Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by major davis View Post
    Ok Coronach.........

She basically said her MGM contact confirms we there will be

Spoiler:
    Lesbian sex and SEVERAL body swapping Sex incidents. Coronach, I really didn't care about the Sabotage thing. It was actually kinda interesting, just if it will be in multiple episodes like the article suggests, that's when I get worried...
    .. Did you even read the whole article??????
    That wasn't an article. An article contains concrete facts and rational logic. That was nothing more then someone with a short fuse ranting how the character offended her.

Spoiler:
    So what if it goes into multiple episodes? Its an interesting moral concept and one that can't be solved to quickly. I think addressing the morality of hijacking someone's body will take more then 42 minutes to address.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by pjp View Post
      a bit like hathor with the sexual mind?
      pjp, you need to keep spoilered quotes in spoilers so other people don't accidentally stumble upon it. This thread requires spoiler tags, as far as I can discern
      Sig by Pandora's Box
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
        Spoiler:
        No. The MGM contact confirmed that the issue of "sex between bodies is introduced early in the series". This says nothing about whether or not the deed will actually be done. The only thing it suggests is that the issue is brought up (i.e. conversations among the crew, conversations between someone and their loved one back on Earth).

Easily, there could be a scene where someone's loved one tries to initiate something and the person stops and says "no...this is wrong, I can't".

Also, what's with the attitude?
        I thought you totally misunderstood what I was trying to say and then said I was over reacting..... sorry bout that. Were cool right???
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          That wasn't an article. An article contains concrete facts and rational logic. That was nothing more then someone with a short fuse ranting how the character offended her.

Spoiler:
          So what if it goes into multiple episodes? Its an interesting moral concept and one that can't be solved to quickly. I think addressing the morality of hijacking someone's body will take more then 42 minutes to address.
          I agree, but I don't go watch Stargate for 42 minutes to learn about what Brad and Rob think about the subject. I go to watch a syfy show. But I don't mind it being a b-story. But if it is the main plot in an episode....... Thats where it crosses the line from Sci fi/Stargate ish to 90210/reality show ish.
          sigpic

Comment

I agree, but I don't go watch Stargate for 42 minutes to learn about what Brad and Rob think about the subject. I go to watch a syfy show. But I don't mind it being a b-story. But if it is the main plot in an episode....... Thats where it crosses the line from Sci fi/Stargate ish to 90210/reality show ish.
            But at its core that is wha science fiction is. Questioning the morality and ways we as people interact and how people go out and explore who thy are. You can't get more science fiction then what is being presented here.
            Jelgate is right

Comment

I thought you totally misunderstood what I was trying to say and then said I was over reacting..... sorry bout that. Were cool right???
              Yeah, you just seemed angry is all.

Not to seem like I always disagree, but in this case I do

Spoiler:
              To me, the implications of using a body-swapping device and the consequences of it seem like the perfect science fiction story to tell. Simply because it involves issues of sex shouldn't negate the fact that it's a powerful story to tell.

Science fiction is supposed to make us think about "what ifs". So...what if we had body-swapping technology available to us here in the real world. What would be the benefits to it? What would be the potential problems? Etc...
              Last edited by Coronach; 15 August 2009, 10:44 AM. Reason: Edited because I forgot spoiler tags! Yikes.
              Sig by Pandora's Box
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                But at its core that is wha science fiction is. Questioning the morality and ways we as people interact and how people go out and explore who thy are. You can't get more science fiction then what is being presented here.
                Ok but really every Stargate ep should have at least a solid A and B story. I don't mind if the usual B-story is swapped with the A-story. I just want the show to be Stargate Universe not

Spoiler:
                Body Swapping Sex across the Universe

In other words I hope its not a constant theme or ark. If it happens in one ep and is mentioned in other eps, that's cool, but if it happens in 2-3-4, I will be a little bumed.

Oh and sorry if I was rude to you Coronach.
                sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Body Swapping Sex across the Universe

In other words I hope its not a constant theme or ark. If it happens in one ep and is mentioned in other eps, that's cool, but if it happens in 2-3-4, I will be a little bumed.
                  Spoiler:
                  I highly highly doubt that will become a major focus of SGU. Obviously sex is one area to go with but their are so many other avenues that being lost in space present they SGU will hopefully go down
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Just wanted to let people know my podcast with the cast of SGU (+ Brad W & Robert C) is finally up. There are some very minor cast spoilers.

You also have the chance to win an SGU poster.

http://fannishinquisition.com/comic-...iverse-podcast
                    Last edited by Tal; 15 August 2009, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                      Ok. let's get this straight. SGU is supposed to be SEPARATE from not just Atlantis, but also SG-1. SG-1 had their double portion screen time in Atlantis. Can't we all just accept the fact that SG-1 is OVER? SGU is a new series, with a completely different cast. So far, the ONLY SG-1 recurring character is Oneill, and thats only because he's the guy at the top. Can we please remember that SGU is its OWN SHOW? ASt least given the fact that at least one character from SG-1 appeared in EVERY SEASON of SGA.

Tealc has absolutely NOTHING to do with SGU. Nothing. Nada. There would be NO justification for Tealc's appaerance. None.
                      Better make sure there's no Stargate in SGU 'cause SG1 had a stargate in every episode and people might think that SGU is SG1.....

(Just my humble opinion )

Comment

Originally posted by Tal View Post
                        Just wanted to let people know my podcast with the cast of SGU (+ Brad W & Robert C) is finally up. There are some very minor cast spoilers.

You also have the chance to win an SGU poster.

Cool podcast!!

Best bit i heard was that these a "bible" in for the show in the production office. That and a few other bits makes it sound like TPTB have really know where they are going and have things planned out.

Comment

Cool...thanks! posting what you did means you must have actually listened ... at least to the SGU part ... you probably couldn't have listened to it all if you clicked through from here, the whole thing would take longer to listen to between my posting and your reporting back heh...

Comment

Also forgot to mention there's a transcript of the SGU panel on there too.

Comment

Ok the more I read and "hear" about sgu, the less interest I have....

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                                Ok the more I read and "hear" about sgu, the less interest I have....
                                How come? Is there anything specific that is really pushing you away, or just generally?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X