Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really good posting!!!
    i'm with you on this
    SG-1 members
    Atlantis Team members

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
      Im the same, very must so on the fence and like LtColCarter maybe mire on the optimistic side after this week. A great cast has been put together and the move to more of a character focused, ensemble, serialized form of storytelling is defiantly appealing. Though there are some things like the story/plot im a little less convinced about. But like BJS said in one of the video's, who wouldn't want some change and a bit of a shark up after 15 seasons. obviously there are some fans who dont, looking around at various threads, but if SGU came out as more of the same, a clone of clone if you will, id put money on it that more people would complain because there would be nothing new and it would be repetitive and boring. Granted these a risk with doing something new but i think, well at least im hoping by doing something new it will only be beneficial rather than problematic.
      Very well said!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
        Very well said!
        i'm with you too
        SG-1 members
        Atlantis Team members

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
          I'm in the same boat, I loving everything I'm seeing and hearing, just don't want to get too excited and set my expectations too high, otherwise disappointment is a garantee.
          Gotta admit I don't have many expectations for the show. I'm avoiding spoilers on it, and a lot of press as too much is "it's going to be GREAT!" and it gets to be an overdose after a while of "you'll love it!" What I am hoping for is a well-written show, with lack of shaky camera work (that can ruin ANY show for me) and no SG1/SGA or popular movies plots retreaded into Stargate Universe, which I really can't say SGU as I always now think of it as that very popular Danish swear word....

Comment

opinions...
            SG-1 members
            Atlantis Team members

Comment

Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past couple of days or staying at your mother’s place in Montreal without proper internet access, you probably already know about the new, revamped, ultra-cool and informative dedicated Stargate site at MGM.com. It’s a terrific-looking site, easy to navigate, with tons of goodies on all things Stargate: SG-1, Atlantis, and, of course, Universe – with advanced peeks on everything from the characters to the ship itself. Congrats to Grey Munford and the rest of his team at MGM for putting it together. Check it out: http://stargate.mgm.com/

Doubly good news for Stargate fans as this means I can finally start posting all those interior Destiny pics and video of the early gate tests.
              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-news-of-note/
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                Doubly good news for Stargate fans as this means I can finally start posting all those interior Destiny pics and video of the early gate tests.
                http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-news-of-note/
                Yay! more pics! we are being spoiled this month
                Last edited by Madwelshboy; 09 July 2009, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Yay! more pics! we are being spoiled this month
                  All I see are food pics...or do you mean "Yay, more pics to come" ?
                  Sig by Pandora's Box
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                    All I see are food pics...or do you mean "Yay, more pics to come" ?
                    yes that's what a meant, i did think that was obvious if you put my post together with the quote from joe's blog

Comment

yes that's what a meant, i did think that was obvious if you put my post together with the quote from joe's blog
                      Lol, I was just making sure I wasn't missing something
                      Sig by Pandora's Box
                      sigpic

Comment

Lol, I was just making sure I wasn't missing something
                        Well you mite be

Comment

Well you mite be
                          I am...a research position! I just asked another professor today...hopefully they'll get back to me. His research deals with developmental neurobiology, so that's pretty cool...though a bit unrelated to what I'm primarily interested in
                          Sig by Pandora's Box
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pjp View Post
                            opinions...
                            Opinions on??? You know I can give opinions...just tell me what you want my opinion on!
                            sigpic

Comment

I am...a research position! I just asked another professor today...hopefully they'll get back to me. His research deals with developmental neurobiology, so that's pretty cool...though a bit unrelated to what I'm primarily interested in
                              ill answer that else where not to go of topic........well much anyway

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                              Opinions on??? You know I can give opinions...just tell me what you want my opinion on!
                              Me to! I have plenty opinion. Tho im assuming that he/she ment somthing SGU related, but as to what i dont know!

Comment

Have you seen this HQ pictures on MGM's website too?

Colonel Telford
                                Master Sergeant Ronald Geer
                                Chloe Armstrong
                                Eli Wallace
                                Lieutenant Matthew Scott
                                Master Sergeant Tamara Johansen
                                Dr. Nicholas Rush
                                Camille Wray
                                Colonel Everett Young

Thanks to rongycsomó!
                                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X