Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
    well that shows her professionalism right there...

yes, it sucks being reduced from a star to a recurring character... but hey, shows evolve... wtf did she expect after her character was captured by the replicators?
    No.
    They told her during the filming of the episode where she got INJURED.
    They got her back for the replicator ep because she still had a contract for a certain amount of appearances...
    And that's up now...
    Imagine if it happened to you, dude...
    Bar.
    e-mail(And msn messenger): [email protected]

Gravity can bind my feet, but it can never bind my imagination...

Comment

Originally posted by bar View Post
      No.
      They told her during the filming of the episode where she got INJURED.
      They got her back for the replicator ep because she still had a contract for a certain amount of appearances...
      And that's up now...

Imagine if it happened to you, dude...
      Bar.
      That's not true at all. She wasn't contracted for any more episodes after season 3 at the time they told her she wasn't coming back as a regular, they offered her a part as a recurring character in season 4 and she agreed. And I'd hardly call how she acted 'professional', as soon as she'd finished filming on season four she did an interview complaining about how she'd been given a crappy deal...

Comment

Honestly, i'm glad the character's gone... i found Higginson's portrayal of Weir to be annoying at times... TH's portrayal made Weir come off as a weak commander, very unsure of herself... it seemed a bit forced at times, and for someone who brokered many top-level peace negotiations she didn't seem very self-confident...

i don't know how much of it was TH or how the role was written, but TH's Weir seemed out of place to me at times... and i guess this goes back to her being the base commander, she really didn't seem effective to me, no real sense of being in charge of McKay and Sheppard et al... i always had the feeling that TH's Weir was more like a baby-sitter than anything else, "Rodney, Johnnie, you guys can do whatever you want... just make sure that when you're parents come home that you clean everything up and do as i say so that they think i'm good..."

Jessica Steen's portrayal was a bit better, imo, from what was it... 2 episodes? more authoritative... more believable as a treaty broker...
        Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
        Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
        Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
        Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          And I'd hardly call how she acted 'professional', as soon as she'd finished filming on season four she did an interview complaining about how she'd been given a crappy deal...
          I would do the same thing
          Stolen Kosovo
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
            I would do the same thing
            then you would also be unprofessional...

anyone have a link to an article about what actually happened?

Comment

then you would also be unprofessional...

anyone have a link to an article about what actually happened?
              I would be professional towards people who deserve it. SGA TPTB don't
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                I would be professional towards people who deserve it. SGA TPTB don't
                and that just shows your self-centered ungracious unprofessionalism

Comment

and that just shows your self-centered ungracious unprofessionalism

if you say so
                  Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bar View Post
                    The crystal was for the eighth chevron to lock.
                    You didn't need to be dialling Earth.
                    I always assumed it was a safety procedure they used to confine the Wraith to Pegasus.
                    Only the Lantians had access to Atlantis after all.
                    But each Pegasus gate has the ability to dial another galaxy. As long as you put the crystal in...
                    Bar.
                    That's how I saw it too. The crystal allowed the eighth chevron to lock and dial out, but of course you'd need: 1) knowledge that the eighth chevron even exists in the system and what it would be, and 2)the power for the connection. Most races don't have that, and you'll naturally need a lot more power for the ninth.

Perhaps the Ancients won't have included many failsafes in the system tied to the ninth chevron because it's so unlikely that someone could get the power to use it(OK, that's at least one right there).
                    It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                    --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Originally posted by Opener View Post
                      That's how I saw it too. The crystal allowed the eighth chevron to lock and dial out, but of course you'd need: 1) knowledge that the eighth chevron even exists in the system and what it would be, and 2)the power for the connection. Most races don't have that, and you'll naturally need a lot more power for the ninth.

Perhaps the Ancients won't have included many failsafes in the system tied to the ninth chevron because it's so unlikely that someone could get the power to use it(OK, that's at least one right there).

One thing i was thinking about a failsafe for the 9th chevron would be you DIDN'T need extra power.
                      If you knew the correct nine symbols(And maybe have a crystal that's required), the gate will perhaps send you gate-to-gate-to-gate using only the standard amount of power, kind of like the Midway dialling program.
                      And that way, perhaps a residual charge can be built up between gates during the trip, to allow the "next galaxy" trip to be taken without a ZPM.
                      But i expect TPTB will have worked something out.
                      Bar.
                      e-mail(And msn messenger): [email protected]

Gravity can bind my feet, but it can never bind my imagination...

Comment

It will interesting to see what ever they make up...
                        It will no doubt fail our expectations but will be creative none the less...
                        There's something I haven't thought about... But someone else might have...
                        What if the 9th chevron used "Subspace" instead of another dimension to create the travelers wormhole... and then less power would be required...

Remember back to the Tolan explanation of the message device they use...
                        ... he picked up a stick and asked how they would send a message from one point to the next... and then at the end of the conversation, he bends the stick to make the 2 points meet... in this sense and with this understanding... messages and matter travelling in subspace are near instant, that all of subspace is accessed at any one given time... just another theory.. but it would need the main basics of Gate travel to be rewritten...

Why don't we move on from "How the ninth chevron will work" back to SG:Universe discussion...
                        What sort of tech would we like to see?
                        what sort of cultures?
                        what sort of story arc?
                        - - - - - - - - - - - -
                        - Daniel J. epitomises the STD geek I think... To come from an Intellectual field and then to progress into one of the most Kick ass Characters EVER! Only wish he got to continue the development of that character into Atlantis... meh

Comment

Originally posted by Guardian_aiur View Post
                          It will interesting to see what ever they make up...
                          It will no doubt fail our expectations but will be creative none the less...
                          There's something I haven't thought about... But someone else might have...
                          What if the 9th chevron used "Subspace" instead of another dimension to create the travelers wormhole... and then less power would be required...

Remember back to the Tolan explanation of the message device they use...
                          ... he picked up a stick and asked how they would send a message from one point to the next... and then at the end of the conversation, he bends the stick to make the 2 points meet... in this sense and with this understanding... messages and matter travelling in subspace are near instant, that all of subspace is accessed at any one given time... just another theory.. but it would need the main basics of Gate travel to be rewritten...

Why don't we move on from "How the ninth chevron will work" back to SG:Universe discussion...
                          What sort of tech would we like to see?
                          what sort of cultures?
                          what sort of story arc?
                          I would like to see some new gate tech from some other alien civilization and getting SG to decode it..
                          http://www.scirev.net/ - My Dr Who fanfics, many crossing over with Stargate & Sliders
                          sigpic
                          My fics at my site
                          Other fanfics on fanfiction.net --includes a new SGU/Space:1999 crossover, as well as the Dalek Stargate

Comment

Feature a different galaxy in each season, or every couple of seasons. This would fulfill the "Universe" part of the title.
                            It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                            --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

How did TH protray Weir badly? From what I understood, the character was supposed to appear unsure of herself and somewhat frightened. After all, this was just an Earth diplomat thrust into a new galaxy with no experience. The point was for her to slowly mature into a strong leader over the course of Atlantis, and she was starting to get there when they axed her.
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

From what i understand, didnt the anchients (spelling sucks sorry) use the device on Takara to bring about live in this universe?
                                now take that forward to universe.... We find the ninth chevron go to this ship thing.. go to the olny stargate they planted wich has a life creating divice where we go activate it and scrue up that universe and cant get back home.

Comment

Working...
                                X