Disappointed with the Arc of Truth? Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by What? View Post
    Why oh WHY are you surposed FANS of stargate flaming this movie! Just be glad that there was more stargate SG:1, cus i certainly missed Teal'c, Vala, jackson, carter and mitchell! You people saying the story was ruined because
    Brillant. You're cannon fodder.

There's one reason though, why they didn't cram the Arc and else in SG-1, it's that the show was suddenly canceled near the end of the tenth season (they say), so they got caught pants down.

I'd rather have a book completing this season, and have plenty of crusty details and so, than such a poor movie.
    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
      Brillant. You're cannon fodder.

There's one reason though, why they didn't cram the Arc and else in SG-1, it's that the show was suddenly canceled near the end of the tenth season (they say), so they got caught pants down.

I'd rather have a book completing this season, and have plenty of crusty details and so, than such a poor movie.
      I agree. Book will do a better work than this crappy movie with plot-holes
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

I've been reaing an interview with RCC whe he talked about AoT a I found this:

What's interesting to me, and what we're going to also explore in the movie, is that the Ancients have always had this non-interference policy. They've been sort of these bystanders watching their experiment develop. And the Ancients are the ones being threatened by the Ori.

did I miss something in AoT?
        Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post

Deleted scenes we'll never see.
          This time... it's war!

Comment

I thought the movie was good. Vala was the real problem for me. She adds nothing.

Comment

No, that's about the scene with Alterans' big plans for the universe, plotting in a cave before they leave the mountain. Notice how their civilization amounted to one village stuck on the cliff of some mountain, not too far from Celestis.
              You can feel teh ePic.
              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Hypochondriac View Post
                I was severely disappointed with the Arc of Truth.

The replicators did not belong in that movie. It was idiotic, they should have had a battle for earth as the B storyline.

The hand to hand with the replicator human thing was also idiotic and too long. I thought the mountain scene with Teal'c was too long as well.

I really wanted to see the effect the Sangral(sp?) had on the Ori and the society, when they found out what happened.

I really hope the next movie was be better. I alway hate time travel but let's see
                Here is my review of AOT:

It sucked.

The end.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                  No one's mentioned the ending yet? Did the trauma of it just make you block it out?

The idea that the entire intergalactic Ori army is defeated by 1 guy looking into a magic box is so beyond stupid and so beyond hack writing that even calling it a dues ex machina would be elevating it higher than it deserves to be.

I mean seriously, a ****ing magic box. That's the big wrap up.

It cost no doubt millions of dollars to make this. Just let that sink in for a minute. Millions of dollars.
                  Arthur C Clarke:

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

So it is fitting that you describe the arc of truth as a "magic box", because that is how it strikes our primitive minds. In reality, it is an extremely complicated and scientifically advanced apparatus that look like magic to us because it is too advanced for us to comprehend.

Comment

I too was not pleased with The Arc of Truth. The Replicator part of the plot was stupid. The Ark idea was weak and underdeveloped. I was hoping the plot would involve the Ancients deciding to draw the line and fight, and that Stargate Command would begin to exploit the recently acquired Asgard Core. (You know, solve the tracking problem revealed in the last episode of Season 10, figure out how to use SOME OF THE VAST KNOWLEDGE OF THE ASGARD to kick some Ori butt), and generally bring havoc and fear to the smug Ori Priors and followers while in the process of finding and using the Ark.

It was a missed opportunity. They could have opened up some new story lines for future SG-1 movies, or future Atlantis episodes leveraging Asgard technology against the Wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark9 View Post
                      I too was not pleased with The Arc of Truth. The Replicator part of the plot was stupid. The Ark idea was weak and underdeveloped. I was hoping the plot would involve the Ancients deciding to draw the line and fight, and that Stargate Command would begin to exploit the recently acquired Asgard Core. (You know, solve the tracking problem revealed in the last episode of Season 10, figure out how to use SOME OF THE VAST KNOWLEDGE OF THE ASGARD to kick some Ori butt), and generally bring havoc and fear to the smug Ori Priors and followers while in the process of finding and using the Ark.

