Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet it'd be pretty weird having Ba'al's host talking to SG-1. Would have been a good scene if there'd been time. Plenty of scope for the writers and Cliff Simon to make the host standout...or make him so annoying or repulsive they almost preferred the parasite.

As for the similarity with Apophis, I can only conclude that 'Bill' is a relatively recent host (last few decades at most), and so a) should be able to survive on his own without a sarcophagus and b) might not be driven irreversibly insane by his time as a host. Might go some way to explain Ba'al's modern approach to everything - and maybe some Goa'uld have a sense of style.

"No, no this host just doesn't go with this outfit. Fetch me another, with a beard and dark hair!"
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

In general we all seem to have liked it. I'm glad. No one's bagged the movie...
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

does anyone else think RDA put on weight? he looked a tad chubby...
        Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
        sigpic

Comment

No I can't say I noticed RDA being "chubby" that much. I did notice how he has quite dramatically aged over the course of the years though. As has Michael Shanks, and Amanda Tapping. She looked a LOT older then she was in the last season of the show.

Comment

I loved this.
            It gets on my nerves when I hear/see people complaining about this.

I loved every moment! The bombardment of Earth was spectacular, the dogfight between the F15E's, the Deathgliders and the MiGs was truly awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by DaedalusCommander View Post
              I loved this.
              Then what are you doing here? You are bound to run into some critism for sure.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I loved this.

I loved every moment! The bombardment of Earth was spectacular, the dogfight between the F15E's, the Deathgliders and the MiGs was truly awesome.

I'm afraid if everybody liked everything that was shown on screen we'd all be meh. and mediocrity would prevail.......

Comment

I loved this.

Smack them . This was perfect!!! I want them to give Shanks an OSCAR for being the first archeologist with no training to smile at all those Gs in the TOP GUN moment. Shame they did not buzz the Tower or shack up with the admiral's daughter .
                  Last edited by Integrabyte; 22 September 2008, 03:18 AM.

Comment

I loved this.

That says more about your intolerance/incapacity to handle criticism than about the movie's 'awesomeness'...

Comment

Stargate: Continuum/Sanctuary - SciFi Talk: Martin Wood Audio Interview:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=146

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                        That says more about your intolerance/incapacity to handle criticism than about the movie's 'awesomeness'...
                        Especially that the scenes only worth watching in the entire movie are the ones with Qetesh...
                        Last edited by TameFarrar; 25 September 2008, 11:21 AM. Reason: signature has been placed in spoiler tags by Moderator

Comment

Enjoyed the movie! Late but enjoyable!

The Good:
                          >Ra!!!! Played by a guy named Jay, too! I didn't realize who it was until I saw the cast list, but they should have prominently displayed the Eye of Ra on his costume. The system lords all in a row was hilarious.
                          >The extraction process. Asgard teleporter influence? That big Gou'ald can't fit through that little needle.
                          >People not willing to give up their lives to 'correct' history. I always wanted to see this situation, nicely done.
                          >It was painful to see Sam, with all the things she can do, forced not to do any of them for the 'rest' of her life. Daniel dealing with his amputation was inspiring; his attempt to give his alt. self some alt. self esteem was inspiring yet sad. The photo on the back of the book was also sad. As for Cam... Daniel lost his leg, Sam lost her usefulness, Cam loses his existence. His parents and family never existed, neither did he. Walking through the house, seeing nothing familiar but the walls... Sad. Conversely, it's ironic that Jack [and Dr Lee and Landry] gains from having the timeline altered. I wonder if Ba'al personally saved Jack's son from accidentally killing himself to keep Jack from becoming, well, our Jack.
                          >Cam. Obviously, whatever storyline Jack would have had in this movie was transferred to Cam, and it does wonders for him in my eyes. He didn't die to save the time line, he lived to save it. Everyone else got bumped off, but he had to live for 10 years knowing that he had only one shot at saving everything. Imagine the stress of that, not to mention trying to live in the past, stay alive in the past... Top that off with not being temporally erased when the timeline corrected itself and having to continue living out his days... Cam: You've earned my respect. I just hope you left instructions for SG-1 after the Ba'al extraction to lead them to the time machine. It's far too dangerous NOT to be found and controlled by Earth.
                          >Ha'taks! Anubis' mothership! Orbital bombardment! Finally!
                          >Ba'al! Stepping through the stargate aboard the Achilles, looking so evil and regal. His plan made sense, especially the way he took control of Teal'c. Unfortunately, his plan to punish/love/whatever Qetesh and Vala was his undoing. Always with the evil woman!
                          >Qetesh! "This world is not enough." The disdain! The corset!
                          >Apophis! "Shol'va!" was worth the whole movie! And those dying words... Brilliant!

