No announcement yet.

Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jenks: I think the audience needs something fresher, but also old school type scifi, what doesn't act on Earth. I am a bit bored with superheroes stories. I would like to see aliens, new planets, adventures in space, so technically a "classic" scifi.I really hope at least SG:U will be such series.

poundpuppy29: Honestly, we know almost everything about our heroes, because we followed them in the last 10-12 year. A "neutral" viewer could enjoy a stand-alone adventure, if they could show them something special: pure exploration on alien worlds, strange weather, alien plants and animals and races.
    Last edited by Platschu; 19 November 2008, 02:26 PM.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Well thats good to know...finally

Originally posted by VSS View Post
      Well, it's about time someone actually came out and said it. Now, if we could just see it in this decade!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        Probably when they've got all the cast signed.
        Yeah, that is probably true. Still, it is nice to know it was given the "official" green-light.

Now, we just have to survive the waiting game. Which is always the worst part.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
          I think DVD movies are the way to go I think big screen would be a mistake, T.V. movies I think it would have a longer life. It not about the story of Stargate it is about that characters of Stargate that's why T.V. and movies are such different animals from what I can tell movies are more about stories while T.V are more about characters.
          I agree, for selfish reasons I don't want any future Stargate movies to be big screen. A trip to the movies for my family costs around the same amount as half a weeks groceries! I know which one my money would be spent on. I can pick up the dvd for a very good price if I wait a little while and then we can watch over and over again.
          sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

I'm confused. Are they making an SG-1 movie next year or not. Joe told Majorsal that it has been greelighted, but he didn't say for when. November 17:
            Majorsal writes: “it hasn’t been stated yet, but did the sg1 movie officially get the green light to be made?”

Answer: Yep.
            But he also said this on November 18, just a day later:
            Plastschu writes: “Is there any chance to make two Atlantis movie + one SG-1 movie next year? What will be titles? When will be released the newest movies? […] What happened with the Children Of The Gods - special edition? Why did Mr. Wright postpone it? Will you ever make an SG-1 movie for theatrical release from even bigger budget (10-20-30 million $)?”

Answers: At present, we’re only scheduled to produce one SGA movie next year. No title or release date yet. I have no idea when the special edition of Children of the Gods will be released. Sorry, no plans for a big screen SG-1 theatrical release.
            Did he just neglect to mention the SG-1 DVD movie or is he saying that there are no plans to make one next year, even though it's been greenlighted. Does anyone know?
            Last edited by ShardsofGlass; 20 November 2008, 09:23 AM.

Comment

I think it means the movie has been greenlit but they are focusing their attention on the SGA movie and SGU
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass View Post
                I'm confused. Are they making an SG-1 movie next year or not. Joe told Majorsal that it has been greelighted, but he didn't say for when. November 17:

Did he just neglect to mention the SG-1 DVD movie or is he saying that there are no plans to make one next year, even though it's been greenlighted. Does anyone know?
                Well, the original question was about two SGA movies plus an SG-1 movie. All he said was that there'd be one SGA movie, as opposed to two. He just didn't mention the SG-1 movie in his reply, that's all. There was no need to. I wouldn't worry about it at this point.

Comment

they're definitely making an SG-1 movie next year. AT said
                  The third DVD Stargate film is looking at production next year, Tapping added. "Rumor has it late spring/early summer of next year, but I honestly couldn't tell you beyond that," she said. "I know Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis will be shooting movies at that time. And [Stargate] Universe, I believe, starts up in January."
                  http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...d=60912&type=0

also
                  Ganymede writes: “Need some clarity Joe… You mentioned Feb 4 as the currently scheduled date for principal shooting… IS this for the SGA movie?”

Answer: Nope. The movies probably won’t shoot until Summer of 2009.
                  http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...niverse-day-3/

Joe was talking about the possibility of two Atlantis movies in 2009
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Thanks, the AT interview does help reinforce that they'll make the next SG-1 movie next year. It does seem weird to greenlight something and then not move on it for a year and a half. I think greenlight means the ball starts rolling on making something.

