Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a tweet from today

@HerbSommerfeld: Off to Stargate Universe (Justice, I believe the episode is), today to hang with Will Waring, Jamil and the gang. Good times.

Comment

PG15 writes: “ 1. Is the freelancer-written episode, episode 14?

2. Let me bring out this old chestnut again, from March 16th:

Brad then pytched out hys revysed notion for an ydea he’s been battyng around for a whyle now. A great premyse wyth an yntryguing mystery at yts core, a wonderful opportunyty for one of our characters, all wrapped up in a an ultymately touchyng theme.

Is this the episode that you referenced when you said today that “Carl will move from Faith to that story Brad pitched out“?

3. Who’s writing the thrilling Season finale?”

Answers: 1. 13 and 14.

2. Yes.

3. Either Brad or Robert.

and Life is at 9, Justice 10 and so on. Is that article up the creek?”

Answer: Nope. I am.
      http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...nrad-williams/
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Update:

And speaking of slots, great news on the director front. Both Peter DeLuise and Alex Chapple will be returning to direct episodes in the back half.

---

PG15 writes: “1. Did the same freelancer write Faith and #14, or were they written by different people?

2. Will you be able to tell us the Freelancer’s names eventually?

3. Any ideas on when more promotional stuff is coming out? Besides this blog, things have been pretty quiet on the SGU front.

4. Some over at Gateworld have been wondering on the action-quota of SGU, since it’s more character-focused. What can you say about the quantity (i.e. are there as many action scenes as in the past?) and quality (are they done differently than in the past?) of the action scenes in SGU? “

Answers: 1. Nope. Different freelancers.

2. Yep.

3. No idea what MGM and SciFi are planning on their end. My guess is this year’s San Diego Comic Con will be the big roll-out (late July).

4. There will be plenty of action for those of you into that sort of thing. The episode presently in prep for instance, Space, is going to be spectacular. The Visual Effects meeting started at 2:00 p.m. this afternoon and they were still in there when I left.

Arctic Goddess writes: “Of all the cool props and gadgets, as well as seriously hot costumes from the past decade and a half of Stargate, would you personally like to have in your home or to wear? “

Answer: Baal’s wardrobe. And probably one of those nifty Icarus uniforms.

Daniel Willis writes: “Is there a style of filming that the Stargate series has? What I mean is that there are always different directors making the different episodes, so do they have to be told what they can and can’t do with the episode? If so, what are the sort of limitations… Can you explain the process a little?”

Answer: The shooting style will be a little looser, allow the director more freedom to move the camera rather than have to rely on static shots. This doesn’t mean it’s going to be shot in a nausea-inducing handheld documentary style. Rather, it will be more visually dynamic than its predecessors. Before the season began, Brad and Robert sat down and talked to Andy Mikita about what they envisioned for the show – and Andy delivered big time in the opening three-parter. Ensuing directors took their cues from Brad, Rob, Andy, and the look of those three episodes.

Major D. Davis writes: “1. Besides Air, Earth and Life, will there be any episodes partially set on earth( you know, getting out of those sound stages for a breath of fresh air)?

2. When do you think we will be able to see some interesting SGU updates( such as MGM’s Secret Project)/ Us fans are dying for new news.”

Answers: 1. It’s possible.

2. Again, I’m not sure what the studio or network have planned.

Joshua writes: “Hey Joe; I would really not like to take comments made in interviews out of context. What is your thoughts on this statement(Just as the sentence itself, not some pissing contest with well…the other joe.)
        “If Universe is successful, the prevailing theory among the writers and producers will be that actors are dispensible and not a critical part of the show(Joe Flanigan)””

Answer: Well, anyone who has frequented this blog for any amount of time knows that isn’t true. Over the past few months, I’ve expressed my excitement about the upcoming Stargate: Universe series and, more often than not, my comments have centered on our wonderful cast. From Robert Carlyle to our local supporting players, they are all very talented, professional, and genuinely kind individuals. As I told Michael Shanks and wife Lexa Doig the last time they dropped by the office: It’s an embarrassment of riches for us this year. And, speaking of actors from our former shows, feel free to search this blog for what I’ve had to say about actors like Michael Shanks, Lexa Doig, Richard Dean Anderson, Amanda Tapping, Christopher Judge, Don S. Davis, Beau Bridges, Ben Browder, Claudia Black, Robert Picardo, Jewel Staite, Rachel Luttrell, David Hewlett, Jason Momoa, and David Nykl – to name just a few – and it will be readily apparent that we have great respect for the contribution cast members past and present have made to the franchise. Of course, it’ll be up to you, the fans, to form your opinion on this new cast. But take it from someone who has been working with them since February – every one of them is not only great at what they do, but incredibly down to earth. Not an inflated ego or demanding grandstander in the bunch.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...hiroi-mailbag/

