Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bar View Post
    Well there's no reason to assume anything like that.
    But even if they were invented the day before the opening scene, because we know they DID have the Jumpers BEFORE they went to Pagasus, then they had them when they arrived, no matter how new they were at the time.
    Bar.
    of course, i just say i felt they were new because there was very little of that era of alteran tech left in MW, from an alteran viewpoint, who take a long term view, they could be a couple of thosand years old, but to them that's still quite new. and when they went to PG whey would have taken all their newest stuff with them right? or as much as they could.
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
      of course, i just say i felt they were new because there was very little of that era of alteran tech left in MW, from an alteran viewpoint, who take a long term view, they could be a couple of thosand years old, but to them that's still quite new. and when they went to PG whey would have taken all their newest stuff with them right? or as much as they could.
      Of course. They would have had Atlantis filled up with all their "stuff".
      That was their home anyway, so they might not have had a huge amount of other settlements on the planet.
      They Jumper could have been coming back in with the last refugees for Atlantis to leave.
      But getting back to the entire point, because they had the Jumpers when they got to Pegasus, we know it could have been the Ancients who devised the Space-Gates.
      Bar.
      e-mail(And msn messenger): [email protected]

Gravity can bind my feet, but it can never bind my imagination...

Comment

so

from SG1 to SGA we had the following hardware upgrades:

1. digital/LED display instead of carved chevrons
        2. digital/LED display instead of moving interior ring
        3. shift from "charcoal and fire" color scheme to "water and aqua"
        4. creation of a space gate

any thoughts on what the upgrades from SGA to SGU will be?
        the gates we'll see in SGU should, most likely, be either the same as the Pegasus gates, or upgraded based on the PG design.... unless the ship was sent out before the Alterans left for Pegasus... but i doubt that's the case

something i think would be interesting is an upgrade from an LED display to an LCD display, with animated chevrons...
        and a change from the aquatic colors perhaps to a fuschia theme

though part of me would like to see the MW style gates used again... it would keep SGU more better connected to SG1 and i'd rather see that than see it connected to SGA

as for new style/types of gates.... no clue
        we have the standard ground gates
        the orbiting space gates
        and the super-gates
        what next? hmm...

i think it might be smarter for them to not introduce any new types of gates... as created by the Ancients... i mean the more they have the Ancients accomplish before they ascended, the more ridiculous their inability to defeat the Asurans and Wratih becomes...
        Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
        Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
        Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
        Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

As a fan of Stargate myself, I wanted to spread the word to all of you fans out there that now you can get Stargate laser etched onto your iPod, cellphone, laptop, shoes, and even more! You should check out this site: http://www.etchstar.com/gallery.php?tag=Stargate for some cool examples!

Comment

Originally posted by Meganstar View Post
            As a fan of Stargate myself, I wanted to spread the word to all of you fans out there that now you can get Stargate laser etched onto your iPod, cellphone, laptop, shoes, and even more! You should check out this site: http://www.etchstar.com/gallery.php?tag=Stargate for some cool examples!
            the site sucks, it called the mark of Apophis's First Prime a "U logo"

irregardless though

can i have the Mark of Apophis etched into my forehead?

Comment

put In Your atlantis: Rising dvd, And Watch The First Forty Seconds...
              You Will See They Had Jumpers While They Were On Earth...
              Pay Attention, Dude!

Here Here !!!!!!!!!!!!!

CRAZY IRISH GUY :

Puddle Jumper Pilot- Sheppard - Asmir
              Scientist - McKay - Shirt n' Tie
              Scientist - Zalenka- Bar
              Cook and able body - Ronon - Master Bray Tack .
              Crazy Irish Guy Was Here .

Spoiler:
              Are we Geeks or Nerds

Comment

i hope we see more of the furling and the nox i mean there has to be a reason we haven't seen a lot of their teck in sg1 or atlantis
                sigpic

Comment

Erm, whoever said that the gateship probably wasn't sent out before the Ancients went to Pegasus... most of their time in Pegasus was used spreading human life and then fighting the Wraith, and when they came back they were in no position to undertake such a massive project, nor do I think they had the reason to.

So I think the relatively safe conclusion is that the gateship was built before they went to Pegasus.
                  Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                  Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                    Erm, whoever said that the gateship probably wasn't sent out before the Ancients went to Pegasus... most of their time in Pegasus was used spreading human life and then fighting the Wraith, and when they came back they were in no position to undertake such a massive project, nor do I think they had the reason to.

So I think the relatively safe conclusion is that the gateship was built before they went to Pegasus.
                    yes.. in all the millions of years they didn't have time to build a ship........
                    from the time they started spreading life to when the Wraith first appeared there was literally millions of years..

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post

I agree.
                      In fact...
                      I'd like to think that the "Gateship" was built and sent out during their trip from the ORI galaxy to the MW. That way, the Gate seeding vessel would have seeded the MW too.
                      Once you hear about the way these gates need to be seeded, there is no other smart way to get a gate to a planet. An automated ship, designed to find human-habitable worlds and deposit Stargates on them is the only easy way to distribute gates without the hassle of putting them on a planet yourself...
                      So it makes perfect sense that this ship has seeded every stargate everywhere.
                      It's an intriguing notion.
                      Bar.

