Camelot (920)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wolverine_nl
    They would've killed Carter in S9 if that was their intention, no reason to be doin'that in the first 5 minutes of S10. But like is already been said, she signed for more and a bit of Atlantis as i read somewhere.
    Yes, all true. I find odd the auto-sexist assumption that Carter would be the one to go to make way for more Vala.
    scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
      and the asguard that was dissapointing o well we're doomed
      yeah the asgard just send one ship i was disapointed i was thinking where's thor when you need him?

but yeah, it was pretty cool to see our alliance fighting to save our galaxy but i'm afraid the only group who will have ships left after that battle will be the asgard cause they sent one ship

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tsid.
        Exactly! So why are they trying to beam nukes into Wraith Ships, when they can beam nukes just outside Wraith Ships, and still do plenty damage?

I never understood that...
        Uhm this isn't an Atlantis thread and what you are saying makes no sense to me, ofcourse they beam nukes into the Wraith ships, cause that causes more damage and it is possibles cause the wraith dont have shields unlike the Ori/Goa'uld etc.

Try to tell us what you were trying to say, and now preview your post before posting it

Comment

Originally posted by Tealcfan
          yeah the asgard just send one ship i was disapointed i was thinking where's thor when you need him?
          I expected Thor, where is Thor this Season?? I miss him

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss
            What I really like about SG-1 is the humor. And I don't think that in season 9 SG-1 becomes a comedy show because there has always been a lot of comedy. But I think the quality of the humor has changed. IMHO it has less quality and doesn't come as natural as it has in previous seasons. I always had the impression that RDA did the funny stuff unprepared and spontaniously (is this a word? ). But Mitchell has to do it because it's in the script...

I believe it would have been a more interesting dynamic if Mitchell were written and played as a serious, taciturn sort of guy - the dark horse who would be such a contrast to O'Neill. A richer, more intelligent kind of humour could play off that too. I believe TPTB have really missed a trick in their characterization of the new guy.
            scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
              Yes, all true. I find odd the auto-sexist assumption that Carter would be the one to go to make way for more Vala.
              I think they want CB in so that some others get some more depth, another character meaning more angles in the stories, meaning more character development, now we can see how Carter handles herself in Vala's presence and will she take Vala serious after Vala's sacrifice to disable the first supergate.

Comment

I thought the battle was just a warm up for the real confrontation in S10. But why do I get the feeling that this larger "battle" will only result in an even bigger massacre...

My reason for believing this is that it is perhaps like in the S1 finale and S2 beginning of SGA. But instead of something like the Daedalus coming into the rescue... I believe there's just gonna be even more ships involved in the "allied fleet" counter-attack... thus more target practice for the Ori solder helmsmen.

The following is just guess work in terms of how the story should progress. As there's nothing in the S10 folder that even mentions what Im saying here.
                Spoiler:
                But... I don't think any of the 4 invading Ori starships will be destroyed. Their purpose is to setup a foothold in this galaxy and that can't be done if we managed to blow up one of their ships.

However, we might successfully destroy the SuperGate. Otherwise its just plain old DOOM if that thing remain open with even more Ori ships pouring in.

The supergate has to be destroyed otherwise we're just completely screwed and that doesn't make sense storywise.... but I could be wrong.
                Last edited by Peoples_General; 12 March 2006, 06:00 AM.
                http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tsid.
                  Exactly! So why are they trying to beam nukes into Wraith Ships, when they can beam nukes just outside Wraith Ships, and still do plenty damage?

I never understood that...
                  Perhaps because there is a jamming field outside the Wraith ship preventing the bomb being beamed right next to it?

Anyway, UK get to see the episode on Tuesday so wohoo! Sounds like an excellent battle, finally earth gets its butt kicked for a bit.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by RobJones
                    ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS***

I thought it so fantastic that after all these years, finally Earth is reckognised as a formidable force.
                    I think the final recognition is a result of the ships. The team has been extremely successful over these years. However, despite their success, despite all those that they helped along the way, none of the societies that possessed multiple ships really gave us much notice. However, now that we have them and can travel great distances in them they are truely recognized as a formidable force.

Also, someone mentioned the unknown fate of the Russian commander. I hope that they do not kill him off. He has been a great recurring character and really added depth to the international aspect. I think it is great that he is in command of a ship. This really highlights the international role and to lose that would be a bit sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
                      My apologies. See, here I was thinking that people watch programmes for reasons other than just having their favourite actor/actress in it.
                      Thats what I always thought. But considering the number of BB\CB fans who have actually told me they never watched stargate before and are only watching now becase BB\CB are on... well I guess we were both wrong.

I personally only watch TV shows for characters and plots, but thats just me.
                      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                        Thats what I always thought. But considering the number of BB\CB fans who have actually told me they never watched stargate before and are only watching now becase BB\CB are on... well I guess we were both wrong.

I personally only watch TV shows for characters and plots, but thats just me.
                        Yes, but obviously, those fans aren't what's gonna make or break seasons 10 and beyond. They're just a small part of the fanbase.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                          Yes, but obviously, those fans aren't what's gonna make or break seasons 10 and beyond. They're just a small part of the fanbase.
                          Yes, that's exactly it. To me, the percentage of people who follow a show for their favourite actors is minute compared to the amout of casual viewers. But also the people who watch for their actor are far more likely to post on a forum about it.

Comment

I watch the show, for the show. If the characters or actors change... then its like life. People come in and out of your life, so IMO the same can apply to TV shows.
                            http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                            http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                              I watch the show, for the show. If the characters or actors change... then its like life. People come in and out of your life, so IMO the same can apply to TV shows.
                              agreed, If the characters change im sad =[ but we learn to get used to such events..
                              SciFi Since 07.27.97

Comment

SPOILERS
                                SPOILERS

Which earth ship was destroyed?
                                Was it Korlev or Oddessy?

Comment

Working...
                                X