No announcement yet.

Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well hopefully that will happen soon..like after its announced he will be in the movie...can only hope at this point

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
      well hopefully that will happen soon..like after its announced he will be in the movie...can only hope at this point
      I am certainly hoping for that too. For me, him not being in this film would really suck.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

sam and jack all the way!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lilywafiq View Post
          sam and jack all the way!!!
          I'm sure they will have their fair share of interaction in this movie.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

who knows they could have there coming out party in the movie

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
              who knows they could have there coming out party in the movie
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Hey

Are there any ideas on what the 3rd movie is going to be about? I was just thinking that the goa'uld, ori and replicators are gone so who or what is going to be the main villain? And what could be significant enough to bring back O'Neill and SG-1? Would they do another time travel or parallel universe story?

Hmm...

Q
                As above, so below, as within, so without, what you give, so shall you receive.

Comment

Originally posted by Quetz View Post
                  Hey

Are there any ideas on what the 3rd movie is going to be about? I was just thinking that the goa'uld, ori and replicators are gone so who or what is going to be the main villain? And what could be significant enough to bring back O'Neill and SG-1? Would they do another time travel or parallel universe story?

Hmm...

Q
                  Truthfully I wish I knew...I think there are a few minor Goa'uld out there bidding their time, but thats about it. I'd almost like to see a new enemy or an old, less prominent enemy like (the foothold aliens, grace aliens or any other race that had posed a threat). I'm happy regardless...just as long as there is an enemy/threat . I love Time Travel/AU but alot of people don't...so I'm not sure if TPTB would do it again. Before Continuum came out there was unrest concerning the fact that it fell into the Time Travel/AU type genre again (which some beleived it had been done to death). Whether or not TPTB decide to do something like that in two movies consecutively is up to them.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amaunet View Post
                    I love Time Travel/AU but alot of people don't...so I'm not sure if TPTB would do it again. Before Continuum came out there was unrest concerning the fact that it fell into the Time Travel/AU type genre again (which some beleived it had been done to death). Whether or not TPTB decide to do something like that in two movies consecutively is up to them.
                    I'm one of those people who doesn't like the AU/Time Travel stuff. Actually, that's not entirely true. I love AU/Time Travel... just not in Stargate. I don't think that Stargate does the whole time travel thing particularly well. "There But for the Grace of God," "1969," and "Window of Opportunity" all worked well for me. But stuff like PoV and Moebius makes me cringe. And although I loved Continuum... the time travel element was a bit weak. Basically, I feel like Stargate's version of time travel usually turns out to be illogical and confusing.

So, I'd rather they didn't try that again. At least not for a while.

With that said... I have no idea what it will be about. I'm hoping for some alien group that we've heard of, but never really had extensive dealings with. A minor goa'uld rising to power would work. Or even a brand new alien enemy. I'm not real picky, actually. As long as it makes sense and provides sufficient reason for SG-1 to be involved, and a provides a logical way to include Jack without feeling forced.
                    Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                    Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Hey

Well this is my point about AU/Time Travel plots...I think a lot of fans will be bored with them and think 'not again'. And I feel the same would go for a goa'uld or replicator villain! So what else does that leave really? A new villain, yes, or maybe one touched on briefly during the series that a lot of fans are interested in seeing again.

Another idea could be setting the movie during or in between SG-1 seasons, kind of like a 'lost episode(s)', similar to the novels? Although similar to time travel, strictly speaking it wouldnt be...what do you think? I wouldnt mind seeing a goa'uld villain then given the setting/timing of the movie. And I'd be interested in story dealing with these elusive Furlings! lol
                      As above, so below, as within, so without, what you give, so shall you receive.

Comment

Possibly some kind of prequal story, although that wouldn't involve SG-1 so would be tough.

Touching on some of the aliens we never concluded on would be cool.
                        sigpic

Comment

I really doubt we will have a "prequel" or "lost episode" sort of plot line for this movie. Those aren't bad ideas, but when Brad Wright was asking if this movie was going to more retrospective or if it was going to be moving forward in the Stargate world, he distinctly said that it would move forward.
                          Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                          Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

I do hope that it does move the story forward. If it's supposed to feature Jack, it might be good to remember that over half of his screen time since season 8 has been AU/imaginary/pretend. I don't mind unaired old footage or a flashback or "previously on Stargate SG-1" but most of it needs to be real-time and in my frame of reference.

Comment

^^ I agree. And I think that's what Brad Wright was saying in his Q&A earlier this year. He wants to include Jack in a way that will move the overall story forward.

Now, I still have no idea how that will happen, but I'm hoping BW will surprise me with something cool and unexpected.

Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post
                                I really doubt we will have a "prequel" or "lost episode" sort of plot line for this movie. Those aren't bad ideas, but when Brad Wright was asking if this movie was going to more retrospective or if it was going to be moving forward in the Stargate world, he distinctly said that it would move forward.
                                That is good to know.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X