Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amconway View Post
    Well, neither do I, but you'll find that we are a very small minority.
    hey i thought i was the only one so...now i know im not alone

Comment

Good points. The thing about Cam, is that he could easily be included in a less overtly humerous story-one that's more in the 'original team' vein, with lots to team interaction and a more serious Jack--but imagine Vala in Thor's Hammer. Imagine her in The Serpent's Venom, Legacy, or The Fifth Race... It doesn't work. It's not about 'are the characters good' or 'are they valued'. It's about 'will they work'.
      You make an excellent point. It is probably why the character isn't needed for the third movie. I'm starting to wonder what this 'jack centric' movie will be about, I am looking forward to a general overview of the plot...whenever that may come about
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amaunet View Post
        You make an excellent point. It is probably why the character isn't needed for the third movie. I'm starting to wonder what this 'jack centric' movie will be about, I am looking forward to a general overview of the plot...whenever that may come about
        whenever they finish writing the script most likely

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
          whenever they finish writing the script most likely
          can't be far off

Comment

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
            I haven't much hope for this movie, not for Vala, but because it will be a Jack movie and if he will be the same Jack of the last 2 or 3 years, well I'll be really disappointed. I want back the old Jack, the old Jack/Daniel chemistry, their banter, their argument, not Jack the comic relief.
            It's surprising you say this. I don't think Jack was all that different in season 8 than in other seasons. Maybe a few more jokes thrown in, but basically the sarcastic witty Jack we all love (or some of us love ). If you don't like the humor it's strange that you like the Vala character so much. Her character practically turned the show into a sitcom.

I also agree with whoever said that having the Vala character would mess up the dynamics of the other characters in a way that Cam doesn't. If Vala were around Daniel would be so irritated with Vala that he wouldn't have time to banter with Jack.

amconway, thanks for the info about Daniel! I would be so unhappy if he weren't in the movie. He and Jack together is what makes SG1 so great.
            sigpic "We do get paid for this, right?"

Comment

To all those who think RDA is too old at 59 to play action hero, please check out "Unforgiven" - Clint Eastwood was 62 in one of the best westerns of all time...

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                To all those who think RDA is too old at 59 to play action hero, please check out "Unforgiven" - Clint Eastwood was 62 in one of the best westerns of all time...
                It isn't that theoretically that RDA is too old. I don't think 59 is too old at all. But when I look at RDA now, he's out of shape and he looks much older than his actual age. If he got in better shape, I could believe him as an action hero. But it can't get in shape or doesn't want to, then I think they should make his age part of the story, i.e., little jokes about how he can't go running around like he used to or something. Because he looks older than Beau Bridges, imo.

Comment

But it can't get in shape or doesn't want to, then I think they should make his age part of the story, i.e., little jokes about how he can't go running around like he used to or something. Because he looks older than Beau Bridges, imo.
                  You try having multiple surgeries on your knees and see how well you move around. Fact is, he's been recuperating for some time, and has only been in a position to be more active relatively recently. Perhaps folks might want to consider giving the guy a break.
                  I for one, am just happy that he's willing, and able, to do this movie. The important thing is character and relationships between the team members, not his ability to run a mile.

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
                    hey i thought i was the only one so...now i know im not alone

You're definitely not alone. People who don't like something generally have the tendency to be more vocal about it than those who like something or aren't bothered by it. And the likes and dislikes of the people on this forum (or any online forum) are just a tiny, tiny fraction of the overall viewing audience.

While I prefer Colonel Jack to General Jack, I still think any Jack is a good thing.

Comment

While I prefer Colonel Jack to General Jack, I still think any Jack is a good thing
                      Hear, hear!

Comment

You try having multiple surgeries on your knees and see how well you move around. Fact is, he's been recuperating for some time, and has only been in a position to be more active relatively recently. Perhaps folks might want to consider giving the guy a break.
                        I for one, am just happy that he's willing, and able, to do this movie. The important thing is character and relationships between the team members, not his ability to run a mile.
                        Actually, he had surgery on his feet within the last 18 months. The fact is also that he started putting on weight BEFORE the surgeries, soon after he "retired." Nothing unusual about that in my opinion. I think he was far too thin in S8 and 9 and one often gains some weight in "retirement." What a relief it must be for an actor to NOT have to always worry about how they look all the time, especially in his case, after having to have been concerned about his looks for so so long.

However, I do believe he needs to lose weight now (for his own health) and for the third movie. I love Jack and am glad that RDA is going to be in the third movie, but I think everyone would be happier to see a, RDA/Jack who weighs about 25 pounds less than he does now. RDA is very aware that he's overweight and out of shape. He's got the money to hire a trainer to help him lose the weight and I'm sure he will.

As others have said, a Jack-centric story doesn't have to center around Jack as an "action hero." He was never a big action hero before, so I don't know where people get the idea he has to be one now. Wasn't a big action hero in "The Fifth Race, Abyss, Paradise Lost, Solitudes" (just to name a few) and those episodes went over quite well.

Comment

Actually, he had surgery on his feet within the last 18 months. The fact is also that he started putting on weight BEFORE the surgeries, soon after he "retired." Nothing unusual about that in my opinion. I think he was far too thin in S8 and 9 and one often gains some weight in "retirement." What a relief it must be for an actor to NOT have to always worry about how they look all the time, especially in his case, after having to have been concerned about his looks for so so long.
                          The feet must be a new issue, (Wow, he has all the luck) because the knees were the thing prior to that...

However, I do believe he needs to lose weight now (for his own health) and for the third movie. I love Jack and am glad that RDA is going to be in the third movie, but I think everyone would be happier to see a, RDA/Jack who weighs about 25 pounds less than he does now. RDA is very aware that he's overweight and out of shape. He's got the money to hire a trainer to help him lose the weight and I'm sure he will.
                          All that may be true, but I'm not of the opinion that it's polite for the forum to go on and on about it. Really that's his business. We should have faith that he plans on doing whatever possible to do the role justice based on the fact that we know he wants to do this, and cares about both the character and the franchise.

As others have said, a Jack-centric story doesn't have to center around Jack as an "action hero." He was never a big action hero before, so I don't know where people get the idea he has to be one now. Wasn't a big action hero in "The Fifth Race, Abyss, Paradise Lost, Solitudes" (just to name a few) and those episodes went over quite well.
                          Agreed. I don't think this issue is very important, really.

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                            Also, I think he could still be a general and the plot could be centered around him. Look at Hammond in "Prometheus Unbound". There he was, close to retirement, leading the mission and being active and doing a great job. Generals don't retire just because they're over 60 or have knee problems.
                            sigpic "We do get paid for this, right?"

Comment

StellaByStargate writes: “I miss SG1. You never forget your first, you know? And speaking of which…how are Brad and Carl coming with that script…???”

Answer: My sources tell me the script is in Brad’s hands and he is working his magic as we speak (er, write).
                              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...eble-frenchie/
                              sigpic
                              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

That is good news that BW has his hands on the script. Hopefully, it won't be too much longer before we hear some more about this film.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X