Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dragen View Post
    They've been pitching it for 2 weeks now. What's the scoop?
    There's a kind of indirect follow-up to the status of this: It comes from Michael Shanks at the Burbank Creation Con. He said that Brad Wright pitched the third Stargate SG-1 movie to MGM, but can't go forward on the script because of the Writers Guild of America strike. Both Wright and Robert C. Cooper are affected by the strike.

This would prevent them from writing any scripts at all, but not from continuing their producer functions. So, as it stands, they'd have to wait until after the strike is settled to write any scripts (including SGU), or have someone else write the scripts who is not affected by the strike, like a writer who is with the Writers Guild of Canada, or such.

See this report at: http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=1035

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
      Did what? Make gates...lol, I didn't even know.
      Season 3 finale I am pretty sure that wasn't a standard gate.

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis View Post
        How than do you explain the following. In the episode the fifth race an Asgard told O'Neill about the 4 great races that formed an alliance. The Asgard knew the Ancients. In that scene the asgard said : Understand this. Once there was an alliance between 4 races The Asgard, The Nox (O'Neill : met them), The Furlings (O'Neill : don't know them) and the Ancients - the builders of the stargates.
        O'Neill : It is a pretty heavy group

The Asgard knew the Ancients and they refer the Ancients as the builders of the stargates. I think it is a fact that there are no other people that build the stargates. Of course other races use those stargates like the goau'ld and we do.
        They invented the stargate but that doesn't mean that no other race could make them. In fact we saw that the Tollans were able to make one with some help from the Nox who apparantly were part of the alliance. It's highly possible that the ancients shared that piece of technology with their allies.

Comment

One thing I really hope about Stargate: Universe is that it keeps a strong connection with Stargate SG-1 in the way that Stargate: Atlantis does with trips to and from Earth and appearances from regular characters (Jack, Teal'c, etc.) and irregular characters (Woolsey, Harriman, etc.).

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

TPTB have said that it won't, they're going to make an effort to keep it a lot more separated to SG-1 than Atlantis has been.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              TPTB have said that it won't, they're going to make an effort to keep it a lot more separated to SG-1 than Atlantis has been.
              If they can get there via Prometheus or the like, it wouldn't be that separated IMHO...
              http://www.scirev.net/ - My Dr Who fanfics, many crossing over with Stargate & Sliders
              sigpic
              My fics at my site
              Other fanfics on fanfiction.net --includes a new SGU/Space:1999 crossover, as well as the Dalek Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by scirev View Post
                If they can get there via Prometheus or the like, it wouldn't be that separated IMHO...
                Exactly! As long as travel through the Stargate continues from the SGC and all of Stargate: Universes' characters are from Earth, there will always be some sort of connection.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                  Exactly! As long as travel through the Stargate continues from the SGC and all of Stargate: Universes' characters are from Earth, there will always be some sort of connection.
                  All of this will be speculation until we get to know....
                  http://www.scirev.net/ - My Dr Who fanfics, many crossing over with Stargate & Sliders
                  sigpic
                  My fics at my site
                  Other fanfics on fanfiction.net --includes a new SGU/Space:1999 crossover, as well as the Dalek Stargate

Comment

All of this will be speculation until we get to know....
                    Oh absolutely this is all speculation. But I think its the best kind of speculation when its based on what TPTB have done in the past. They may totally surprise us and not have it have anything to do with Earth at all...but, IMHO, I can't see that happening...although...I have been wrong before and this may very well be another of those times.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeKayP View Post
                      There's a kind of indirect follow-up to the status of this: It comes from Michael Shanks at the Burbank Creation Con. He said that Brad Wright pitched the third Stargate SG-1 movie to MGM, but can't go forward on the script because of the Writers Guild of America strike. Both Wright and Robert C. Cooper are affected by the strike.

This would prevent them from writing any scripts at all, but not from continuing their producer functions. So, as it stands, they'd have to wait until after the strike is settled to write any scripts (including SGU), or have someone else write the scripts who is not affected by the strike, like a writer who is with the Writers Guild of Canada, or such.

See this report at: http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=1035
                      Uh, the WGA strike doesnt stop them from pitching SGU, and leaking the details they have. Like general outline, which they had a year ago when they announced the thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                        Oh absolutely this is all speculation. But I think its the best kind of speculation when its based on what TPTB have done in the past. They may totally surprise us and not have it have anything to do with Earth at all...but, IMHO, I can't see that happening...although...I have been wrong before and this may very well be another of those times.
                        It's fun to speculate... currently I'm enjoying how previous fan speculation for the upcoming Doctor Who season turned out to be wrong due to the return of a popular character many thought would not return... it was fans who found out when they saw the on location filming and they took photos.. great stuff.
                        sigpic
                        My fics at my site

Comment

what about having annother one-way trip like done with atlantis, but much further away,needing a 9th chevron and the only way back would be to find a fully charged zpm[due to the massive powerconsumption ]

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                            what about having annother one-way trip like done with atlantis, but much further away,needing a 9th chevron and the only way back would be to find a fully charged zpm[due to the massive powerconsumption ]
                            Only if it's a type 1 parallel universe which is essentially just another universe separated from ours by a massive amount of space.. otherwise it's more of the same.
                            sigpic
                            My fics at my site

Comment

Originally posted by Dragen View Post
                              Uh, the WGA strike doesnt stop them from pitching SGU, and leaking the details they have. Like general outline, which they had a year ago when they announced the thing.
                              The strike, however, might make the pitch a moot point. You can pitch all you want, but if no one's going to write it, then it might as well not be mentioned as a possibility at all.

ETA: Additionally, this pitch was "revised", according to Joe Mallozzi in his blog. So, with the delay due to the strike (which some have said could last for several months), it is possible that they'll have to revise it again, depending on how things work out. Key people might not be available any more after the strike is said and done.

Comment

Only if it's a type 1 parallel universe which is essentially just another universe separated from ours by a massive amount of space.. otherwise it's more of the same.
                                does it not then become a multi-verse ? you cannot have 2 UNIverses

Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                                Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                                Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                                Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X