
              Im accepting Lesbian sex scenes and letting it go after a short debate.....

LOL, if I forgot the last few months of news and saw this, I would be sooo appaled.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Orion Antreas View Post
                Man, you gotta love Ming-Na. She approached this very well.

But she is right. People become interested in controversy, which attracts attention.
                Ehh, good point though.

LOL her 5 words approched this situation so well... very deep.....very phiosophical.
                sigpic

Comment

OK I just have a question that may give you a different look at things. I don't want to discuss the moral delimas and stuff, as other threads are abuzz with that stuff. SO here is my question.

What if you read this one year ago before you found out SGA was canceled and SGU was green lit. And SGA just started airing its fifth season.

The new series would have

Spoiler:
                  At least 2 body swapping Sex/romantic scenes and 4 or 5 other(possibly more) Romantic/Sex scenes (in the first 15 eps) and one of the body swapping sex scenes would be a strait crippled person(not using that term to be rude, but Elenor is a heterosexual who can't use her limbs) who switches around with a lesbian's body and eventually has intimacy with a man usings a gay womans body while on a ship(cause shes the only one that can save some of the crew). And additionally there will be Lesbian intimacy scene equal to that of Strait intimacy scenes on the show.

No matter how this ties into the story, how would you react. I would think its a joke and when I found out it wasn't.. well needless to say I would be shocked.

SO how do you think you would react.

Oh and if you think I need to fix some of the wording please let me know, sometimes I don't realize i am being rude or unfair.

Thanks so much,
                  Major D. Davis
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                    OK I just have a question that may give you a different look at things. I don't want to discuss the moral delimas and stuff, as other threads are abuzz with that stuff. SO here is my question.

What if you read this one year ago before you found out SGA was canceled and SGU was green lit. And SGA just started airing its fifth season.

The new series would have

Spoiler:
                    At least 2 body swapping Sex/romantic scenes and 4 or 5 other(possibly more) Romantic/Sex scenes (in the first 15 eps) and one of the body swapping sex scenes would be a strait crippled person(not using that term to be rude, but Elenor is a heterosexual who can't use her limbs) who switches around with a lesbian's body and eventually has intimacy with a man usings a gay womans body while on a ship(cause shes the only one that can save some of the crew). And additionally there will be Lesbian intimacy scene equal to that of Strait intimacy scenes on the show.

No matter how this ties into the story, how would you react. I would think its a joke and when I found out it wasn't.. well needless to say I would be shocked.

SO how do you think you would react.

Oh and if you think I need to fix some of the wording please let me know, sometimes I don't realize i am being rude or unfair.

Thanks so much,
                    Major D. Davis
                    Then, as is the case now, I wouldn't care. I don't often care what the content of episodes are, as long as the material is executed well on-screen. We don't know enough to really say for sure how things are going to turn out, and I think we're missing a lot of context with this.
                    Sig by Pandora's Box
                    sigpic

Comment

Ok we know for sure there are at least 2 SGU
                      Spoiler:
                      body swapping sex scenes

Cause Lou mentioned one in the interview and then he was asking others on twitter saying.... Casting sides, for Sabotage, whats the fuss all about.

So theres already 2.

So Coronach,

Spoiler:
                      Apparently the people didn't use there better judgement and went ahead and did it..... Twice.
                      1) Why are you telling me?

And 2) I haven't listened to the whole interview yet, as I'm busy today. Still, I'm thinking you're missing something.
                      Spoiler:

Remember, a romantic scene doesn't necessarily equal a sex scene, even with the body-swapping device.

I'll get back to you when I have a better context of what was said.
                      Sig by Pandora's Box
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                        Then, as is the case now, I wouldn't care. I don't often care what the content of episodes are, as long as the material is executed well on-screen. We don't know enough to really say for sure how things are going to turn out, and I think we're missing a lot of context with this.
                        I do agree with you there. I mean the way sabotage is executed must be really vital cause it can either be really corny or actually good and the delima is realistically executed.

Still when I hear the words,

Spoiler:
                        lesbian body swapping sex scene and stargate together

just one short year ago, I'm sure we would all be rubbing our eyes in disbelief.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tawny View Post
                          That was the first thing that came to my mind

Anyways, has anyone got any decent speculations that aren't sex related? That's about all I've been hearing lately, and it's annoying me cause the Ep isn't even out yet, so its just grasping at nothing
                          Well that episode is called 'Sabotage' so I'm guessing something gets... sabotaged and they have to fix it

Actually, I know what it is because the hack "journalists" attacking the story didn't show any sensitivity to spoilers but I don't want to ruin it for everyone.
                          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                            1) Why are you telling me?

And 2) I haven't listened to the whole interview yet, as I'm busy today. Still, I'm thinking you're missing something.
                            Spoiler:

Remember, a romantic scene doesn't necessarily equal a sex scene, even with the body-swapping device.

I'll get back to you when I have a better context of what was said.
                            Oh my bad, maybe it was jel. It was something one of you said. Like you said that they started doing it in somebody elses body but then they realized that it wasn't right.

Sorry bout that.

Well we know there is
                            Spoiler:
                            Sex
                            on the show and according to that one article it we will see the same degree between
                            Spoiler:
                            heteros and between gays
                            soo....
                            sigpic

Comment

I agree, but I don't go watch Stargate for 42 minutes to learn about what Brad and Rob think about the subject. I go to watch a syfy show. But I don't mind it being a b-story. But if it is the main plot in an episode....... Thats where it crosses the line from Sci fi/Stargate ish to 90210/reality show ish.
                              I think the main plot-lines are gonna center around the episode titles.
                              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                                I think the main plot-lines are gonna center around the episode titles.
                                I think you're right. Like all this romance and stuff will probably go by in the blink of an eye. Well be like, oh we got that upset over this last year for just this!!!!! Same goes for the other romance scenes. I realize you can't put a ton of bad scenes in there. Well probably only see them start to kiss then.., end of scene. Good point.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X