Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ackeb View Post
    I must agree, Stargate Atlantis's demise was inevitable. As much as I hate to see it go, it hasnt come as much of a suprise and I am extremly excited to watch Stargate Universe and see what it will do for the Stargate franchise.
    Hopefully when others realize that this was indeed going to happen regardless of the time of SGU's premiere or current SGA ratings they will be more open to the idea of a new and differnt kind of Stargate.
    Here, here! I couldn't possibly agree any more!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

i think the name stargate Universe is a good name and i cant wait till it comes out so i can start watching it.Dose enyone know when its suposed to come out???

Comment

when is star gate universe suposed to come out?

Comment

Summer 2009

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
            Summer 2009
            Personally, I am very eager to see what this show has to offer.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I am exited about Universe, but I feel they betrayed the crew and the fans of Atlantis. They should have made a Universe season 1 / Atlantis season 6 next year. But now they risked the whole franchise and it seems it will be a Russian roulette.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                I am exited about Universe, but I feel they betrayed the crew and the fans of Atlantis. They should have made a Universe season 1 / Atlantis season 6 next year. But now they risked the whole franchise and it seems it will be a Russian roulette.

Agreed this would have been the smarter course of action to be taken, seeing as how it worked well with the introduction of SGA ( SG-1 was still on). Hindsight is alwasy 20/20 though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ackeb View Post
                  Agreed this would have been the smarter course of action to be taken, seeing as how it worked well with the introduction of SGA ( SG-1 was still on). Hindsight is alwasy 20/20 though.
                  But they didn't WANT it to be that kind of show. They wanted it to have no ties to previous SG incarnations, so you don't have to have watched them... SGA references SG1 so often it's unreal, they didn't want that. They wanted a stand alone show.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                    But they didn't WANT it to be that kind of show. They wanted it to have no ties to previous SG incarnations, so you don't have to have watched them... SGA references SG1 so often it's unreal, they didn't want that. They wanted a stand alone show.

Yes and that probaly is there reasoning for scraping SGA all together before stating SGU. Hopefully though the show will still do well.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                      Here, here! I couldn't possibly agree any more!
                      Excuse me folks, shouldn't this be spelled as: "Hear, hear"? Or is this just a gateworldism list like "should of"?
                      sigpic

Comment

Proposed new title for SGU:

Stargate Destiny

1. it is obviously dealing with the gateship
                        2. it can open the door for a series-long theme: Earth, and the 2nd evloution of humanity in the Milky Way reaching and fulfilling our ultimate destiny - reaching and/or surpassing the Alterans...
                        Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                        Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                        Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                        Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Why in the world would anyone who enjoyed SG-1 and Atlantis be upset about another incarnation of Stargate ? If they ( the writers ) can come up with interesting plots and well written scripts and they hire halfway decent actors and directors I can't see why there would be an objection. Now if they jumped the shark ala Enterprise then sure we'll have to bail but why try and stop things before they have even begun?
                          Michael Shanks in Local Custom and Ben Browder in Interlopers

Comment

Originally posted by ruach View Post
                            Why in the world would anyone who enjoyed SG-1 and Atlantis be upset about another incarnation of Stargate ? If they ( the writers ) can come up with interesting plots and well written scripts and they hire halfway decent actors and directors I can't see why there would be an objection. Now if they jumped the shark ala Enterprise then sure we'll have to bail but why try and stop things before they have even begun?
                            1. we're not certain they CAN come up with INTERESTING plots... the general plot of SGA dealing with the Wraith and Michael, to me, is very dull and second-rate

2. the cliche "nothing can compare to the original"

3. the general feeling everyone is getting that SGU will not be that recognizeable as a Stargate show... its more like Star Trek Voyager

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
                              1. we're not certain they CAN come up with INTERESTING plots... the general plot of SGA dealing with the Wraith and Michael, to me, is very dull and second-rate

2. the cliche "nothing can compare to the original"

3. the general feeling everyone is getting that SGU will not be that recognizeable as a Stargate show... its more like Star Trek Voyager
                              Speak for yourself. I honestly can't understand the idea that because it's about people stuck on a ship it will automatically be more like Voyager than Stargate, it was a stupid idea when people said it about Atlantis and it's a stupid idea now.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                                Speak for yourself. I honestly can't understand the idea that because it's about people stuck on a ship it will automatically be more like Voyager than Stargate, it was a stupid idea when people said it about Atlantis and it's a stupid idea now.
                                SGU: They gate to a ship, and they can't get home.
                                STV: They're stuck on a ship, and can't get home.

what is so hard to understand?

Comment

Working...
                                X