Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
    Yeah the website has been done well other than a few hiccups its gone down well and lots and lots of new sgu footage with character profiles and Q&A's
    i agree
    anyone else?
    SG-1 members
    Atlantis Team members

Comment

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
      Yeah the website has been done well other than a few hiccups its gone down well and lots and lots of new sgu footage with character profiles and Q&A's
      I love the new website. Its cool to be able to look around a corridor and the gateroom! Lots of good information there! Just can't wait for October 2nd!
      sigpic

Comment

I'm amazed at the turn towards optimism of the show with the fans now. I'm very happy that there was a turn. Knowledge and understanding is a very powerful thing.

Quick note I have noticed is that Gateworld's community is the most optimistic compared to other communities. I think there is a higher amount of optimism here because there is more updates on the show answering our questions.

If you go to other communities such as the Syfy forum on SGU, there is still a high amount of pessimism. Posters at the youtube videos of the SGU trailers were really negative, but I also see a turn in opinions now. I really do believe that SGU (as long as it turns out what we have saw so far, which I bet it is), it will be highly embraced by the current Stargate community, plus new comers.

Just in the last few months, there has been a sweeping of change in people's minds.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
        and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by :Orion Coran: View Post
          I'm amazed at the turn towards optimism of the show with the fans now. I'm very happy that there was a turn. Knowledge and understanding is a very powerful thing.

Quick note I have noticed is that Gateworld's community is the most optimistic compared to other communities. I think there is a higher amount of optimism here because there is more updates on the show answering our questions.

If you go to other communities such as the Syfy forum on SGU, there is still a high amount of pessimism. Posters at the youtube videos of the SGU trailers were really negative, but I also see a turn in opinions now. I really do believe that SGU (as long as it turns out what we have saw so far, which I bet it is), it will be highly embraced by the current Stargate community, plus new comers.

Just in the last few months, there has been a sweeping of change in people's minds.
          yeah i agree there was a lot of negativity for it originally i was always gona give it a chance but now most people seem to be at least be able to give it chance.
          sigpic
          Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
          Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by :Orion Coran: View Post

I've noticed this too. I have lurked on GW for at least a few years now, and only started posting this year. One thing that I remember from even as recently as last January, was the overall mood of pessimism.

This is obviously changed recently, and I'm glad others have noticed this as well.

I do agree, though, that Gateworld seems to be the place with the most optimism going on right now. I have noticed that other places don't yet share this sentiment.
            Sig by Pandora's Box
            sigpic

Comment

The only other thing to look forward to now is when the three part pilot work print will leak online. I will be amazed if nothing leaks this time around

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                The only other thing to look forward to now is when the three part pilot work print will leak online. I will be amazed if nothing leaks this time around
                I'm happy to wait but I just hope their isn't to much of a lag between the US and UK airings.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blufeenix View Post
                  I'm happy to wait but I just hope their isn't to much of a lag between the US and UK airings.
                  hopefull only a couple of weeks
                  SG-1 members
                  Atlantis Team members

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                    I've noticed this too. I have lurked on GW for at least a few years now, and only started posting this year. One thing that I remember from even as recently as last January, was the overall mood of pessimism.

This is obviously changed recently, and I'm glad others have noticed this as well.

I do agree, though, that Gateworld seems to be the place with the most optimism going on right now. I have noticed that other places don't yet share this sentiment.
                    Fandom is cyclical. It's optimistic, it's pessimistic. When a show first begins, it's usually all roses and sunshine, but then criticism and cynicism creep in (usually in season 2 when the producers decide to ruin a show by changing things) GW has always had it's ups and downs. And because SG is such a long-running franchise, the fandom changes out. Many SG1 fans just bailed when SGA came out and didn't return, and likewise with SGA fans bailing out cuz that was the show they liked. Fans also need to realize that many people watch shows just for a particular actor, so, when the show/actor goes, the fan just turns off the tv.

I'm still on the fence with SGU because I want to see an epsiode and judge for myself. And yes, I'm sure the episodes will leak before the show airs, but I'll wait for the actual TV show.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                      Fandom is cyclical. It's optimistic, it's pessimistic. When a show first begins, it's usually all roses and sunshine, but then criticism and cynicism creep in (usually in season 2 when the producers decide to ruin a show by changing things) GW has always had it's ups and downs. And because SG is such a long-running franchise, the fandom changes out. Many SG1 fans just bailed when SGA came out and didn't return, and likewise with SGA fans bailing out cuz that was the show they liked. Fans also need to realize that many people watch shows just for a particular actor, so, when the show/actor goes, the fan just turns off the tv.

I'm still on the fence with SGU because I want to see an epsiode and judge for myself. And yes, I'm sure the episodes will leak before the show airs, but I'll wait for the actual TV show.
                      in my opinion, its always a good idea to wait and see
                      SG-1 members
                      Atlantis Team members

Comment

I can understand that. However, I'm more on the optomistic side of the fence. After everything I've read, it seems like it will be a good show. I just don't wanna get too optomistic!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                          I can understand that. However, I'm more on the optomistic side of the fence. After everything I've read, it seems like it will be a good show. I just don't wanna get too optomistic!
                          yer it sound like a good show witha strong plot and overall story
                          http://www.gateworld.net/universe/s1/100.shtml
                          SG-1 members
                          Atlantis Team members

Comment

I'm in the same boat, I loving everything I'm seeing and hearing, just don't want to get too excited and set my expectations too high, otherwise disappointment is a garantee.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                              I'm in a the same boat, I loving everything I'm seeing and hearing, just don't want to get too excited and set my expectations too high, otherwise disappointment is a garantee.
                              same here... very high expectations for the show
                              SG-1 members
                              Atlantis Team members

Comment

Really good posting!!!

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                                I'm in the same boat, I loving everything I'm seeing and hearing, just don't want to get too excited and set my expectations too high, otherwise disappointment is a garantee.
                                Im the same, very must so on the fence and like LtColCarter maybe mire on the optimistic side after this week. A great cast has been put together and the move to more of a character focused, ensemble, serialized form of storytelling is defiantly appealing. Though there are some things like the story/plot im a little less convinced about. But like BJS said in one of the video's, who wouldn't want some change and a bit of a shark up after 15 seasons. obviously there are some fans who dont, looking around at various threads, but if SGU came out as more of the same, a clone of clone if you will, id put money on it that more people would complain because there would be nothing new and it would be repetitive and boring. Granted these a risk with doing something new but i think, well at least im hoping by doing something new it will only be beneficial rather than problematic.

Comment

Working...
                                X