Comment

Wow, I feel like I've missed so much. That's the only bad part about vacations...limited internet access. Blah, I'm off to Rome today, so I can't complain .

I can't wait to get back and start posting more though.
          Sig by Pandora's Box
          sigpic

Comment

So, Joe said there were more spoilers hidden in the text of his dog's twitter account.

Can anyone spot them?

EDIT: Ok, I found these:

dkljklklkjfd,mstargateeggstinctionncvdsflkAtlantisjlkdlklklkeIOAlkas;lkoipaslk;lka;lkoipelkadlk;ad

ssdklfslkewlidsoioiAtlantisrewioasoioiStromlkoirewlkaaslkoiIOAasjkleoipdlk

Does this mean Carlo Rota will be in Universe AND Stargate:Extinction?
            Last edited by SGFerrit; 03 June 2009, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
              So, Joe said there were more spoilers hidden in the text of his dog's twitter account.

Can anyone spot them?

dkljklklkjfd,mstargateeggstinctionncvdsflkAtlantisjlkdlklklkeIOAlkas;lkoipaslk;lka;lkoipelkadlk;ad

And this one:

alkjjRaspberrykuirklrjkjToddkjkkji

Oops - that was for Atlantis not SGU... Sorry, wrong thread
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                Wow, I feel like I've missed so much. That's the only bad part about vacations...limited internet access. Blah, I'm off to Rome today, so I can't complain .

I can't wait to get back and start posting more though.
                Can I come?
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post

Can anyone spot them?

Does this mean Woolsey is gone?
                  sigpic

Comment

Frome TV Guide Online
                    Spoiler:

.How about a scoop on the upcoming Stargate Universe? — Aled, in Wales
                    MATT:
                    When SGU debuts on Sci Fi Channel Oct. 2 — at which point, remember, Sci Fi will be known as SyFy — viewers will be quick to pick up on the special something that sets this Stargate apart from any predecessors. As one source tells me, "Death is a big part of this show." So, I'd tread very, very carefully when getting attached to people you think will be series regulars..
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                      Frome TV Guide Online
                      Spoiler:

.How about a scoop on the upcoming Stargate Universe? — Aled, in Wales
                      MATT:
                      When SGU debuts on Sci Fi Channel Oct. 2 — at which point, remember, Sci Fi will be known as SyFy — viewers will be quick to pick up on the special something that sets this Stargate apart from any predecessors. As one source tells me, "Death is a big part of this show." So, I'd tread very, very carefully when getting attached to people you think will be series regulars..
                      Woop Woop! they answered my question!! tho it dosent really tell us anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                        Woop Woop! they answered my question!! tho it dosent really tell us anything.
                        Well, TV Guide seems to confirm what Joe Flanigan said in the AXN Q&A... Actors have become expendable in Stargate, including SGU.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                          Well, TV Guide seems to confirm what Joe Flanigan said in the AXN Q&A... Actors have become expendable in Stargate, including SGU.
                          Of course they are expendable. Characters get killed off all the time in almost every genere of televison in the hopes to improve the show.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Of course they are expendable. Characters get killed off all the time in almost every genere of televison in the hopes to improve the show.
                            Tell that to RDA, Michael Shanks, Amanda Tapping, Chris Judge and most SG-1 actors.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                              Tell that to RDA, Michael Shanks, Amanda Tapping, Chris Judge and most SG-1 actors.
                              What is your point? Each show is different even within franchises. The stories on SGA were different then SG1 and as a result the character have different standards and qualities that define the show and maybe what is good enough on one show isn't enough for another.
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

A major complaint by fans was this character shield that seemed to make the main characters impervius to death, taking that away is great in my opinion, makes the show far less predictable.

Comment

Working...
                                X