Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my guess is that each season focusses on a different war:
    season 1: asgard replicator
    season 2: ancient wraith
    season 3: history of tollana
    season 4: the aschen
    season 5: the races from "the long goodbye"

Comment

Most likely they will make use of some sort of alternate reality... (boring)although I hope for a surprise...

Comment

Originally posted by ijffdrie View Post
        While that does sound pretty cool at first, I don't think it's gonna happen, and it wouldn't make people happy, either.

First, they would need to have an enourmous budget; they would have to design and build tons of costumes, sets for ships, buildings, planets, races, etc. for every new season. It's like making a whole new series every time another season starts.

More importantly, the main reason people watch a show (Stargate or any other) are the characters. You want to get to know them and watch them grow. With a complete reset every season, you would have to get used to a completely new set of characters every time a new season starts, so you will never develop a sense of "home" with the show. Or if you do, you will lose that sense the instant the new season starts.

Club Mats likes you.

Comment

Ark Of Truth Spoilers (real spoilers not speculation as I have seen it)
          Spoiler:
          With the conclusion of Ark of Truth, we could see them going to the Ori home galaxy to explore/help the locals after the downfall of their gods.

This fits in with my theory of the ninth chevron

Basically they're 39 chevrons on MW gates, and 36 on Pegasus gates. Which means MW gates can dial more gates that pegasus ones. Which leads me to believe that the ninth acts as a "spare" incase the pegasus one can't dial something as all the other possible combinations have been used up.

Therefore, a large galaxy with alot of symbols on may only have 8 chevrons on their gate, as they have so many symbols they don't need the "spare". Ori home galaxy anyone? We haven't seen their stargates yet... they may well have 8 chevrons (like the Asuran weapon in First Strike). And of course if the stargates only have 8 chevrons this will have to be addressed in the show, thus we'll find out what it does like RCC said.
          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Funny !!! Each season ... a war
            However in the third season ... with the tollans !
            I'm not sure it will be interesting. They are destroyed by their allies and Anubis !!!!
            I've got an idea.
            If they will use Tollans , it will be boring !!! But if Tollans dance when they won a battle ... it's very funny !!!

Comment

Nah I'm too sure about that...

First more or less dealt with in SG1, people won't want to know anymore

Second being dealt with in Atlantis

3rd 4th and 5th only had 3 episodes, 2 episodes and 1 episode respectively... While it would be interesting to find out more about them there's not enough there to create an entire season each.

Comment

I hope they will bring Vala to the SG:U series. She is one of the best written and perfectly well-played character in the Stargate.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                  I hope they will bring Vala to the SG:U series. She is one of the best written and perfectly well-played character in the Stargate.
                  not really... she started as a wild yet mature self-reliant person to a childish cheerleader sans pompoms
                  Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                  Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                  Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                  Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
                    not really... she started as a wild yet mature self-reliant person to a childish cheerleader sans pompoms
                    Auwch, I don't agree with your opinion about that. Vala has evolved from a childish character to a more stable character. I doubt anyone from SG.1 will come over to the new show. I rather hope not. I wouldn't mind if someone like Daniel Jackson or Jack O'Neill appeared in the first episode like they did on the pilot episode of Atlantis : Rising - part1.
                    Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                      Nah I'm too sure about that...

First more or less dealt with in SG1, people won't want to know anymore

Second being dealt with in Atlantis

3rd 4th and 5th only had 3 episodes, 2 episodes and 1 episode respectively... While it would be interesting to find out more about them there's not enough there to create an entire season each.
                      well, you'd rather have a series about something we already know? as you said, you dont want anything that is already been covered, so we need something with less appearances and those 3 seemed perfect. maybe we can mention those races(or atleast the last one) in the first 3 seasons.

Originally posted by Cameron View Post
                      Funny !!! Each season ... a war
                      However in the third season ... with the tollans !
                      I'm not sure it will be interesting. They are destroyed by their allies and Anubis !!!!
                      I've got an idea.
                      If they will use Tollans , it will be boring !!! But if Tollans dance when they won a battle ... it's very funny !!!
                      well, the tollans weren't always like this, i would like to see how they acted when their planet was thrown out of orbit by their sisterplanet. maybe the goa'uld could have attacked them at the same time

Comment

well, you'd rather have a series about something we already know? as you said, you dont want anything that is already been covered, so we need something with less appearances and those 3 seemed perfect. maybe we can mention those races(or atleast the last one) in the first 3 seasons.
                        I think you misunderstood me.... It would be cool to see those 3 races again but I don't think we will. You need to remember that the majority of stargate isn't written for hardcore fans who have followed the show for 11 years (200 was a nice exception). It is written for the "casual" viewer, because they're more casual viewers than hardcore fans, it's better for business. Therefore I don't believe they're gonna pick up a story line that was started 5, 6 or even possibly 7, as only the hardcore people will understand it. Everyone else will get lost.

Also, I doubt they'll just mention what happened to them in passing, unless a situation presents itself where they can say "o and by the way... the Aschen are all dead"... but even they could find a situation like that they won't take as it would appear seemingly random to the casual viewer.

So in my opinion the fate of the Achen/Tollan + more details on the long goodbye aliens can stay with the real furlings, the retu, the gadmeer, the giant aliens, grace aliens, and tin man aliens. Pure speculation and speculation only, unless TPTB decide differently.

Off topic but there's a very good theory out there that says the tin man aliens (Altairian) were some form of the ancients. Here's what wiki says

Due to what might have been a possible oversight in continuity it is speculated that these might have been a group of Alterans(Ancients) who stayed behind in the Milky Way or came back from the Pegasus galaxy early. As Harlan was over 11,000 years old yet the Ancients hadn't returned till 10,000 years ago and the Goa'uld didn't spread humans about the Galaxy until 5,000 years ago.
                        If you wanna discuss that do a search there's probably a thread out there already and it's too off topic for this thread. I only mentioned it because it is partially relevant to my post and it's quite interesting IMO

Comment

well i dont thing it will be about ancient wars
                          Spoiler:
                          i read some where that daniel will be the leader and it will be about the 9 cheveron

Comment

Originally posted by ha´tak View Post
                            well i dont thing it will be about ancient wars
                            Spoiler:
                            i read some where that daniel will be the leader and it will be about the 9 cheveron
                            Rumours about Michael Shanks leading the show have been denied, and Robert C. Cooper has said we will be finding out about the ninth chevron in the series.

Comment

Has anymore information been released on this subject? Its been while since I have heard anything if anyone has picked it up and if so, when would it air?

Comment

noone knows when it will air yet. I don't think they've even started

Comment

Working...
                                X