Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowman37
    replied
    Alas, it will not materialize unless it happens in one of the novels. Should it happen in the novels, it won't be based on the abandoned movie script. Take Atlantis's return to Pegasus. It was going to happen in the abandoned Season 6 opener which was reworked into the abandoned movie script. It finally materialized as the first post-finale book, but the story revolving around how and why Atlantis returns to Pegasus has nothing to do with what would have been the movie.

Leave a comment:

• majorsal
    replied
    it might be old news, but i'm still interested in seeing it come to fruition!!!

(((sg1)))

Leave a comment:

• Snowman37
    replied
    That's old news...

Leave a comment:

• Jumper_One
    replied
    [...] The decision to reveal the program to the public would have formed the core of the third SG-1 movie, Revolution. After beating out the story with Brad Wright, Carl Binder got as far as completing a first draft before the project was shelved.
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-tenth-season/

Leave a comment:

• hedwig
    replied
    Originally posted by SILLYFAN View Post
    fourth; laundry says on the movie that the area 51 its going to took the ark of truth to analyze it. witch its beyond scary if the wrong person gets hold of this device and knows how to reprogram ate it to make the people believe what they want to.
    One of many bad decisions throughout the series.

Leave a comment:

• Snowman37
    replied
    ok first i accept its a tv show etc.
    second, what i said it looks pretty damn similar its the controls on the top of the ark of truth and the controls of the DHD. not the podium that its the DHD or the ark box shaped.

third, yeah the ark was before the DHD so the DHD looks like the ark of truth. sure the DHD was done before if we take for granted that the DHD and Stargate on the Antarctica was 50 millions years old.
    Like I said, it was probably intentional now that I compare pictures.

fourth; laundry says on the movie that the area 51 its going to took the ark of truth to analyze it. witch its beyond scary if the wrong person gets hold of this device and knows how to reprogram ate it to make the people believe what they want to.
    Very true, but it was a realistic ending.

Leave a comment:

• SILLYFAN
    replied
    ok first i accept its a tv show etc.
    second, what i said it looks pretty damn similar its the controls on the top of the ark of truth and the controls of the DHD. not the podium that its the DHD or the ark box shaped.

third, yeah the ark was before the DHD so the DHD looks like the ark of truth. sure the DHD was done before if we take for granted that the DHD and Stargate on the Antarctica was 50 millions years old.

Leave a comment:

• Snowman37
    replied
    Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    Ok. You're right about that. The ark does look a bit clunky in comparison.
    It's called a TV budget.

Maybe the film makers were making an attempt to make it look like the one in the first Indiana Jones movie (although I don't quite remember what that looked like).
    They look absolutely nothing alike. At best, they are both box-shaped.

Leave a comment:

• fems
    replied
    You have to remember that the inside/content of the Ark was the most important thing, not the outside. As a matter of fact, considering what it does I'd say it's not unthinkable the Ancients made it an ugly thing on purpose. After all, if it was all shiny and treasure trove-like everyone would want to open it on first sight...

Leave a comment:

• Snowman37
    replied
    Maybe it was done intentionally to give the ark that Ancient look to it? Yes, that may seem lazy, but remember... the movie was put together very quickly. "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if the ark's controls looked like the DVD controls?" It probably went down something like that.

Leave a comment:

• hedwig
    replied
    ok no argue there.
    but cmon...
    look and compare:
    DHD from milky way:
    http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...rusBaseDHD.jpg
    Ark of Truth:
    http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...k_of_Truth.JPG
    Ok. You're right about that. The ark does look a bit clunky in comparison. Maybe the film makers were making an attempt to make it look like the one in the first Indiana Jones movie (although I don't quite remember what that looked like). Maybe, though, it's just because it was the only one made (and the first one Daniel found was a decoy) and therefore they didn't believe it needed to look like anything special (maybe to deter any would-be looters or similar such people), while the DHD was something that was going to be sort of mass produced, since there were so many of them scattered around the galaxy(ies).

Leave a comment:

• SILLYFAN
    replied
    ok no argue there.
    but cmon...
    look and compare:
    DHD from milky way:
    http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...rusBaseDHD.jpg
    Ark of Truth:
    http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...k_of_Truth.JPG
    Last edited by Bagpuss; July 26, 2011, 02:36 PM. Reason: Hotlinks changed to url code.

Leave a comment:

• hedwig
    replied
    We must remember that the Ark was created well over 3,000,000 years ago, so maybe the ancients weren't all that creative, and didn't care about making it look pretty or think about what it was going to look like millions of years in the future.

After all, they lived in what looked like a rather medieval setting on a flat ledge on the side of a mountain top. Maybe their imaginations didn't extend to making things look artsy and pretty.

Leave a comment:

• SILLYFAN
    replied
    LOL.
    everyone heres think that i make stuff up.
    anyways, there are 2 ways to look at it:
    - the ancients where lazy and everything looked the same.
    - the creator of the DHD was still thinking of the ark while he did the DHD.

as i said i just wanted a different control pad. i was not expecting the ark of truth being something out of the ordinary. something never seen and so cool we cannot stop watching the movie to see it. or want a new series called stargate: featuring the ark of truth. just a cooler look not a square box DHD with crystals scattered around.

Leave a comment:

• Snowman37
    replied
    True, but given how many sets and props had to be created for the film, there time to work on the ark was limited. I think they did pretty good as it is. Looking at a photo I found on Google images, it does look like a DHD. I never noticed that before. haha

Leave a comment:

Working...
X