Comment

I agree.
                        In fact...
                        I'd like to think that the "Gateship" was built and sent out during their trip from the ORI galaxy to the MW. That way, the Gate seeding vessel would have seeded the MW too.
                        Once you hear about the way these gates need to be seeded, there is no other smart way to get a gate to a planet. An automated ship, designed to find human-habitable worlds and deposit Stargates on them is the only easy way to distribute gates without the hassle of putting them on a planet yourself...
                        So it makes perfect sense that this ship has seeded every stargate everywhere.
                        It's an intriguing notion.
                        Bar.
                        Let's not forget that it's completely possible that there could be more than one "Gateship". However, such gateships would eventually run out of the raw materials they need. It would seem that they would need human maintance every now and than. Let's also not forget that the universe is filled with different types of enemies. Wouldn't such a ship with all of it's technological marvels be a bad idea to send out flying on its own? You would think the ancients would want to protect their technology from falling into the wrong hands.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                          Let's not forget that it's completely possible that there could be more than one "Gateship". However, such gateships would eventually run out of the raw materials they need. It would seem that they would need human maintance every now and than. Let's also not forget that the universe is filled with different types of enemies. Wouldn't such a ship with all of it's technological marvels be a bad idea to send out flying on its own? You would think the ancients would want to protect their technology from falling into the wrong hands.
                          I think the Gate seeding ship will make Atlantis look like a pleasure yacht...
                          I picture it as waaay bigger, far better armed, unbeatable in a battle, with near unlimited resources.
                          And if not unlimited, the ability to replenish them easily itself WITHOUT human assistance.
                          Picture a ship large enough to swallow large comets or asteroids as materials to use to build gates.
                          Perhaps even a ship so large it wouls be a similar size to the ARK in Halo 3(Big enough to have a planet in the centre which it uses as raw material).
                          And if the planet was rich in Naquidah, that would probably be all that was needed.
                          I am just throwing one possible idea out there. I bet there are more clever ideas being considered.
                          Another possible idea is a stationary installation building gates in pieces, with a Stargate which they use to dial the "ninth chevron ship", and pass the pieces through to the gate-ship which assembles the pieces, seeds the gate and moves on to the next planet. That would allow for a smaller seeding ship.
                          And possibly a storyline where they gate through to the gate-manufacturing installation.
                          As i say, i am just thinking aloud.
                          Bar.

Comment

I think the Gate seeding ship will make Atlantis look like a pleasure yacht...
                            I picture it as waaay bigger, far better armed, unbeatable in a battle, with near unlimited resources.
                            And if not unlimited, the ability to replenish them easily itself WITHOUT human assistance.
                            Picture a ship large enough to swallow large comets or asteroids as materials to use to build gates.
                            Perhaps even a ship so large it wouls be a similar size to the ARK in Halo 3(Big enough to have a planet in the centre which it uses as raw material).
                            And if the planet was rich in Naquidah, that would probably be all that was needed.
                            I am just throwing one possible idea out there. I bet there are more clever ideas being considered.
                            Another possible idea is a stationary installation building gates in pieces, with a Stargate which they use to dial the "ninth chevron ship", and pass the pieces through to the gate-ship which assembles the pieces, seeds the gate and moves on to the next planet. That would allow for a smaller seeding ship.
                            And possibly a storyline where they gate through to the gate-manufacturing installation.
                            As i say, i am just thinking aloud.
                            Bar.
                            The idea is very impressive, however let's remember one thing the bigger the ship the easier it is to detect. All it would take is one living race with resource capabilities close to that of the Asgard and they could widdle away at the defenses. Eventually they would be able to get in the ship and take the technology as their own. I don't see a piece of technology such as that surviving out in space all alone with it's programing. But that's just me.
                            sigpic

Comment

it is my humble opinion that GS1 (the ship that seeds the gates) while unmanned, would have to have a crew... after all, it has to build the stargates, mine resources to create power, plot courses, etc... i'd find it unbelievable if the Ancients could send a ship out to several GALAXIES on a fixed course that would factor in millions of years of stellar drift and GALACTIC drift...

so for the crew i'm thinking robotic...... oh... no..... human-form replicators? slightly altered to not be so aggressive?

i really hope not... how about holographic?

i think it'll have some form of a crew
                              and perhaps GS2 (the ship the 9th chevron connects to) is automated to follow coordinates relayed to it by GS1... but there's still 1 problem: power source... i mean we're talking about millions of years including, most likely, jumps through hyperspace, etc etc etc....

i think again that a small crew of holographic personnel might pop up... it'd make more sense than an automated ship capable of mining its own resources or creating its own power

as for a ship large enough to eat an asteroid.... sorry, to me that's too far-fetched even for SG...

re nox and furlings: we've never been given evidence that the Nox left the milky way, and given their passive, indifferent and isolationist views, i sincerely doubt they did...

the furlings i would prefer not to see at all... let them stay shrouded in mystery...

i think that if we see any races from SG1 and SGA again it'll be the Ancients, the Ori, replicators, and maybe, just maybe the Asgard in a flashback scene giving the history of GS1 and showing it seeding Ida...

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                                The idea is very impressive, however let's remember one thing the bigger the ship the easier it is to detect. All it would take is one living race with resource capabilities close to that of the Asgard and they could widdle away at the defenses. Eventually they would be able to get in the ship and take the technology as their own. I don't see a piece of technology such as that surviving out in space all alone with it's programing. But that's just me.
                                what if there are no other races?
                                what if the Alterans were the first?

and every galaxy GS1 goes to is completely devoid of life?

problem solved

Comment

Working...
                                X