ARK OF TRUTH Soundtrack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FJKDKLA4^%$##FKJLFRS.

So...you can download samples of some of the scores from that link, and listen to the same samples here:

http://freeclyde.com/music/sg_aot.html

I just listened to them, and I think I may have died and gone to heaven just now.

Seriously.

My God.

I can just cry now, really. The crisp quality + headphones + really high volume = best thing EVAR?

April 18, 2008. Gotta mark that down...everywhere.

Comment

Thanks for the head's up. I didn't think to check the site since so much information was already posted.

Comment

It's a score worthy of the name Goldsmith. So much better than even mainstream film scores to come out in the last two years.

EDIT: I'm really surprised Varese Sarabande isn't the CD label, since they previously released the soundtracks to Stargate: Atlantis and Stargate: The Deluxe Edition
        Last edited by Drax; 02 April 2008, 08:14 PM.
        This time... it's war!

Comment

It's not uncommon for a TV/movie franchise to have multiple music studios release the various soundtracks.

Comment

The contract must have expired, Daniel Jackson.
            This time... it's war!

Comment

http://buysoundtrax.stores.yahoo.net/starkoftrors.html

ARK OF TRUTH soundtrack

Freeclyde Music presents the original soundtrack for the made-for-dvd
              release of STARGATE: THE ARK OF TRUTH Starring Ben Browder, Amanda
              Tapping, Michael Shanks, Christopher Judge and Claudia Black, with
              original music by Joel Goldsmith.

In THE ARK OF TRUTH, SG-1 searches for an ancient weapon which could
              help them defeat the Ori, and discover it may be in the Ori's own
              home galaxy. As the Ori prepare to send ships through to the Milky
              Way to attack Earth, SG-1 travels to the Ori galaxy aboard the
              Odyssey. The International Oversight committee has their own plans
              and SG-1 finds themselves in a distant galaxy fighting two powerful
              enemies.

Recorded live with the Seattle Northwest Sinfonia, this CD
              underscores the conclusion of SG-1's struggle with the Ori, as well
              as its ongoing battle with the Replicators. Along with this epic
              score is a 16-page full-color booklet that includes articles by
              Robert C. Cooper, Brad Wright, and Joel Goldsmith. Stargate Fans will
              be thrilled by the original artwork designed by the FreeClyde team
              and exclusive photography from the film. We hope you will enjoy this
              long overdue Stargate SG-1 soundtrack release.

FULL DETAILS AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Has it? Let's look back at all soundtracks currently available (and the upcoming SG:TAoT) in the order in which they were released.

Stargate: Milan Records
                Stargate SG-1: Milan Records
                The Best of Stargate SG-1 Season 1: Gnp Crescendo
                Stargate: Atlantis: Varese Sarabande
                Stargate (Deluxe Edition): Varese Sarabande
                Stargate: The Ark of Truth: BSX Records

It seems that who gets to release the new soundtrack is on a CD-by-CD basis.

Comment

Wow. This OST will be cool. I love the Ori theme in Decision at 00:29-00:35, which was used in Avalon, when they began to burn Vala alive.
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

NICE!
                    Ordered.
                    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I'll pick a copy up later this month after payday but I'm really excited for it.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                        Has it? Let's look back at all soundtracks currently available (and the upcoming SG:TAoT) in the order in which they were released.

Stargate: Milan Records
                        Stargate SG-1: Milan Records
                        The Best of Stargate SG-1 Season 1: Gnp Crescendo
                        Stargate: Atlantis: Varese Sarabande
                        Stargate (Deluxe Edition): Varese Sarabande
                        Stargate: The Ark of Truth: BSX Records

It seems that who gets to release the new soundtrack is on a CD-by-CD basis.
                        Except the two Varese ones, Daniel Jackson.
                        This time... it's war!

Comment

Per scifi.com's scifi wire, the soundtrack comes out April 18th!! Pre-orders are also being taken for it. I'm buying it.
                          sigpic

Jaffa Kree!

Comment

i've looked on amazon and barnes and noble but haven't seen it listed

Comment

Pre-order it here:

http://freeclyde.com/music/sg_aot.html

Comment

The first 100 pre-orders will be autographed. Gee 100? I bet that happened before noon. Oh well.....

Comment

Working...
                                X