No announcement yet.

Crusade (919)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I think it's still good if all of the gates were returned since that's where they belonged. Just because nobody lived there doesn't mean there's no reason to go there.

Look at Lost City Part 1. I didn't see anyone living on the giant statue planet.

Comment

Good question.

I know that if there are two 'gates on a planet, the one with the DHD is dominant, so if the SGC had one of those from an uninhabited planet and kept it connected, any teams the Russians sent out would come back to the SGC.

I wonder if General Landry was ever really afraid that the Russians would actually try to take back their stargate. He seemed to catch on pretty quickly to the fact that it was a negotiating ploy.

I'm also curious about whether the Chinese have another ace in the hole. Their representative seemed fairly confident in 'The Scourge', plus she asked Daniel specifically whether he would have turned down an invitation from her government if they had been the ones to start the stargate program and when he said that he would have, told him that she might hold him to it one day.
      Last edited by ReganX; 12 March 2006, 09:33 PM.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I think General Landry agreed that the US was being stupid in shutting everyone else out, what with the Ori about to kill us all.

Having two Stargates in use on the same planet causes a lot of problems, so, meh. They wouldn't want that.

Comment

Is the Russian team the only non-American SG-team?

I can't remember whether or not the other countries briefed on the existence of the 'gate were allowed their own teams.

Comment

Maybe the Russians were playing both sides, leading the Chinese on to get their support to use for leverage. That or the Chinese think that they can manage to take the gate by force.

Comment

they have no DHD's, while Russia does. if they hook up the DHD, it would make the Russian gate the dominant gate on Earth.

Comment

If the US gave up the gate, they'd have to get a new one- meaning they'd have to change all the software to work with the new gate's point of origin. Unless they got a DHD, in which case Chevron Guy would be out of work. And nobody wants that. Plus, what's to stop Russia from getting a DHD and hence leaving neither gate with dominance? What happens then? You'll have Russian teams coming through the SGC gate and SG teams coming through the Russian gate. And the only way to get them home is to fly them over- which is another expense. And then there's the matter of any ancient technology they bring back- Would you let the Russians go home with a bit of ancient tech they found, knowing they wont share it with you?

Comment

Originally posted by justinkb
                  they have no DHD's, while Russia does. if they hook up the DHD, it would make the Russian gate the dominant gate on Earth.
                  Didn't the Russian DHD blow up in '48 Hours'?

Comment

Yeah, we destroyed the DHD to rescue Teal'c. The US is the only country with a DHD, if we kept those from Off the Grid.
                    SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

I thought this would be a great epsiode, especially looking back on the season, but I am sorry to say that it sucked... no interesting plot line (at least to disjointed). I will admit that there where a couple of good ideas, but the writers did not capatalies on the possibilities.

Well hears hoping the next epsiode will be better.
                      My name comes from a Greek word that means a supernatural being halfway between a god and a human being (but not a demi-god). Though I am also the master of magic. Therefore... Stargate rules!!!

Comment

Another thought comes to mind: When Vala asked if there were other pregnancies like hers and with Cameron being a church goer, he could've mentioned that Jesus Christ was also born that way as well as Arthur.

Comment

All viewers, and even Sam, were expecting Mitchell to at least mention Jesus here. The writers are apparently trying to subtly allude to Christianity without actually touching it.
                          SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Originally posted by T'saria
                            ROFL! i forgot about that part! I love Vala!

I agree, Claudia Black is a very good actress. she really carried the
                            show, the show was pretty much her. I also think she
                            looked spectacular for being that far along in her pregancy. I am
                            really looking forward to seeing more of her in the next season.

I don't know if anyone caught it, but there is a serious FarScape
                            reference in the EP as well. From PeaceKeeper Wars. I love
                            it that the writers aren't afraid to talk about and reference
                            other shows. they seem to revel in it. Makes for a lot of fun for
                            us viewers.
                            I agree
                            What FarScape reference did you see???

Comment

Originally posted by waykins
                              Another thought comes to mind: When Vala asked if there were other pregnancies like hers and with Cameron being a church goer, he could've mentioned that Jesus Christ was also born that way as well as Arthur.
                              Yay!!! I noticed that too! In fact that is what I thought he was talking about at first, without really having time to thinking about it. Though I don't think the writers where really trying to allude to this (they probably would have mentioned it if they where) and thinking back meantioning Arthur is a really interesting link that makes more sense than mentioning Jesus (though they shouldn't have said it was only Arthur who was born that way - in fact, there is a lost of that in Greek mythology and other religions... Hurculese and the demi-gods - but I guess, other than Jesus, that could have been the only person he knew about.)

My name comes from a Greek word that means a supernatural being halfway between a god and a human being (but not a demi-god). Though I am also the master of magic. Therefore... Stargate rules!!!

Comment

I thought this ep is very funny and serious at the same time! I love the part in the begining in the locker room! And the part with the waffles! OMG! Gets me every time! LOL!

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
                                Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
                                Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X