Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
    I believe once the movies are out of the way, they can begin full work into this new series. I must confess, I am somewhat anxious to see what new storyline and villains they might have in this new show.
    and another invincible team of unstoppable heroes running through the Canadian forests in hope of finding miraculous weapon which will stop a terrible enemy :-)
    Last edited by g.o.d; 23 September 2007, 06:25 AM.
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

I dont think that the new serie starts before the movies. I hope they will take some time to develop a real good story. Please, Please, Please dear writers, dont make me cry.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
        and another invincible team of unstoppable heroes running through the Canadian forests in hope of finding miraculous weapon which will stop a terrible enemy :-)
        i hope not, i want something more human, like i said in a previous post, some team, or large group, stranded somewhere new and exciting, perhaps a new galaxy, with no known way of getting home, and dont say it's like voyager because they don't have a ship
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
          i hope not, i want something more human, like i said in a previous post, some team, or large group, stranded somewhere new and exciting, perhaps a new galaxy, with no known way of getting home, and dont say it's like voyager because they don't have a ship
          Nope, it's like Atlantis s1...

Comment

i pretty much mean thay have nothing! just their packs, no awesome city or anything like that.
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

The key elements of Stargate are that 1) Earths fighting against an old powerful species that can wipe it out if they are given the chance 2) a team are out there looking for allies against this new enemy.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
                The key elements of Stargate are that 1) Earths fighting against an old powerful species that can wipe it out if they are given the chance .
                and it's becoming boring

it's really stupid. There's a very old and inteligent enemy and he's defeated in two years(the Ori) by superhumans from Earth
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                  and it's becoming boring

it's really stupid. There's a very old and inteligent enemy and he's defeated in two years(the Ori) by superhumans from Earth
                  While true, thats the basic elements in a Stargate show plus the fact that its set in the current age with perhaps Earth not knowing about the Stargate Program. In the end, while designed to appeal to Stargate viewers; new shows are tasked with getting a new audience as well. Such people wouldnt know about this formula.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

No galaxy full of humans, I'm sick of that.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                      but on the other side, it would interesting to see a galaxy full of humans without Alterans' interference. Completly isolated from the Alterans' experiments
                      Stolen Kosovo
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        i don't mind galaxies with humans in, as long as theres a reason behind it, but when all the aliens look basically human with little bits added, that i can't get behind.
                        Spoiler:
                        Disclaimer:
                        Quotes!
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah have the aliens a little more alien than star trek's average attempt.

Comment

I've got a feeling it will be something like 'Quantum Leap' with a team of explorers utilizing the ninth chevron to explore alternate universes. :shrug: It's an interesting concept, but I don't want to speculate too much. A new hint from the head honchos wouldn't go amiss.
                            "Furlings -- they sound cute, like Ewoks!" - Citizen Joe

Comment

Originally posted by FurlingsAreMyFriends View Post
                              I've got a feeling it will be something like 'Quantum Leap' with a team of explorers utilizing the ninth chevron to explore alternate universes. :shrug: It's an interesting concept, but I don't want to speculate too much. A new hint from the head honchos wouldn't go amiss.
                              i thought it's been pointed out several, neigh, numerous times that TPTB said SGU will NOT deal with alternate universes as the main concept...

a more sensible look at SGU is that SG1 and SGA have both been limited to a single galaxy for about 95% of the series... sure SG1 goes to the Asgard galaxy and Pegasus and the Ori galaxy, and SGA started in the MW and went to Pegasus, but for the most part SG1 takes place in the MW, SGA in Pegasus... so perhaps SGU takes place not in a single galaxy, but several?

maybe the new SG team stumbles into the middle of an inter-multi-galactic war... or runs into a super-race that is running roughshod over a galaxy cluster?

another thought... the Atlantis gate is the only gate in Pegasus that can dial Earth... perhaps Earth's gate is the only one in the MW that can utilize the 9th chevron and at that there is only 1 9-chevron address in the system...
                              Last edited by IrishPisano; 25 September 2007, 06:21 PM.
                              Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                              Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                              Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                              Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Well dear me, I appologize for not reading all 59 pages of this thread to see everything that's already been pointed out. I'll keep my opinions to myself now.
                                "Furlings -- they sound cute, like Ewoks!" - Citizen Joe

Comment

Working...
                                X