It was a missed opportunity. They could have opened up some new story lines for future SG-1 movies, or future Atlantis episodes leveraging Asgard technology against the Wraith.
                      Haven't you been watching season 4?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        Haven't you been watching season 4?
                        I have been traveling and have the last 4 episodes to catch up on this weekend, but please "Spoil Me" and tell me what has been done in Season 4 Atlantis regarding leveraging the Asgard Core?

Comment

IMO the movie was great, BUT the replicators did make it good (sorta), but when adria said the ori was killed they didnt flashback to when the sangraal went off and you ACTUALLY SAW the ori getting killed. Plus the movie was very short. AND the biggest disappointment was that we DIDNT SEE THE ODYSSEY USE THERE BEAM WEAPONS!!!!!!!! 8/10 for my rating.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                            No one's mentioned the ending yet? Did the trauma of it just make you block it out?

The idea that the entire intergalactic Ori army is defeated by 1 guy looking into a magic box is so beyond stupid and so beyond hack writing that even calling it a dues ex machina would be elevating it higher than it deserves to be.

I mean seriously, a ****ing magic box. That's the big wrap up.

It cost no doubt millions of dollars to make this. Just let that sink in for a minute. Millions of dollars.
                            we can't really expect writing like Babylon 5. Stargate is always about finding miraculous weapon/device/whatever which can defeat ancient race in matter of seconds. Such a shame Dakara device against the replicators was a great idea, but this magic box was something incredibly lame and stupid beyond imagination and sangraal?.
                            Spoiler:
                            It was a nice idea but the execution was too simple. We sent device and on the other side of wormhole very powerful ascended beings didn't notice that something was happening lazy writing

And to top it off, the head Prior who looked into the box did not even have his staff in his hand! If I understood the storyline correctly, it was because of the link of every staff to every prior within a certain distance that the message would be spread. I didn't expect much from this movie and resigned myself to just try appreciate that we at least got another episode, but IT WAS WORSE THAN EVEN MY LOW EXPECTATIONS! Not one surprise anywhere in the movie. Everything predictable except the stuff that was totally stupid. Anybody watching would know
                            Spoiler:
                            the replicators would stop just prior to killing anyone at the very last moment. At least let me get caught up enough to be surprised at how they're saved. Same ol' same ol'. And what the heck was up with the Jason and the Argonauts replicator skeleton???
                            Talk about doing something just because the producer/director thought it would be cool to do but made NO SENSE WHATSOEVER in the storyline. And I love the replicators and I liked seeing them brought back into the story. I even liked the premise of how and why they were brought back. But come on. There were more holes in the plot than I would ever have thought the writers and producers of Stargate would allow. What made Seasons 1-7 great was the attention to detail and continuity. Even when you think "oh, they missed that or got it wrong", if you really thought about it, there was a reason for every plot device that played into a previous storyline. This movie could not even be considered anywhere near the quality of a Season 1-7 season ending cliffhanger "movie".
                            sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Originally posted by What? View Post
                              ...The story is great, also it is probally Ben Browder's BEST performance he has ever made, Cam Mitchell really stood out in this film and has rightfully taken his place as leader of SG:1, the emotional scenes were very well writen and acted. ...
                              If you thought that was good acting, you should rent or buy the Farscape dvds. That man can act. The same is true for Claudia Black. Those two can whip up sincere looking tears and facial emotions out of thin air! Farscape is mega fun, adverturous, and eye candy, but be warned, the plot has lots of turns that don't necessarily keep it's continuity but it's worth every minute. And as I said, the acting is SUPERB!
                              sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Not in the slightest. I thought the IOA-replicator bit was brilliant. It was a genuinely shocking moment.

And the Teal'c/Tomin chat was as good a character moment as any they've written in as long as I can remember.

Great movie.
                                Theoretically spoilerish:
                                Spoiler:
                                Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Working...
                                X