Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate: Extinction" (SGA Movie) Pre-Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm... Top secret for now, until this weekend? Anyone else think SciFi and/or MGM are going to be making a big announcement about the movies this weekend then? Maybe the official green light and a production date? That would be nice

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
      Hmm... Top secret for now, until this weekend? Anyone else think SciFi and/or MGM are going to be making a big announcement about the movies this weekend then? Maybe the official green light and a production date? That would be nice
      I doubt it - I'mmore inclined to believe JM is just going to throw it onto his blog. Just another bone...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

SGA Movie Working Title -- Stargate: Extinction?

http://twitpic.com/5asrv

Comment

I wasn’t even aware of it until someone on my blog commented on the working title of the upcoming Stargate Atlantis movie! The news was broken on my dogs’ twitter page!

**snip**

Anyway – yeah. Stargate Extinction. It’s the working title but I kind of like it because a) it’s story appropriate, b) a dynamic title, and most importantly c) not “Dark Gambit”.

Let the wild speculation begin!
          http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-for-a-change/
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Time to change the title of the thread? Maybe to:

"Stargate Extinction" (SGA Movie) Pre-Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread *Spoilers*

Comment

Well bu the new title, i think we can assume it means, quite possibly the extinction of the wraith maybe?
              sigpic
              Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Mmm Stargate Extinction...I don't usually care too much for titles but this one kind of sounds pretty final. I mean its not like they can do a Stargate Extinction 2 is it??

It will probably be awesome but not sounding like 'multiple' SGA movies are in the pipeline. Sounds like they are just going to blow a lot of sh*t up and kill everyone!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateTrek View Post
                  Well bu the new title, i think we can assume it means, quite possibly the extinction of the wraith maybe?

Oh noooo not the Wraith !!! * cries*. Maybe...maybe not .Or maybe everyone dies and Atlantis is destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by GateTrek View Post
                    Originally posted by Cadaveria View Post
                    Oh noooo not the Wraith !!! * cries*. Maybe...maybe not .Or maybe everyone dies and Atlantis is destroyed.
                    Maybe the extinction of PG humans by the wraith?

Comment

Uurgh. That's a crappy title. Reminds me of 'Resident Evil: Extinction" which has.. bad connotations for me.
                      sigpic
                      Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                        Maybe the extinction of PG humans by the wraith?
                        Yeah, the Wraiths new dastardly plan to starve themselves

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          hahaha, very funny.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            and humans have never hunted a species to extinction for food

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                              and humans have never hunted a species to extinction for food
                              humans destroyed a lot of species not for food but for pleasure ( hunting), for fur cloathes, for heads collection on the wall... the Wraith never killed humans for those reasons, just for food.

Comment

"Extinction"? Don't like it, sounds too dark and has only bad connotations for me. ( Yes, of course I realize that it's supposed to sound dark. ) I actually liked "Dark Gambit" better..!

Still, whether or not I like the title, it's not going to influence my decision to watch the movie or whether or not I enjoy it when actually watching it, so it really doesn't matter.

Except, of course, for the speculation on the plot/theme. Even if this doesn't end up being the final title, we know know that the extinction of something is going to be the theme of the movie. Also rememeber the comment "we're going to do something that you didn't think we'd dare".

Now, I haven't seen season 5, but I know some things about what happens in it, because I just can't avoid threads like this one! But my first guess would be the Wraith. They seem to have lots of fans ( though personally I'm not one of them ) and it's been confirmed ( ? ) that Todd is going to be in the movie, so the actual extinction of the Wraith race would fit all of the facts we've heard so far. Except I'm afraid they'd be shooting themselves in the foot, alienating the whole Wraith fanbase. But maybe I'm overestimating the size of the Wraith fanbase, I know that the opinions of fans on an internet forum don't necessarily reflect those of all the viewers. After all, we're the ones passionate enough about some aspect of the show/s to sit here and type for hours about it.

Who else is there to extinguish? The evil Asgards? I was of the impression that they were just a small group, but of course if they too got killed, it would mean the extinction of the Asgard race as a whole, even though the main part of that extinction has already happened. The humans? A bold move, but probably too bold. Unless they're planning on putting Atlantis in the Milky Way galaxy for good. Maybe. But still, I think it's too big for one movie, the extinction of the human population of a whole galaxy sounds like something that would play out in a mini-series or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X