No announcement yet.

Crusade (919)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was strange seeing Ironside, a guy known for being a good Bad guy, playing once again a goodie.. The only other time i remember him doing that was the original V.

Comment

This is the first of a very small handful of eps that used Vala in a way that I actually liked.

Not the 'in Daniel's body' "humor"<gag>, but with Tomin. Unfortunately, being on the net made me really not like this ep. Not because I was spoiled, but because I already knew that Sci-Fi had said they wanted her back in S9 and to find a way. And at that point I despised the character. And then the writers made the (imo) unfortunate decision to incorporate the real life pregnancy. In a *very* cliched way.
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        It was strange seeing Ironside, a guy known for being a good Bad guy, playing once again a goodie.. The only other time i remember him doing that was the original V.
        Good guy or not, he is still pretty bad***.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          Good guy or not, he is still pretty bad***.
          I agree he was an awesome guest star.....I happened to see Crusade and "Total Recall" within a couple of days of each other and he was brilliant in both...

Deeds xx
          sigpic
          Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
          MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Ironside has always been one of my faves.. along with Dennis hopper and Gary oldman.

Comment

My LiveJournal post
              "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
              "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
              "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
              "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
              >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                Damn was a great episode. i give it a *** 1/2 or a ****.

Camelot looks like sweet ass finale, because the trailer looked sweet.

Good Director Debut for RCC (aka Robert Cooper).
                Agreed. Of all the great episodes (not average or terrible) of Season 9 (I can't name all of them but Beachhead and Ripple Effect are among them), this is at the bottom. It's great but not as great as those other highlights.

Tomorrow, the Finale, and the amazing ending to a so-so reboot 9th season.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                  Agreed. Of all the great episodes (not average or terrible) of Season 9 (I can't name all of them but Beachhead and Ripple Effect are among them), this is at the bottom. It's great but not as great as those other highlights.

Tomorrow, the Finale, and the amazing ending to a so-so reboot 9th season.
                  You do recognize that you quoted yourself....

I actually liked bits of Vala in this ep. Not the teaser when she went into the men's room, but later. It's too bad I was so aggravated with the mere fact of her being forced upon us sooner than she needed to be. I also just didn't think of it as a Stargate ep. I don't like the Ori - I didn't like much of the ascended storyline so at least I'm consistent. And the use of the pregnancy in S10. Oy.
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.
                  Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I didn't really enjoy the ep. Kinda good to see Vala again. Now she's pregnant with someone who's going to be a pain in the butt.

I laughed when she was perving on Cam in Daniel's body haha
                    sigpic

Comment

Hmmmm....

1. So Vala's back sort of...in a flash back.

2. Girl in guy's body in guy's locker room. Cheesy.

3. Post Arc of Truth...it's only now you realise how driven Tomin was...

4. Russians trying to play games at the wrong time...hmmm...

5. Actually caught the back end of this ep first time round...before watching Atlantis...felt wierd but knew about the Supergate anyway...
                      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I like this episode a lot. Its one of my favorites from S9 and just Stargate in general. Showing flashbacks of what Vala has been up to do since Beachead has the potential to be boring. But the good thing is that it is not (at least for me). I find their is enough drama action of the personal problem Vala has accompanied with the bigger picture of what the Ori are up too. The end result is giving out a massive amount of information without being boring. I especially liked how the barkeeper was the leader of the anti-Ori resistance. That was unexpected. The desperate nature they had was interesting to me
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                          Hmmmm....

2. Girl in guy's body in guy's locker room. Cheesy.
                          That makes me wonder.. If there would have been any outrage had it been the OTHER way around.. A guy in a girls body, in a girls locker room..

I especially liked how the barkeeper was the leader of the anti-Ori resistance. That was unexpected. The desperate nature they had was interesting to me
                          Especially since he was one of my fave actors of all time.. michael ironside!

Comment

This was not a bad episode. Seeing how the followers of the Ori live and devote themselves to worshipping the Ori through Vala's experiences was interesting. Liked the idea of the leader of the resistance hiding behind fanatical devotion to the Ori to throw suspicion off his subversive activities.

Tomin was one character I really liked out of all in the Ori arc. He went through so much, torn between love for Vala and his devotion to the Ori. I liked the way he was developed as a character.

Comment

It was sad to see there was never any resolution to Tomin's character.

Comment

I thought Ark of Truth gave a nice resolution to Tomin
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X