Disappointed with the Arc of Truth? Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
    at least you didn't like the Ori story line. It's worse for me, because I liked S9 and S10. To be honest these two seasons were the best and I really enjoyed them more than the "old" SG-1 (S1 -> S8). I had high expectations for AoT but it turned into a lame movie full of plot-holes
    I'm with you. I liked seasons 9 and 10 better than some of the middle seasons, and I thought they 'homaged' too much in AoT and retread the same stuff they'd done in earlier seasons. With so much potential and speculation, we were bound to see something different than what each of us imagined, but I just took it as a mediocre two parter episode.

It makes me even more afraid for Continuum, because I'm already worried it'll be a Mobius rip off. And people keep trying to reassure me that it'll be spectacular because Jack will be there. Well, if it's the Jack of the later seasons, who acts dumb as a brick, dull, and like a Homer Simpson clone, that'd do nothing for me either.

I just can't believe the wasted potential of AoT, though. Some of us actually are more interested in seeing an ascended being fight rather than the same old replicators again.
    sigpic
    sig by kidwizz

Comment

Originally posted by partly cloudy skies View Post
      It makes me even more afraid for Continuum, because I'm already worried it'll be a Mobius rip off. And people keep trying to reassure me that it'll be spectacular because Jack will be there. Well, if it's the Jack of the later seasons, who acts dumb as a brick, dull, and like a Homer Simpson clone, that'd do nothing for me either.
      I didn't watch SG-1 for JAck. To be honest, I didn't like his "jokes". I watch SG-1 for a stories, etc. I doubt I'll like Continuum, because I don't time-travel episodes presented in SG-1 (there's always big red reset button in the end.
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

I loved season 1-8 but hated season 9 and 10.

I haven't seen the movie but I just wanted to point out about the 7 million budget.

AoT had a 7 million dollar budget.

The original Stargate movie had a 35 million dollar budget...that figure is from gateworld source.

The original stargate was over 10 years ago...if that movie were made with todays dollar it would be even higher due to inflation.

7 million dollars is the average "B" movie budget...some of the B movies are even higher.

The first movie had many, many drafts of script writing. (all major movies do)

the DVD movie was drafted in a month.

To MGM, 7 million is pocket change. I can imagine what the movie could have been if they had given them even half of the original movie's budget. 17 million.

Then again with tptb, I would expect 10 million dollars worth of special effects to be added and no substance to the rest.
        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

That's the problem, without a good script, special effects can't save anything.
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

You've never seen Lord Of The Rings I take it?

Comment

Originally posted by david2708 View Post
              it shows just how past it the people who write the show are. The movie reeks of the staleness that plagued the latter seasons. It's such a pity that a talented topnotch cast are beholden to a bunch of people who really should have moved on years ago
              Imma watch it tonight, and I expect to come back and reduce your post to a pile of steaming flotsam with my positive review..unless, like, it sucks or something...

Open-minded Chrisisall
              Late to the Gate

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                You've never seen Lord Of The Rings I take it?
                What is you meanin', Jenks?

The Doctor and the Wild Man Thread... Keeping the dream alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypochondriac View Post
                  Why couldn't we? At the least show us what happened after it went off. The reaction of the Orici and other Priors to their Gods disappearing. Why the Ori didn't destroy it the nanosecond it appeared in their galaxy, stuff like that
                  Why do you think the producers and writers would do stuff like that?
                  The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by fuchsia View Post
                    What is you meanin', Jenks?
                    An example of a movie that covered up a rather 'meh' script with lots of eye candy.

Comment

I rather liked AoT but my only complaint is that there was not a huge space battle in the hole movie. They had for once the budget and a reason to use ancient weapons platform in antartica and they didn't use it. And the oddessy has asgard plasma weapons and they didn't even turn them on. But Except for this I found it an enjoyable movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisisall View Post
                        Imma watch it tonight, and I expect to come back and reduce your post to a pile of steaming flotsam with my positive review..unless, like, it sucks or something...

Open-minded Chrisisall
                        Depends on what sort of Stargate fan/ Gateworld member you are.
                        There are those who dare to criticize something in stargate and are told by other members that they must therefore hate ALL stargate, and we get the why are you on this site routine.
                        Another fangroup have every Stargate episode-no matter the quality-with a review rating of 9.7 to begin with. Once watched,the review rating can only go up from there-never down.
                        Hope you enjoy AOT!

Comment

Depends on what sort of Stargate fan/ Gateworld member you are.
                          There are those who dare to criticize something in stargate and are told by other members that they must therefore hate ALL stargate, and we get the why are you on this site routine.
                          Another fangroup have every Stargate episode-no matter the quality-with a review rating of 9.7 to begin with. Once watched,the review rating can only go up from there-never down.
                          Hope you enjoy AOT!
                          I like your outlook. I may have disagreements with others opinions on the show or movies but I would never dare to say what they must or should think. I hate when people do that.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

In the end, why was it any surprise the movie was a pretty humdrum affair-at least for those in this thread.
                            The same tired old lot who gave us the latter years(not the actors) gave us the film.
                            Like suddenly they were suppose to find a creative spark after it had well and truley gone-probably around year 5 of the show?

And now, who really believes Continuum will be any different?

Comment

In the end, why was it any surprise the movie was a pretty humdrum affair-at least for those in this thread.
                              The same tired old lot who gave us the latter years(not the actors) gave us the film.
                              Like suddenly they were suppose to find a creative spark after it had well and truley gone-probably around year 5 of the show?

And now, who really believes Continuum will be any different?
                              Err..actually I do. Or at least I hope , simply because B. Wright wrote it and he's my favourite writer. Plus I kind of like time-travel stories, they are pure fun.
                              I guess it's easier for me, 'cos I hated seasons 9-10 and didn't have any high hopes for the AoT. I watched it, because I still watch everything to do with SG-1 - force of habit, I guess. Still, it managed to disappoint me despite my non-existent expectations..well done, RCC.
                              I agree with most what you guys have said, so I won't repeat it. I must say however, that I liked those mountain shots in the beginning and with Teal'c - at least till my friends, who were watching with me, started to shout: "Frodo, Frodo..!"
                              As for the Replicators..and I'll never understand writers' infatuation with them..you'd think Sam or anybody else for that matter would have at least thought to close the door to the room where the Replicator was, before lowering the shield..
                              There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                              sigpic
                              awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by col aga View Post
                                Err..actually I do. Or at least I hope , simply because B. Wright wrote it and he's my favourite writer. Plus I kind of like time-travel stories, they are pure fun.
                                I guess it's easier for me, 'cos I hated seasons 9-10 and didn't have any high hopes for the AoT. I watched it, because I still watch everything to do with SG-1 - force of habit, I guess. Still, it managed to disappoint me despite my non-existent expectations..well done, RCC.
                                I agree with most what you guys have said, so I won't repeat it. I must say however, that I liked those mountain shots in the beginning and with Teal'c - at least till my friends, who were watching with me, started to shout: "Frodo, Frodo..!"
                                As for the Replicators..and I'll never understand writers' infatuation with them..you'd think Sam or anybody else for that matter would have at least thought to close the door to the room where the Replicator was, before lowering the shield..
                                But if they closed the door then they would have to cut out half of the movie. And then think of something else to do. You can't expect them to do that.
                                Last edited by jasminaGo; 13 March 2008, 05:41 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X