The Bad:
                          >What was Jack really doing in this movie? Was RTD not available for a larger role? He should have been the one flying with SG-1 to activate the weapons platform, maybe get killed to let the others get to the Russian stargate, maybe die in the time machine with the others... His role here was wasted. It's always nice to see Jack, but I'd rather not simply have him there for 5 minutes, I want him to DO something.
                          >The 'Ba'al cut in 1/2' cgi looked horribly blurry and fake. I don't know how much money they spent on the cgi, but it looked like a regular episode's effects. Not bad, but not what I'd expect from a 'movie', direct to dvd or otherwise.
                          >How in 3 galaxies did Ba'al get Anubis out of the picture?! AND steal his mothership?!

The Verdict:
                          >I really liked the movie. I hope future movies continue this quality of story and effects, but with more space action! Hopefully, the next movie can deal with them finding the time machine and the consequences of that.
                          Last edited by nx01a; 04 October 2008, 06:56 AM.
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by gateprof View Post
                            Was it me or has the extraction process come along way from Adria's failed attempt in "Dominion"...It looks like the Tok'ra incorperated the Asgard beam technology into the surgery after the success of Caldwell's removal in SGA's "Critical Mass"
                            It did seem that way, though it also harkened to the Matrix when the team removed that Mini sentinel from reeves belly.

I loved the scene in the hangar between Landry and the gang - and the whole question of setting things right and "right" all being relative and not having the right to change reality as it existed at that moment. Good stuff, for me anyway!
                            That is true. harkened to the scene back in season 1 when daniel was in that alternate universe when general oneil and co were doubting him.

Daniel's reaction after he sent Sam and Cam for help!
                            Typical daniel.. But i do wish they would have had one of the others make a quip about how many times he has died (almost or otherwise)... Heck it reminded me of when he was lying there shot to heck back in season 1 ender and he told oneil to make a run for it.

And, there were some other nice touches to the continuity from the series other than seeing all the Goa'uld system lords again - Apophis, Camulus, Ra, Yu, Cronus and Nirrti -- and the name of Langford on the crate of the Stargate.
                            That is true, but i am surprised we did not see Zippy or any of the others we saw (like that other oriental looking chick who came to visit earth back in season 8...

If the middle was packed full of packing peanuts like it was around the edges, wouldn't it have the same effect as being buried?
                            It did not look like there was anything in there..

So thats what a large scale bombardment of earth by the guaould looks like. Good thing they never came in full force before.
                            Yup. But was it me or did it look like they were only bombarding the US

I’m glad that Ba’al’s time travel thing was something believable and that it wasn’t a magical alteration
                            Though i wonder how he found out about the whole 'solar flare time travel' thing.. Also does that "praxis' device exist in our realm?

So do all first primes have a directive to avenge their god’s death or was that a special directive of Ba’al’s since he was concerned something like that may happen?
                            Most likely all do.

There's only one thing in my mind that would have made this one better.
                            Rodney Mckay. A cameo, maybe even a weird refrence.
                            Like:
                            Or any of the other SG2 through # members..

what i half expected him to do was dump baal and the jaffa out the side of the boat, then to get his grandfather to promise to tell no one what happened, and then to jump himself.
                            one way to insure that he doesn't accidentally muck up the timeline
                            True. Unless he dumped them Off screen.. but still his father seeing what he saw will have done something to the time line. Perhaps that is why mitchell got into the SG program.

Near the end of the movie when Earth is being destroyed from orbit, I wanted someone to ask Landry and the President if they were still happy with preserving their time line. Big mistake.
                            I think they did when they talked to SG1 to send them to the praxis planet..

But still, one cannot deny the fact that it was depressing watching him hobble out of the cab, knowing he will probably never see his friends again (and that's especially sad for someone like Daniel who put so much importance in friendship
                            That is true. It does seem like he defines himself more via who he has as friends than the others.. and i did feel sorry for him more than cam or sam.

And rather than going through the other 11 pages and quoting pieces i will stop that here..

My thoughts.
                            Loved the intro but i was wondering why there was no woosley.

The whole Ba'al scene for his symbiot removal was cool, but i would have thought that he would have been in binders or something.. his whole folding his arms over his chest was a little too 'presumptious' to me.

The time travel aspect was well done as was the whole disappearing.

Then the invasion itself... man was that a lot of ships!@

Comment

Is there a copy of the Continuum script somewhere? Not a transcript, but a copy of the actual script or pages from it?
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

If there is, I am interested too .

Comment

Working...
                                X