Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
    ok, how about this

Spoiler:
    Since comic con they have decided to kill most of the main cast and rename the show call it Stargate: Lt Matthew Scott Chronicles
    Brilliant! And the kino shall be his sidekick and they will have many adventures!

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
    In other news:

But seriously! After watching the brief Comic Con panel videos, I want to see the whole thing

I'm sorry...you said something?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
      Brilliant! And the kino shall be his sidekick and they will have many adventures!
      You can sort of read Brian's lips in the Kino clip. Looks like he says "that's cool". Apparently, they're going to become close friends

Eh, the main point comes across with that picture
      Sig by Pandora's Box
      sigpic

Comment

He's not just cute, as my friend said "he's perfectly man shaped"
        Yes...yes...I agree!
        sigpic

Comment

You would make a terrific villian. I can see it now. Pandora's Box a cruel and sinster ruler of a vast space empire. Do a previous intersteallar war you were viciously injured and now your outside looks like you inside (Not pretty). So you build various schemes to inplant your brain in Scott's body.

Your kitchen is on FIRE!!!

Eh, the main point comes across with that picture
          I concur. No matter how many times I see that picture Chloe is beautiful. What? You people knew I was this shallow.

On a more mature level we all decidied what characters we are looking forward too. But what character sounds like the New Ford. The character is just plain boring
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            I concur. No matter how many times I see that picture Chloe is beautiful. What? You people knew I was this shallow.
            I don't think it's shallow to appreciate physical beauty I'll make comments on her personality once we actually get to see more of it

On a more mature level we all decidied what characters we are looking forward too. But what character sounds like the New Ford. The character is just plain boring
            I'm not sure if any characters sound boring, but I can certainly see some characters being forgotten about if the writers aren't careful.

For example, the limited amount we know of Greer so far makes me hope that they won't cast him aside and end up over-utilizing other characters. I hope they have a good balance when the time comes.
            Sig by Pandora's Box
            sigpic

Comment

I don't think it's shallow to appreciate physical beauty I'll make comments on her personality once we actually get to see more of it

I'm not sure if any characters sound boring, but I can certainly see some characters being forgotten about if the writers aren't careful.

For example, the limited amount we know of Greer so far makes me hope that they won't cast him aside and end up over-utilizing other characters. I hope they have a good balance when the time comes.
              Yes just appreciation. I don't having any delusions of taking Scott's place in that picture

Well that lack of information could make you not look forward to a character. For example I completely changed my view of Tamara since Comic Con. Because right now because of the lack info I just can't find Greer interesting followed by Eli as 2nd. But we all know that could change as we aproach October
              Jelgate is right

Comment

That's the danger with larger cast, more often that not someone gets forgotten.

Comment

That's the danger with larger cast, more often that not someone gets forgotten.
                  True, though other shows have done it. For example (though fellow Lost fans may disagree), I feel like Lost does a great job with giving everyone their time, and each has had an episode (usually several) strictly devoted to them.
                  Sig by Pandora's Box
                  sigpic

Comment

True, though other shows have done it. For example (though fellow Lost fans may disagree), I feel like Lost does a great job with giving everyone their time, and each has had an episode (usually several) strictly devoted to them.
                    If your a Star Trek fan I always thought DS9 did an excellent job of developing their large list of regulars and recurring characters. Some of the recurring felt as important as the regulars. Thats how well developed they were and the development model SGU should strive for.
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

You would make a terrific villian. I can see it now. Pandora's Box a cruel and sinster ruler of a vast space empire. Do a previous intersteallar war you were viciously injured and now your outside looks like you inside (Not pretty). So you build various schemes to inplant your brain in Scott's body.
                      Nonsense. I am in the process of returning my body to its former glory. No puny interstellar war wound can stop me! Then I will recruit Lt. Scott as my Head of Defense, he will swear his allegiance to me for all eternity, I will create for him an immortal body, and we will rule my vast empire together...well, sort of together. I still get to make all the decisions. But he'll get to choose in what order people die, so it's all good.

I think Ming-Na has an awesome personality. I'm hoping we get to see some of her footage of SDCC on the DVD special features. She did carry that camera around everywhere.

Yeah, I can see this happening. Hopefully, it won't. Unless, you know, I end up hating a character. Then I'd like to see as little of said character as possible.
                      sigpic

Comment

I agree and disagree with that comment. While true every character got their own episode, in general storyline terms during the course the show a lot do get sidelined. You could argue that Teyla and Ronan got either own episode each season, but most of the time Teyla was the invisible woman. I know with large casts that at times its unrealistic to have everyone doing something every episode, but it easy enough for writer to forget certain characters, when they say that character X doesn't fit in situation A, then characters doesn't fit in situation B, C, D etc. Of the top of my head very few shows manage to juggle all their characters constantly to ensure that someone isn't forgotten. In shows like 24, BSG, Buffy/Angel, DS9 i was never really thinking, wow i haven't seen that character in a while.

Comment

Nonsense. I am in the process of returning my body to its former glory. No puny interstellar war wound can stop me! Then I will recruit Lt. Scott as my Head of Defense, he will swear his allegiance to me for all eternity, I will create for him an immortal body, and we will rule my vast empire together...well, sort of together. I still get to make all the decisions. But he'll get to choose in what order people die, so it's all good.
                          The problem was is that your body was beyond repair. The doctors of the PanBox Empire tried everything. Any normal person would have died but your will to decimate your enemy (Conorach) caused to live on. Now you live a miserable life decpitated and bordeline vegetable. A wounded person you fell in love with Scott's body (You shallow person you). Considering yourself a genius you want to combine the best of both worlds. And Scott's hero morals disgust you
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

The problem was is that your body was beyond repair. The doctors of the PanBox Empire tried everything. Any normal person would have died but your will to decimate your enemy (Conorach) caused to live on. Now you live a miserable life decpitated and bordeline vegetable. A wounded person you fell in love with Scott's body (You shallow person you). Considering yourself a genius you want to combine the best of both worlds. And Scott's hero morals disgust you
                            I refuse to accept this. I'll build a clone then, an exact copy of my body before such a tragedy as my near physical ruin occurred. And I will be more glorious than ever before.

Coronach will cower in fear in the face of my sheer awesome awesomousity.

And I can not help who I fall in love with. We were meant for each other, a perfect pair. He can't help his morals. He was brainwashed as a child, but I will quickly rectify the matter.
                            sigpic

Comment

I refuse to accept this. I'll build a clone then, an exact copy of my body before such a tragedy as my near physical ruin occurred. And I will be more glorious than ever before.

Coronach will cower in fear in the face of my sheer awesome awesomousity.

And I can not help who I fall in love with. We were meant for each other, a perfect pair. He can't help his morals. He was brainwashed as a child, but I will quickly rectify the matter.
                              It was too late for that. You foolishly left all you cloning supplies in one ship. Coronach heard about this a launched an all out assualt destoying all cloning machines. It will take decades for you to rebuild. Time you do not have

You said the same thing about the last person you recuritied. That was until you fed him to the beast (PG15). Brainwashing will not be easy because besides being a experenced warrior Scott has the sharpest wit imaginable and will not be broken by conventional means
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

A really good interview with some new pics on it. i thought i would share if its not already been posted there is some more spoilers in this article but nothing major http://fusedfilm.com/2009/07/david-b...gate-universe/
                                Last edited by Promethius30; 27 July 2009, 02:36 PM.
                                sigpic
                                Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                                Metal gear fan

Comment

Working...
                                X