Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they even still making a third series?

Comment

Originally posted by LawgSkrak View Post
      Are they even still making a third series?
      I believe they are. I think its been said that Stargate: Universe will commence production once work on the two films finishes.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
        I believe they are. I think its been said that Stargate: Universe will commence production once work on the two films finishes.

Cooper also said that the third series "is very active in development. MGM is currently putting financing together. The goal is to have it out in the marketplace in early 2008, which means that we have to start writing very soon. The hold-up has really been the movies -- Brad and I are busy. When we are done with Continuum and Ark of Truth we're going to turn our attention to that pretty seriously."
        http://gateworld.net/news/2007/03/iu...nth_chev.shtml
        there you go
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

Well Ark of Truth is out early next year and sometime later is Continuum so perhaps the latter half of 2008 when we see something new?

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
            Well Ark of Truth is out early next year and sometime later is Continuum so perhaps the latter half of 2008 when we see something new?
            well that's when they are out, but they must be finished filming the movies by now, i'm sure at this sort of time they are just in the process of getting it greenlit/funded, if infact it WILL be greenlit/funded, who knows, maybe sci-fi will refuse to take it up, and i can't imagine that any other channel would want to share a franchise, unless they really wanted it and offered TPTB more money for atlantis season 5.
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

They're definitely finished filming for the movies, they finished quite a while ago. I'm surprised we haven't heard more about the new series to be honest, makes me a bit unsure as to whether we're going to get one...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                They're definitely finished filming for the movies, they finished quite a while ago. I'm surprised we haven't heard more about the new series to be honest, makes me a bit unsure as to whether we're going to get one...

Oh, I feel confident that we will. I look forward to seeing the Stargate universe from the point of view of...well...Stargate: Universe. The Ninth Chevron certainly opens up whole new possibilities and potential of new adventures.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                  Oh, I feel confident that we will. I look forward to seeing the Stargate universe from the point of view of...well...Stargate: Universe. The Ninth Chevron certainly opens up whole new possibilities and potential of new adventures.
                  I just wonder what those possibilities are.

Comment

Originally posted by MartianManhunter View Post
                    I just wonder what those possibilities are.
                    maybe with the ninth chevron it's possible to travel to planets even further away from earth
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Yeah i've noticed that alot of people have been saying that, but ot be honest, it doesnt seem like enough. I dont know why but i feel like the ninth chevron is/should do something more amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by MartianManhunter View Post
                        Yeah i've noticed that alot of people have been saying that, but ot be honest, it doesnt seem like enough. I dont know why but i feel like the ninth chevron is/should do something more amazing.
                        Agreed. The 8th chevron has already taken us to the Pegasus Galaxy so distance has been covered with that in Stargate: Atlantis. The 9th chevron in Stargate: Universe could still do distance but with some kind of extra added twist. I think though that Stargate: Universe shouldn't be too far away from either the Milky Way Galaxy (Stargate SG-1) or the Pegasus Galaxy just to allow potential for crossovers.

Comment

maybe it'd put us on the farthest side of the universe possible

OR

i got it...

it gates us to the ASCENDED REALM...
                          Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                          Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                          Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                          Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
                            OR

i got it...

it gates us to the ASCENDED REALM...
                            LAME!

stargates were around ages before the ancients ascended, you really think after they worked out how, they all said
                            Yeah, lets go around all our galaxies upgrading all the stargates to ascend people!! that way, if we ever descend we have a shortcut back!
                            just.... no

and the other side of the universe, what's the point in that, that would be just like another simple spin off, which tptb have said this won't be!!!!

ps
                            Spoiler:
                            i know you were joking i was just in a ranting mood
                            Spoiler:
                            Disclaimer:
                            Quotes!
                            sigpic

Comment

How about this (rather sketchy, but I think it would fit the title "Universe" and provide the most epic soryline ever seen on a SciFi show):

As we know, the 8th chevron allows gate travel to another galaxy. Now as I understand it, galaxies occur together in huge clusters, clouds of galaxies. The distances between those clusters must be infinitely greater than those between individual galaxies within one cluster.

What if the 9th chevron allows gate travel between galaxy clusters? That way you could literally explore all the universe, at least where there is a gate system. That would be one justification to call it SGU.

But you can't just gate to any galaxy cluster, only to one in a certain "district" of the universe. You would need to visit a specific cluster if you want to be close enough to another cluster *district* you want to move to.

What would make it even more epic, if the new team was really looking for the ultimate answer as to how the universe began. Perhaps the Ancients created the 9th chevron to entertain some huge expedition that would gate from cluster to cluster closer and closer to the center of the universe, from where all matter is drifting away and where the big bang occured. And perhaps chevron 9 automatically directs the wormhole through the nearest star to create a jump back in time... thus getting closer to the big bang both in space and time. So when you travel within a cluster (by chevron 7 or 8), you don't travel in time, but if you gate to another cluster, one step ahead on the Big Bang Expedition, you do.

The Ancients were never able to finish that project (or decided to stop it for obscure reasons), and now it's up to the Ta'uri to continue where they left. Wouldn't that make for a fascinating story arc? Literally jumping through the universe to discover the beginning of everything, all the while also going back in time step by step (sort of a "Memento" thing, only stretching all across the series).

And of course, the farther you go back in time, the closer the clusters get to each other and to the center of the universe, so you can make faster jumps. And you need to take into account the shaping and demise of galaxies over the billions of years, so the map of the universe would change every now and then, presenting new and unexpected circumstances for the team, including meeting races that would perhaps be good allies or terrible foes, but at some point might disappear as their planet does not exist yet after the jump, etc.

Then, of course, there is a - literally - intergalactic race of baddies who either want to beat the good guys to the discovery for some reason, or want to stop them for some reason, well I haven't figured that part out yet, but they are up to no good, oh no!

Well this idea just came to me, thought I might as well share it. Does anybody like any of that?
                              Last edited by Hotep Ka Heru'ur; 04 October 2007, 07:42 AM.

Club Mats likes you.

Comment

Nice idea but I'm not sure if travelling closer to the centre of the universe would result in time travel, it's just that you can see the moments after the big Bang due to the amount of time the light took to travel this far!
                                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                                X