Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think for a start it should have a main story. whether its a story arc that changes from season to season, or lasts the entire series, have a main storyline instead of random episodes.

second, please oh please don't let their enemies have staff weapons. im tired of seeing it on sg. the goauld had it, the ori had it, and also the wraith have staff weapons. they all wear lame armour. the enemies need to be a lot more menacing and a threat. none of the enemies in stargate feel that way (besides anubis)

and i know how a lot of you fan boys are saying you want to see characters from the old shows be regulars, that is a bad idea. sg1 is sg1. atlantis is atlantis. why should universe use their characters. guest appearnces are cool, but if you're gonna bring back old characters from another show thinking "yeh this is going to be awesome" - it won't.

it needs to take a fresh new approach and they should learn from their mistakes on atlantis (getting rid of weir, then introducing carter, then getting rid of carter, then bringing woolsey, making the wraith wimps, recycling enemies from sg1 i.e. replicators, killing carson, then bringing him back - you guys see my point)

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
      There are many threads on here already about SGU and discussions about what it may involve. Use the search function to find them as their is no pints starting yet another thead about it.
      This thread isn't really descusing rumorers or what people think it may involve it is meant to talk about what people liked about the current series and what people WANT it to involve.
      I couldn't find one of them maybe I wasn't searching hard enough.

I agree with raysood about the bad guys and a whole group of new charectures only use old ones as the odd guest star. Not sure about one long story line I think that's best in shows like 24 although I do like the idea of one big story arc. There is a show I'm watching at the moment called 'spooks code 9' (a spin off of spook are as Americans call it ''MI5') that has every episode as a stand alone but one long through line that gets added to at the end of each episode (hope that makes sense). This make it easier for people to tune in and watch one episode to see if they like it and not have to start from the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by stevencastelein View Post
        well what i heard about it sounded great so i'll let the planning up to the writers but i certainly like your idea about the way SGU should be like the beginning from SG1 but mixed with a bit of the atlantis episodes. maybe a team consisting of ronon, mckay, sheppard and daniel
        Not a big fan of team cross overs. I don't like fan fiction either. I think it better if you get to know the charectures from the beginning like we did when SG1 first started and Atlantise. There where a few exceptions like Jack and Daniel from the movie and McKay had been on SG1 before but he wasn't a lead.
        I know people have got used to the charectures they have been watching for 11 years but sometimes it good to hit the reset button and put the fans at the same leval as the newbies.

Comment

Originally posted by kzap333 View Post
          Not a big fan of team cross overs. I don't like fan fiction either. I think it better if you get to know the charectures from the beginning like we did when SG1 first started and Atlantise. There where a few exceptions like Jack and Daniel from the movie and McKay had been on SG1 before but he wasn't a lead.
          I know people have got used to the charectures they have been watching for 11 years but sometimes it good to hit the reset button and put the fans at the same leval as the newbies.
          Having a whole heep of characters from either SG1 or SGA would be a mistake but having Rodney McKay on SGU couldnt hurt. He is a great character and could easily fit on another Stargate franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
            Having a whole heep of characters from either SG1 or SGA would be a mistake but having Rodney McKay on SGU couldnt hurt. He is a great character and could easily fit on another Stargate franchise.
            That could work. It could be quite fun he could be the one charecture on EVERY stargate show.
            Then you relise the the whole universe does actually revolve around him and he turns out to be the furlings.
            Okay maybe not that much but he could be a recurring charecture, he could be a lead but he could do more and be more extream if hr wad not in every episode.

Comment

If it's picked up, I really hope they get some new writers on board, make a fresh start in SGU.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
                Trust me, the number of boycotters and the number of general franchise fans who will tune in because it has 'Stargate' in its title has a huge proportional difference, with an enormous lead for the latter.

It amazes me how many people think that everyone who watches Stargate is as obsessive as the people on this forum. Think about it -- if that were the case, there'd be about 1.4 million people on here.

There aren't.
                You're right about that. But since everyone here might be watching other shows with "less" obsession...what do you think the "average" viewer wants?
                Getting entertained. Having something to watch on TV.
                I know I would certainly be even more pissed off at a show I'm not obsessed with that ends with a "buy the movies if you want to know the end".
                Ending shows with DVDs is certainly not encouraging the average viewer to watch them.
                sigpic
                Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
                Spoiler:
                Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
                You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                  If it's picked up, I really hope they get some new writers on board, make a fresh start in SGU.
                  I cast a strong second vote for sacking the current writers and bringing in some new creative blood. I also think they should move production out of Vancouver so we don't have alien worlds that all look like the forests around Vancouver.