Comment

Thanks, the AT interview does help reinforce that they'll make the next SG-1 movie next year. It does seem weird to greenlight something and then not move on it for a year and a half. I think greenlight means the ball starts rolling on making something.
                      um...

StellaByStargate writes: “What is Carl up to these days anyway?”

Answer: Oh, he’s working on the SG-1 movie script, presently hammering out an outline with Brad.
                      http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...our-questions/

Carl put out a preliminary beat sheet for the next SG-1 movie and will, no doubt, be expecting notes in the coming days. [...]
                      http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...yo-its-a-date/

StellaByStargate writes: “Realizing, of course, that Brad and Carl are very busy with the new show, I was just wondering how things were coming on that 3rd SG1 script?”

Answer: It’s coming along. Carl?
                      http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...verse-day-two/
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Greenlight means they're going to get the money to shoot it.
                        They can write scripts all they want, but that's as far as it gets without cash from MGM.

Frankly, I was worried nothing was going to film the next year. Instead, I think that the studios just aren't taking chances and want to film the things they know will make money. The fact that Stargate films are cheap is a major bonus for MGM, too. So the gamble for them is not great.

It's amazing how many films lose money. No studio can take a chance right now. They always say that movies and films are the last to go in a recession, but as Flynn said, theatre movies aren't as cheap to attend as they used to be, either.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                          Greenlight means they're going to get the money to shoot it.
                          They can write scripts all they want, but that's as far as it gets without cash from MGM.

Frankly, I was worried nothing was going to film the next year. Instead, I think that the studios just aren't taking chances and want to film the things they know will make money. The fact that Stargate films are cheap is a major bonus for MGM, too. So the gamble for them is not great.

It's amazing how many films lose money. No studio can take a chance right now. They always say that movies and films are the last to go in a recession, but as Flynn said, theatre movies aren't as cheap to attend as they used to be, either.
                          Yeah, the relatively low cost of making the SG films is a bonus for MGM. And let's not forget, the success of AOT and Continuum surprised quite a few people. These movies made MGM quite a bit of money. I think that the future of SG in DVD movie form could be a very bright one. And that makes this fan very happy.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            I think that the future of SG in DVD movie form could be a very bright one. And that makes this fan very happy.
                            I fear it won't happen. The actors will be interested in other projects in the next years, so the making of every new movie will be harder and harder.
                            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                              I fear it won't happen. The actors will be interested in other projects in the next years, so the making of every new movie will be harder and harder.

I think that as long as tptb are willing to make further movies the actors will be too. Don't forget that these movies are made very quickly and that after so many years the actors know their characters and can slip back into them easily. They can always shoot around people just like they did with Michael when he couldn't make the Continuum artic shoot because of his other work commitments.

AOT and Continuum made money and there is no reason why the next movies shouldn't either as long as they don't shoot themselves in the foot with one of them and end up pis*ing off too many of the fans.

I think they need to be very careful just how they use RDA/Jack in the next one, if it doesn't shoot until next summer he will be almost sixty and even though he is still a great looking guy he does look his age. If they don't try to write him as the all action hero type then I hope we get lots of him, leave that stuff to the young guys like Daniel, Mitchell and Teal'c. I found watching Harrison Ford in the last Indie movie more than a little sad and really don't want something like that for RDA.

It would be great to see a return to the wonderful relationship between Jack and Daniel, to explore how the dynamic of that relationship has changed. Daniel has become bigger and stronger over the years, he has become the action hero type now - which is a natural progression given all that has happened to the character. I would like to see that role reversal explored and have it acknowledge by the characters. I miss seeing MS and RDA in scenes they really do bring out the best in each other. I miss the real Jack and if we get the alternate Jack from Continuum I will be more than happy.
                              sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                                They're also interested in money, and I doubt anything they'll be appearing in will pay as well as the Stargate DVD movies

Comment

Working...
                                X