Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ackeb View Post
    Regardless the fact remains what makes a Stargate show a Stargate show will still be found within SGU.
    Absolutely. Stargate: Universe isn't taking place in some Alternate Reality. Whilst this team are stuck aboard the Destiny the SGC will still be under Cheyenne Mountain, SG-1 are still going out on missions, Atlantis is still in Pegasus, Jack's in Washington, and Sam's hopefully in command of something somewhere.

At some point in this first season...even the first episode perhaps...there should be some connection with one of it's sister shows. I imagine the team will get to Destiny by travelling via the SGC Gate so there's one connection to Stargate SG-1 right there. If the SGC does feature then I think it'd be a mistake to not include some recognisable cast members to see off the new cast...if their available.

Even if the SGC or Atlantis or any of the recognisable characters we know don't appear then the Stargate most *definitely* will. That in itself makes this a part of the Stargate franchise.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by apsman View Post
      The third series is based on a younger cast. Its like 90210 in space.
      I sure hope not.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
        I sure hope not.
        It's going to be nothing like 90210. Nothing at all. What's usually at the heart of the Stargate franchise? The USAF and the USMC and scientists and aliens and intergalactic travel. Now unless 90210 features any one of those then...yes, Stargate: Universe will be like that.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

**Presses Play On MP3 Player**

"I don't want to to wait for our lives to be over,
          I want to know right now what will it be.
          I don't want to wait for our lives to be over,
          Will it be yes or will it be sorry? "

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
            Absolutely. Stargate: Universe isn't taking place in some Alternate Reality. Whilst this team are stuck aboard the Destiny the SGC will still be under Cheyenne Mountain, SG-1 are still going out on missions, Atlantis is still in Pegasus, Jack's in Washington, and Sam's hopefully in command of something somewhere.

At some point in this first season...even the first episode perhaps...there should be some connection with one of it's sister shows. I imagine the team will get to Destiny by travelling via the SGC Gate so there's one connection to Stargate SG-1 right there. If the SGC does feature then I think it'd be a mistake to not include some recognisable cast members to see off the new cast...if their available.

Even if the SGC or Atlantis or any of the recognisable characters we know don't appear then the Stargate most *definitely* will. That in itself makes this a part of the Stargate franchise.
            Well put would be great way to start off SGU!

Comment

I don't see how having younger actors is going attract younger viewers, I think RCC and BW have thought this through imo. I will watch this show keeping my mind open, like I did for Atlantis, and it turned to be really good. But I still have serious doubts on the future of this franchise, and the name to me sounds corny, I don't you people. but to me it does.

Comment

Just mention of the word 'Stargate' sounds incredibly cheesy to a lot of people in the world, let alone adding on something like 'Atlantis' into the mix. And when people find out just what 'SG-1' stands for, from my experience more often than not they respond with 'really? Are you kidding me?'

So honestly, sounding corny to a lot of folks is nothing new. It's just that over time, any word or literary combination becomes quite normal and passive in the ears of someone who is accustomed to hearing and reading it.
                If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
                  Just mention of the word 'Stargate' sounds incredibly cheesy to a lot of people in the world, let alone adding on something like 'Atlantis' into the mix. And when people find out just what 'SG-1' stands for, from my experience more often than not they respond with 'really? Are you kidding me?'

So honestly, sounding corny to a lot of folks is nothing new. It's just that over time, any word or literary combination becomes quite normal and passive in the ears of someone who is accustomed to hearing and reading it.
                  Yeah True,

Comment

Star Trek is STILL corny... in fact it gets cornier every year...
                    Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                    Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                    Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                    Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
                      Star Trek is STILL corny... in fact it gets cornier every year...
                      That is true. I think the JJ Abrams flick next year has a chance at changing that for some, though. A lot of people think Transformers doesn't sound as ridiculous as it used to, since last year, for example.

A good way to 'fix' the issue is to spend over a hundred million dollars on it, apparently.
                      If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Problem with Star Trek is: Trekkies...

Comment

or Trekkers
                          sigpic
                          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

or Will

iam

Shatne

r

Comment

The problem with Star Trek is it takes itself too seriously, and if it carries on like that then the reboot will fail. Nothing as camp and cheesy as Star Trek will survive in this day and age unless it gets a bit lighter, either that or lose the cheddar.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                                or Trekkers
                                Can't make mistakes like that when your a fan of Stargate. I was a Star Trek fan but..."Trekkies"..."Trekkers"...I couldn't give a rat's butt.

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                                The problem with Star Trek is it takes itself too seriously, and if it carries on like that then the reboot will fail. Nothing as camp and cheesy as Star Trek will survive in this day and age unless it gets a bit lighter, either that or lose the cheddar.
                                Definitely! TBH, I'm quite happy to let the whole franchise go and move on. I don't miss it.

Comment

Working...
                                X