No announcement yet.

Camelot (920)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was cool to see us fighting alongside our other allies. And being able to hold our own. It's just a shame the battle went as it did.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

i suppose other people said this the other nite-i only saw the episode today on tape-but did anyone else get the Babylon 5 deja vu feeling at the end, when Vala was standing at the window watching the battle. For a minute I thought I was watching Delenn and was waiting for another Minbari member of the Gray Council to show up.
      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

HOLY. CRAP. That was freaking awesome!!

For those that said the first half was redundant, I strongly disagree. Yes, it was a little slow, but think of what we learned. We now know that Arthur has been on a quest, and that Merlin might have been "evil". We also got 3 place names that we might go to next season. Not only that, but we figured out what the weapon is, and that it's related to the HOLY GRAIL. There's a huge amount of story possiblities with this, and it's all thanks to the apparent "redundant" part.

Also, we know that the mid-season 10 2 parter is called
        Spoiler:
        Quest
        , so it's probably related to this. There was a lot of foreshadowing in this episode.

As for the other parts of the episode, well, everyone's pretty much said how I feel. Awesome scoring, awesome SFX (supergate/Ori ships), just...daaaamn. When the fleet came though I so wanted to be Sam (and bloody heartless), so I can watch the huge-a** battle, front row center, hopefully with some popcorn.

Oh, and the little bit of Vala at the end with the baby thing. This is what the season ending should be IMHO, not exactly a cliffhanger, more of a harbinger of things to come. A bad one at that.

Hehe..."it's not magic" *beam*.

Did anyone else notice that the Ori ships had SMOKE trailing them? What was that about? Damn gas guzzlers...

All in all, 5/5, no problem (probably better).

Originally posted by JackGyver
        Otherwise, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that TPTB, or at least some Season Nine supporters, illegitimately bumped up the results. I'm not going to make that accusation, and realize it's maybe even a little out-of-line to suggest, but we've seen how over-protective and defensive TPTB are about their Season Nine. They don't seem to be able to handle the criticism... Well, I'll stop there. I'm not trying to attack them, but I'm just saying it's a possibility. I give the benefit of the doubt here, though. The "new traffic" excuse seems reasonable.
        I very much doubt TPTB cares that much. I don't really see how they were protective of Season 9 either.

Comment

Originally posted by Dromag67

Earth lost ANOTHER ship.

Very sad,
          Oh. So, I guess dancing and singing, "Let the good times roll" wasn't an appropriate reaction?
          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
            Oh. So, I guess dancing and singing, "Let the good times roll" wasn't an appropriate reaction?

I thought it was funny how they never said "To be continued".

It felt like the series could end right there.

Albeit Sam just running out of oxygen alone in space would of been a let down.
            I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

It's funny really, because it really wasn't much of a "To be continued" situation, since the battle was more or less over. It's like at the end of Lost City. We have a bad thing that's happening, but the main plot of the Ori arriving in the galaxy is more or less over.

Now we move on to the plot of how much damage they're gonna do.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                It's funny really, because it really wasn't much of a "To be continued" situation, since the battle was more or less over. It's like at the end of Lost City. We have a bad thing that's happening, but the main plot of the Ori arriving in the galaxy is more or less over.

Now we move on to the plot of how much damage they're gonna do.

Yeah its like

"We came, we saw, we got owned, Goodnight!"
                I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnarok13
                  i was a little annoyed with the undamageable ships, and i couldnt tell if
                  Spoiler:
                  the earth ship showed being destroyed was korelev, which most people said was gonna be destroyed, or the odessy.

p.s. im amazed no one else thought to use spoiler warnings, not even in the title.
                  kinda makes sense they didn't get damaged. Ancients have great shield technology..

Besides, those ori ships were probably powered by ZPM's, or even newer technology.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
                    Power rangers, that's good! I always said that I thought it was like Dragon Ball Z. Though I think they are both similar enough in that aspect for it to work.
                    Dragon Ball Z? Aspects?

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                      i suppose other people said this the other nite-i only saw the episode today on tape-but did anyone else get the Babylon 5 deja vu feeling at the end, when Vala was standing at the window watching the battle. For a minute I thought I was watching Delenn and was waiting for another Minbari member of the Gray Council to show up.
                      Nope. I saw extremely sad woman witnessing horrible massacre, unable to help her friends and in the first stages of labor. That's all I saw.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                        Actually, it's a little closer to four months.
                        And these four months are going to be very, very, very loooooooooong...

Comment

Originally posted by randy
                          Originally posted by Amanda Eros
                          Power rangers, that's good! I always said that I thought it was like Dragon Ball Z. Though I think they are both similar enough in that aspect for it to work.
                          Dragon Ball Z? Aspects?
                          I like DBZ, so I don't feel it's bad that SG is using similar narratives:

- The Cell Saga (Cell is the main enemy at one point): First Cell Stage 1, then he gets transformed into more evil stage 2, and then to stage three where he is almost invincible
                          - First the hero Son Goku becomes a Super Sayajin, then (when that is not sufficient) learns to become a Super Sayajin Second Stage, and then Third Stage so he can beat the main enemy at that point. When that is not enough, it turns out his kids are even stronger than he is at SS stage 3. And so forth.

Both points above are alternating. Each time you think the hero is finally strong enough to beat the main enemy, the enemy gets stronger, and TPTB have to invent something to make the hero stronger. IMHO that makes for a good story because you always wonder how you can now beat the enemy.

Until you realize the pattern. But by that time you're usually hooked on the show anyway.
                          No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                          (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

was a great episode, probably one of the best of the year

but once again, they have to go looking for an anchient weapon (what is it with RCC and anchient weapons? )

the Korelev (I think blew up) and Daniel and mitchell along with it?

The Ori seem indestructable again

need to watch this episode again

Comment

My face was like the entire last 15 minutes. Amazing! I think the Ancients/Alterans have to break their no-interference policy now, unless they want this entire universe destroyed.
                              Last edited by tristan; 12 March 2006, 05:35 AM.
                              Μηνιν αειδε, θεα, Πηληιαδεω Αχιληος...

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
                                was a great episode, probably one of the best of the year

but once again, they have to go looking for an anchient weapon (what is it with RCC and anchient weapons? )

the Korelev (I think blew up) and Daniel and mitchell along with it?

The Ori seem indestructable again

need to watch this episode again
                                I agree only I think it is one of the best eps ever as said before in terms of space battles, etc.

The Ori ships are a hell of a lot bigger than I thought they would be and how 4 of them destroyed the whole army of MW vessels, dont know what happened to the Asgard ship

Comment

Working...
                                X