X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
    It might, who knows?

The thing is that there really is no way of knowing what would make people buy the movie, is there. There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that a cannon relationship between Sam and Jack would have millions of fans excited and lining up to buy it. Same goes for any and all of the many relationships that fans like to see on the show. From my experience for every fan who wants to see a couple get it together there is another that doesn't to cancel them out. Shipping characters on tv shows/films etc has been going on since tv began and before really, if you think of novels etc. Imo when tptb make such relationships cannon it never ends well.

If Tapping/Carter is in the Atlantis movie as well how would that fit in the SG1timeline? Are they still running parallel?
    I have no clue and it's something that wouldn't bother me personally; I wouldn't even think about it. I suspect that's something about which only the hard-core fans would be concerned. I have no data on how many fans would purchase both movies; I wouldn't spend any money on an SGA movie.

I agree that there's no evidence that a S/J scene would cause the sales of the DVD to increase - or decrease for that matter. I'm pretty sure, though, that in reference to what you said, there would be be no logical reason for a romantic scene between Lam and Mitchell, or Sam and Teal'c. A Daniel/Vala romantic scene has the potential to be just as much of a negative thing, or a positive thing, as does a Sam/Jack scene in the larger scope. S/J would be a huge turnoff for you, Daniel/Vala would be a huge turnoff for me. That said, I try to ignore Daniel/Vala and just concentrate on the other things/people I like about Stargate; that works pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
      Yeah that's why the posts&views for pro ship theards equal that for anti ship threads
      I seriously doubt that tptb from any show/movie would take notice of a handful of people repeatedly posting in the same threads on one of many forums. It really doesn't mean anything at all, on-line fandom is a tiny, tiny, tiny portion of the total viewers available.

I suspect that the next movie we get will be an Atlantis one anyway, it would seem only fair. I still don't know where the two fit timewise, is Atlantis now supposed to be ahead of SG1? If so and we get movies for both shows and Tapping/Carter is in both they will need to be very careful to keep things straight!
      sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

I seriously doubt that tptb from any show/movie would take notice of a handful of people repeatedly posting in the same threads on one of many forums. It really doesn't mean anything at all, on-line fandom is a tiny, tiny, tiny portion of the total viewers available.

I suspect that the next movie we get will be an Atlantis one anyway, it would seem only fair. I still don't know where the two fit timewise, is Atlantis now supposed to be ahead of SG1? If so and we get movies for both shows and Tapping/Carter is in both they will need to be very careful to keep things straight!
        Be careful what you wish for! JM wants Carter in the Atlantis movie!

Comment

No difference to me as I was only speaking for myself.
          right

I wouldn't count on that, Sam and Teal'c have a more cannon relationship than S/J,
          LOL

imo and they make a very cute couple. It could be another nice romantic scene between Daniel and Vala. Or even Jack and Sara. Or Mitchell and Lam.
          LOL we haven't seen her in ten years but sure she'll be an important character in the next SG-1 movie

I can't remember when we first started to get some sketchy details about the AOT and Continuum, so I guess it's just a case of wait and see.
          Will we finally see Sam and Jack together as a real couple after 10 years of waiting?

BW: If you think they're together, if you want them to be together then go ahead and imagine them to be together. Having said that there is a scene in the movie script that I'm writing right now for the third Stargate SG-1 movie that is shall we say romantic.
          http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKkIrPJvbkc

he's clearly talking about S/J imo

If Tapping/Carter is in the Atlantis movie as well how would that fit in the SG1timeline? Are they still running parallel?
          it's possible, all depends on her new command which we'll see in EatG

I suspect that the next movie we get will be an Atlantis one anyway, it would seem only fair.
          sure first Atlantis, then SG-1

I still don't know where the two fit timewise, is Atlantis now supposed to be ahead of SG1?
          no I don't think so

If so and we get movies for both shows and Tapping/Carter is in both they will need to be very careful to keep things straight!
          true. she'd only have a minor role in the Atlantis movie imo. we'll know more after EatG

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
          Be careful what you wish for! JM wants Carter in the Atlantis movie!
          he does?
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

[Q

Since we have yet to receive anyone's "Psychic Network" Membership Card. Speaking for General Fandom OR TPTB is not on topic. Even if you have your card it would still not be on topic
            [/QUOTE]

You mean if I PM you a scan of my card I coudl discuss it? *angelic smile*
            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
            Yes, I am!
            sigpic
            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I think it's pretty likely the third SG-1 movie is going to be more of a standalone like Continuum, so it can probably be moved to fit the timeline as necessary. I'm not certain, but I thought Continuum was meant to take place before Carter went to Atlantis, but then was moved timewise to after Search and Rescue in order to provide a reason story-wise for Carter to leave Atlantis when AT chose leave the show. I think that's why Carter was still listed as a Lt. Colonel in the Continuum credits, when with the changed time-line she should have been a full Colonel.

If Carter does end up in both movies, since the SG-1 film will mostly likely be more of a stand-alone than the Atlantis one, I don't think it will be too difficult for the writers to keep the time-line straight, regardless of the order the films are released. They did a good job of it with the first two films and Atlantis seasons 4 and 5.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                I think it's pretty likely the third SG-1 movie is going to be more of a standalone like Continuum, so it can probably be moved to fit the timeline as necessary. I'm not certain, but I thought Continuum was meant to take place before Carter went to Atlantis, but then was moved timewise to after Search and Rescue in order to provide a reason story-wise for Carter to leave Atlantis when AT chose leave the show.
                correct

I think that's why Carter was still listed as a Lt. Colonel in the Continuum credits, when with the changed time-line she should have been a full Colonel.
                yup
                A. loquita writes: “1. Why is it that both Mitchell and Carter are listed as Lt. Colonel in the credits?”

Answer: That was a mistake. They are both full-bird Colonels.
                http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-5-july-reads/

If Carter does end up in both movies, since the SG-1 film will mostly likely be more of a stand-alone than the Atlantis one, I don't think it will be too difficult for the writers to keep the time-line straight, regardless of the order the films are released. They did a good job of it with the first two films and Atlantis seasons 4 and 5.
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

well i like woolsey and i like Amanda .. idc i like them both it would be awosme if they were both in it
                  sigpic

ATLANTIS RULES

Comment

Working...
                  X