This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
    But Yu was the least megalomaniac and deceptive of the Goa'uld. He was taking a huge risk in going against Anubis and Baal. He was fighting Baal to the end. Apophis on the other hand has shown the willingness to at least feign loyalty to get what he wants.
    Yu was also senile.
    I suppose Apophis simply thought he had a chance of winning, or he knew that Ba'al in his infinite wisdom would kill him the first chance he got so fighting to the bitter end was the best choice. Ba'al would have had to find ways to get rid of his most pernicious potential enemies, like Apophis and Anubis [Ancients know how, no doubt literally] and Qetesh [though we know how that one turned out].

Speaking of Qetesh... Wasn't Ba'al's mistake with Vala adding Qetesh to the mix? He could control Teal'c easy enough with the Jaffa freedom dangling carrot but Vala would have been happily working as his covert ops thief or whatever. Qetesh was the mistake in the mix. Well, obviously.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

i agree he should have killed her or something keeping Qetesh at his side was a bit dangeres. when i saw that he had tampered with time and Qetesh was at his side i know it wouldn't end well because from the show even though i didn't see all of it before i saw the movie i got enough about what she was like to know that she isn't one to be nice unless she gets something and that she will kill to get what she wants. so i think that having him by his side no matter why he did it was a bad idea
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
        Great movie!

I actually liked this more than Ark of Truth...

It really did remind me of just about every season of the show.
        Finally, the movie arrived and we saw Continuum last night. I agree with Shan Bruce Lee that I liked it more than AoT. I didn't expect to since I didn't care for AoT and worried that Continuum would follow suit and be a disappointment. But it wasn't at all.

First, seeing so many of the original cast was delightful!!! It was like Old Home week! While some of the characters were briefly presented, I did like the way they brought in bits and pieces of so many of the original show's ideas... I was reminded of many of the episodes and I am a big fan of time travel episodes!

I thought the focus on 'life off base' for Sam, Daniel and Cam was a really nice touch. It was really fascinating to see how each of them had been seen or not (in Cam's case) in that alternate reality.

I was not at all bored (which sadly, AoT did for me) from beginning to end.
        I hope this is not the end of D2DVD for SG1.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by raduzhok View Post
          I hope this is not the end of D2DVD for SG1.
          Actually, in a way, I hope it is. I think Continuum (and to a lesser degree, AoT) have proved that SG-1 has definite big screen potential. I know a lot of fans have said they wish Continuum had actually been released in cinemas, but I don't think it's quite there yet. But I do think it functions brilliantly as a trial run or proof that it can work.

I want more SG-1, and I'll be happy with more D2DVD films - but maybe it's time now for the often suggested Feature Film? As long as it actually features the Stargate a lot.
          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
          sigpic
          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I'd love to see an SG-1 movie released on the big screen but it all comes down to money and how little the studio can put into it to get a bigger return . . .
            sigpic
            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
              I'd love to see an SG-1 movie released on the big screen but it all comes down to money and how little the studio can put into it to get a bigger return . . .

I'd like to think that if the DVDs do really well it may happen, but if it does I hope the story is bloody good or I won't go.
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I just saw this. I quite liked it as a bit of mindless fun but the end was very abrupt. I was just feeling like we getting into the meat of things at the 70 minute arc when I looked down to see that there was only 20 minutes later. The resolution was, meet teal'c, find time machine, we win.

Teal'c and Vala pretty much got shafted into the background. Jack got killed by a tiny jab to the shoulder (no way that looked lethal) and team seemed to get over this near instantly.

Plus the bizarro random people disappearing due to time travel change, it really shouldn't work that way.

I though he best bit of the movie was from the begining right up to were Davis says hello to Cameron. It starts going down hill from there.
                Last edited by Crazedwraith; 02 December 2008, 12:08 PM.
                sigpic
                Banner By JME2

Comment

I think that 'tiny jab to the shoulder' was, in fact, a long needle made of alien metal piercing his heart.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Pah. It certainly didn't look that way to me.
                    sigpic
                    Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
                      I just saw this. I quite liked it as a bit of mindless fun but the end was very abrupt. I was just feeling like we getting into the meat of things at the 70 minute arc when I looked down to see that there was only 20 minutes later. The resolution was, meet teal'c, find time machine, we win.

Teal'c and Vala pretty much got shafted into the background. Jack got killed by a tiny jab to the shoulder (no way that looked lethal) and team seemed to get over this near instantly.

Plus the bizarro random people disappearing due to time travel change, it really shouldn't work that way.

I though he best bit of the movie was from the begining right up to were Davis says hello to Cameron. It starts going down hill from there.
                      I don't know much about stab wounds, but the stab wound that Jack took was probably the weapon hitting him about shoulder level, but it was pointing downards and would likely have hit a major vein or artery, making it a fatal wound. And the weapon was the thing the Tok'ra were going to use to remove the Goa'uld symbiote from Ba'al's host, and that was a rather wicked looking instrument. Ba'al somehow broke loose from his restraints and snatched it just as Jack was approaching him, and two forces coming together from opposite directions create a pretty hefty force.

