Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuum was awesome! such a great movie.

Comment

Well, I am little confused about the picture in the end. Shouldn't Mitchell be able to recognise himself?
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Hmmm, I think this post fits here. If not, please excuse me...

I'm very excited that I ordered the DVD online yesterday. I can't wait for it to arrive so I can see it! I apparently saw bits of it on the SyFy network at some point, because I definitely remember some little bits of it, but I haven't seen the whole thing.
        Signature by Glitch33.
        sigpic
        Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

Be sure to come back here and post your likes and dislikes after you've watched it
          sigpic
          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

So does anyone have the DVD sale numbers for Continuum?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
              Be sure to come back here and post your likes and dislikes after you've watched it
              Will do! I am hoping the DVD will arrive by Friday so I can watch it after I take my comprehensive exams... That is probably just wishful thinking, though. I can't wait to watch it.
              Signature by Glitch33.
              sigpic
              Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

Ian Z. writes: “

In Continuum I think. Carter says (off the cuff) something about a Moon base. Was this ad-lib? Or did you guys really mean to portray that there is a moon base and/or it is wanted to come up at some point down the road?”

Answer: It was scripted. And, yeah, it may come in the (hopefully) not too distant future.
                http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...d-the-mailbag/
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Am I remembering incorrectly a mention of the Hammond in orbit around earth and re-fueling or something at the moonbase? It's so clear in my head but I have no idea where I heard it. Maybe I read it somewhere.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

I was very excited to come home today and find Continuum in my mailbox! I enjoyed the movie thoroughly, though I was a bit disappointed that Ba'al wasn't in more of it. It was nice to see a longer, more in-depth feature about our favorite guys. The special effects were pretty neat and I thought the storyline was pretty nicely done. I particularly thought it was a nice touch to see how SG-1 had to work to fit into their lives in the new timeline and how it was hard for them. There is never time for that sort of stuff in the episodes, so it was great to see a bit of it in the movie. I also thought Jackson calling himself to encourage him was a nice scene.

I would have liked a bit more development about how Ba'al had managed to consolidate all that power and how he hooked up with Ketesh, though. Still, a great movie and one I will enjoy watching repeatedly.
                    Signature by Glitch33.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                      Well, I am little confused about the picture in the end. Shouldn't Mitchell be able to recognise himself?
                      He probably just thought it was a relative of his that looked a lot like him, I mean his grandfather looked exactly like him too, so it wouldn't be that hard for him to write it off as a family resemblance.

Perfecto!

Comment

Finally got around to buying and watching the movie last week
                        Sad to say I was sorely disappointed; I liked the extraction scenes and the scenes on the mothership (go Katesh!) but really the whole movie was just too light-hearted, cliche, and too already-been-done.

I feel like time travel and alternate realities have been DONE TO DEATH by Stargate!!

Comment

I enjoyed it, but I admit I'm a bit sick of alternate reality and time travel too. Still, it was pretty good given those premises, except stretched a bit in places. The questioning scene with the split screen was yawn-inducing, and they took too long to tell them they couldn't have any contact with each other etc. Just IMO.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                            I enjoyed it, but I admit I'm a bit sick of alternate reality and time travel too. Still, it was pretty good given those premises, except stretched a bit in places. The questioning scene with the split screen was yawn-inducing, and they took too long to tell them they couldn't have any contact with each other etc. Just IMO.
                            I much preferred the slower pacing of the film as it gave time to explore situations with greater depth. What you call boring, I call drama. In regards to alternate realities and time travel... We don't see an alternate reality, but rather an alternate timeline that was created by Ba'al and eliminated by Mitchell. Has time travel been over used by Stargate? Not really...

SG-1 Time Travel Episodes
                            2-21 "1969"
                            4-6 "Window of Opportunity"
                            4-16 "2010"
                            8-13 "It's Good to Be King" (timeship found, no time travel)
                            8-19 "Moebius, Part 1"
                            8-20 "Moebius, Part 2"
                            10-20 "Unending" (time dialation - Teal'c ages 50 years)

My only real criticism of the film is that it's too similar to "Moebius."

Comment

I love it! I love it! I love it!

Unlike some, I adore the time-travel, Alternate timeline stories and this one is great. After watching Ark of Truth yesterday, this story was so wonderful. All those system lords and their cameos. General Hammond, the good president, Landry, Siler, Jack...everyone is there!

I'm going to watch tomorrow again! With commentary!

What a great movie! No replicators! No Ori! Just the good old Goa'uld.

Have I mentioned how much I enjoyed this movie?
                              Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

I thought Arc of Truth was a better movie. Also, the music was better in that one (I wish I grabbed one when they were still available ).

I thought the movie was average. Good to see Jack back, and Ba'al, and those system lords we haven't seen in like forever (or in the terms of Stargate Rewatch, months).

I can't think of much more to say. I guess I didn't really like Continuum.

This marks the end of SG-1 as a series.

Friday, Atlantis begins.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X