Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    I think you underestimating the Destiny. Ancient hyperdrives can make it to Pegasus in weeks and the Destiny was launched millions and millons of years ago. So to be in a realm of viewing the ship would have to be really when visting gated worlds
    I was thinking in terms of what the 9th chevron can reach, though we really have no idea what it's limits are. Now that I consider it from the Destiny's point of view, well it could be anywhere by now
    Hmm, for instance, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOK-1

Also, what time is it for you? You seem to be suddenly suffering from spontaneous coherency breakdown or grammar failure. Especially in that last sentence.
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
      Also, what time is it for you? You seem to be suddenly suffering from spontaneous coherency breakdown or grammar failure. Especially in that last sentence.
      Its summer time. I refuse to acknowledge grammar. Plus English class was never my strong point. I was always a math or science person
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Watch the gate in action on today's JM blog entry!

Pretty cool.
        Last edited by PG15; 22 July 2009, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          What the gate in action on today's JM blog entry!

Pretty cool.
          Very cool. Can't wait to see it in action on the show
          Sig by Pandora's Box
          sigpic

Comment

Pretty cool.
            Very cool indeed.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Hm it spins alot smoother and faster than I imagined, good work by the team.

Comment

Originally posted by XxX_Kavan Smith_is_Mine_XxX View Post
                wait wait wait...the destiny is light years from earth and Atlantis has the wormhole drive can't atlantis help the Destiny?
                They'd have to know where it is first.
                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

that gate spinning is cool but confused me. How does each chevron lock onto a symbol if the symbols are fixed and the whole gate just spins? I figure some flashing bulb above the gate acts as this indicator, but how does it show which symbols have been entered?

How would an off world gate act, would it too have a glowing orb?

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                    Organization? It's a command. Of the USAF.
                    http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1...e:organization

I shouldn't have to post this because you should've known (and probably did) what I meant.
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
                      that gate spinning is cool but confused me. How does each chevron lock onto a symbol if the symbols are fixed and the whole gate just spins? I figure some flashing bulb above the gate acts as this indicator, but how does it show which symbols have been entered?

I daresay the off world gates will be 'fixed' in place compared to the Destiny's gate.
                      Meh.

Comment

Pretty cool.
                        It's alive!! its really cool!! if only the gate could talk - "Round, round baby round, rounf, take a trip though me!"
                        Last edited by Madwelshboy; 22 July 2009, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                          It's alive!! its really cool!! if only the gate coulds talk - "Round, round baby round, round. Talk a trip though me!"
                          Enjoy your green! Fantastic!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
                            Ya know I was so happy with the pics and videos we've been getting... I never even consider the offworld gate. I'm really not sure how that's going to look.

And for the record, I happen to love the steampunk stuff and whilst not totaly convinced of the light ball above the gate, I'll wait till I see it in full action with the kawoosh.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blufeenix View Post
                              Ya know I was so happy with the pics and videos we've been getting... I never even consider the offworld gate. I'm really not sure how that's going to look.

And for the record, I happen to love the steampunk stuff and whilst not totaly convinced of the light ball above the gate, I'll wait till I see it in full action with the kawoosh.
                              actually the off world gate has been shown, and after looking at it again it has no orb.
                              http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...p&cat=55&pos=0

So I guess it just behaves like a normal rigid gate ala Atlantis? It lights up but won't spin? But then why would the destiny gate need to spin? Just because spinning is cooler than not spinning?

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                                http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1...e:organization

I shouldn't have to post this because you should've known (and probably did) what I meant.
                                Absolutely correct (I probably shouldn't have posted that, as the SGC is hardly a disorganization... oh there I go again! )

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                Its summer time. I refuse to acknowledge grammar. Plus English class was never my strong point. I was always a math or science person
                                Summer for you maybe. I must be weird becuse I'm good at math stuff AND English. I guess my language skills apply equally to correcting people's grammar and to Software Engineering. Despite that I'm still having difficulty deciphering 'So to be in a realm of viewing the ship would have to be really when visting gated worlds'. I figure 'realm of viewing' related to your guess 'A galaxy that is currently beyond our range of viewing' though that seems a bit unrelated to me because my Antlia/Sombrero guess was completely independent of your suggestion that it was a galaxy we can't see. Obviously we can see the ones I named because we have only named visible galaxies. Not that I'm not trying to disagree with your suggestion.

Pretty cool.
                                Huh? Oh, you mean watch. Yeah, those are some great clips. Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning, etc.
                                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Working...
                                X