And the team didn't get over Jack's death quickly. I'm sure they were quite in shock over it, but as with all other situations where they had to act almost instantly to survive, they put their feelings aside until later when the impact could better be absorbed. We never did get to see much of Sam, Daniel or Mitchell during the year they were confined to earth or we might have seen some pretty heavy emotional stuff from at least Sam and Daniel. And, as someone else has pointed out, Daniel was likely feeling really loopy on the submarine from all the painkillers the medics must have filled him full of. So his emotions were pretty dulled at that point.

And while Vala's role may not have been huge in comparison to the others', I thought her role pretty much stole the movie - so totally different from the Vala we saw in the series.

But then we all have our own observations and perceptions of what was there. I quite enjoyed the whole movie and will be seeing it again.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        And the team didn't get over Jack's death quickly. I'm sure they were quite in shock over it, but as with all other situations where they had to act almost instantly to survive, they put their feelings aside until later when the impact could better be absorbed. We never did get to see much of Sam, Daniel or Mitchell during the year they were confined to earth or we might have seen some pretty heavy emotional stuff from at least Sam and Daniel. And, as someone else has pointed out, Daniel was likely feeling really loopy on the submarine from all the painkillers the medics must have filled him full of. So his emotions were pretty dulled at that point.
                        These are all very good point but lets just say I didn't feel the emotion of Jack's death. The effects that we saw were pretty much limited to Carter being blank and not doing anything until asked to and then just giving up in the artic before Jack shows up again.

And while Vala's role may not have been huge in comparison to the others', I thought her role pretty much stole the movie - so totally different from the Vala we saw in the series.
                        Different in that she was pretty much a bog standard Goa'uld.

But then we all have our own observations and perceptions of what was there. I quite enjoyed the whole movie and will be seeing it again.
                        Oh despite my grouching I quite enjoyed the movie. In a mindless entertainment way, its just that as soon as I stop and think about it, it kinda falls apart for me.

In the end I think it succeeds in what the absolutely awful Moebius attempted to be: A really fun romp and swansong to the fans. I mean newcomers aren't going to be sucked in by it; they're not going to squee at finally seeing Major Davis or Cronus or Apophsis once more. Its a film for the fans. Lets face it: Who else will shell out the money?
                        sigpic
                        Banner By JME2

Comment

Different in that she was pretty much a bog standard Goa'uld.
                          Yes and no for me - of all the megalomanical, egomaniacal, plotting, backstabbing (or slicing), parasitic snakes with plans for galactic domination, she was one of the best. And CB seemed to love playing that role I thought.

Oh despite my grouching I quite enjoyed the movie. In a mindless entertainment way, its just that as soon as I stop and think about it, it kinda falls apart for me.
                          Kind of like Journey's End in Doctor Who - completely ridiculous when you stop to think about it, but damn good pure, honest, fun while you're watching it, and frankly, that's all that counts for me nowadays.

In the end I think it succeeds in what the absolutely awful Moebius attempted to be: A really fun romp and swansong to the fans. I mean newcomers aren't going to be sucked in by it; they're not going to squee at finally seeing Major Davis or Cronus or Apophsis once more. Its a film for the fans. Lets face it: Who else will shell out the money?
                          Absolutely agreed. Moebius was a mess to me, and I generally dislike most of Stargate's time travel attempts, but I thoroughly enjoyed Continuum. If TPTB produce more SG-1 films of that calibre, I'll be a very happy fan. If that's the last we see of SG-1, I'll also be quite content (although I'd have been happier if the time travelling shenanigans accidentally erased the events of Unending from history, but hey, it's still good).
                          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                            Yes and no for me - of all the megalomanical, egomaniacal, plotting, backstabbing (or slicing), parasitic snakes with plans for galactic domination, she was one of the best. And CB seemed to love playing that role I thought.
                            Maybe It's simply because I just watched the entire first season of Farscape and are thus comparing it to her stellar performances as Aeryn Sun, but I didn't get that same spark from her.

Kind of like Journey's End in Doctor Who - completely ridiculous when you stop to think about it, but damn good pure, honest, fun while you're watching it, and frankly, that's all that counts for me nowadays.
                            Sadly, I didn't even get that much enjoyment from Journey's End. From the Doctor clone, to Donna's constant technobabble, to the 'push here to kill us' button on a Dalek console.

No. That episode is irredeemable.

Absolutely agreed. Moebius was a mess to me, and I generally dislike most of Stargate's time travel attempts, but I thoroughly enjoyed Continuum. If TPTB produce more SG-1 films of that calibre, I'll be a very happy fan. If that's the last we see of SG-1, I'll also be quite content (although I'd have been happier if the time travelling shenanigans accidentally erased the events of Unending from history, but hey, it's still good).
                            1969, 2010 and Before I Sleep are the good time travel episodes for me. Granted there aren't that many more but....
                            sigpic
                            Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                              I think that 'tiny jab to the shoulder' was, in fact, a long needle made of alien metal piercing his heart.
                              Whether it pierced his heart or not, I don't know. But yeah, I could easily see how that thing could inflict major damage.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                                Yeah, a big screen release would be nice. But, if the DVD movies are the more profitable way to go, I'm fine with those. I just want more SG-1.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X