There was a post last night on one of the threads complaining about SGA's cancellation that stated the current PTB would rather see the franchise sink than allow someone else to write/direct/produce any new shows. I think this is bang on. Most importantly, I think Robert Cooper needs to go simply for being the man responsible for creating Ark of Truth. There have been some far fetched plot lines in this franchise through the years but a box that makes people believe what you want them to believe is a slap in the face reasonable, rational-thinking fans. Brad Wright needs to go just because he did not step in and stop that ridiculious storyline from happening. There had to be a better way to wrap up the Ori storyline.

As for the other writers and directors, Mallozzi included, I can forgive them as I think their writing style and ideas have been crushed by the wishes of a crazy, power-hungry, megalomanical duo in Cooper and Wright.

Comment

Basicly, it needs a better name
                    but other than that, sounds pretty good =)

Comment

perhaps in a way SGA was an experiment to see how far this franchise could go on after SG-SG1.amazingly,it did very well.TPTB/MGM must be wrecking with guilt now for canceling the show.i just don't understand why they would suddenly pull the plug on SGA.they could have rewritten story lines,made new changes to fit fans requests and brought back main characters they killed off.it's simple as that.it's science fiction for God's sake.SGA had potential for more seasons.there is no need to create a new franchise.they should have seen the warning signs coming right after Season 3 and taken steps to avoid making mistakes in seasons 4 and 5 respectively.they thought they could clear the mess up in season 5 but unexpected circumstances sealed the doom of SGA(im referring to TH turning down the offer to reprise her character in Season 5).apparently,they wanted to continue the Weir storyline in season 5 making that the essence of season 5.

but on the same note,perhaps we might see the same casts brought back for SGU(i really really hope)..afterall,we had all the four main characters of previous SG-SG1 appear in SGA .perhaps taking stargate universe literally to mean exploring new galaxies and new worlds with new enemies could be interesting.but something tells me,we will have the same writers who wrote for SGA involvednow,if only they can bring back weir and carson..again..

Comment

You would keep Mallozzi, but get rid of Brad Wright? That's just crazy talk. Brad Wright is responsible for some of the best Stargate episodes ever.
                        Moving out of Vancouver? Not going to happen. They have facilities and people there who would be hard to replace, even if they hadn't all been working together for as long as they have.

Comment

they could still keep it in Vancouver.the sets there are amazing.im for Mallozi and Brad Wright ..i just hope with SGU,repetition of SGA is avoided..

Comment

Originally posted by 1LostFurling View Post
                            There have been some far fetched plot lines in this franchise through the years but a box that makes people believe what you want them to believe is a slap in the face reasonable, rational-thinking fans.

More far fetched than a 22 foot hoop that sends you to other worlds?
                            It fit nicely into the rest of the show...
                            Bar.
                            e-mail(And msn messenger): [email protected]

Gravity can bind my feet, but it can never bind my imagination...

Comment

I don't think they should do a total reboot, because that would even more alienate long time fans. I remember how much time I needed to get accustomed to Atlantis, because it wasn't SG-1.

First seasons usually start wobbly, it's a great big task to introduce lots of new characters, give them backgrounds, explain some of their motivations, so a few episodes get sacrificed on the altar of character development. Now if it's also a reboot, a series that carries only the name and not the canon, then it will be even more difficult for the old fan base.

On the other hand if they want it accessible for new viewers, jut bring in a lot of hot chicks, let the main male character Kirk every other episode, lots of allusions on possible romances, and at some point let two characters keep their relationship in secret for half the season.
                              sigpic

Comment

There was a bit of speculation i read somewhere that if you had the right 9 chevron address for the "exploration ship", you could gate there from anywhere, without a ZPM(It would send you gate-to-gate A-la Midway). In that way, SG:U could use an Ancient Cityship with a gateroom very similar to the Atlantis gateroom, and they could gate there from the SGC.
                                So there is a possibility to keep the new show grounded in the SGC(And hence, to add a bit more of the "Here and now" that SG:1 had), but also include a lot of the best parts of Atlantis(The ancient tech and settings.).
                                Bar.
                                e-mail(And msn messenger): [email protected]

Gravity can bind my feet, but it can never bind my imagination...

Comment

Working...
                                X