No announcement yet.

Crusade (919)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great episode. Good story wasn't expecting much action stay tuned for tommorow's episode. Great to see Vala back love her! I thought it was hilarious when Vala as Daniel looked at mitchells ass I have loved season 9 so far bring on season 10

Jack: How did it go?
    Sam: We kicked their asses.
    Jack: They had asses?
    Last edited by Mitchell82; 09 March 2006, 07:25 PM.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
      No probs BTW, have you read already the latest issue of Stargate Magazine? I suggest especially interview with costume designer
      haven't got it yet. i have someone that sends it to me so it takes a while. thanks for the tip though
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I didn't think this was a bad episode, just not a great one. Kind of like a clip show with new clips. Tons of exposition but they picked the right actress to pull it off. Claudia has a lot of talent.

Funny bit at the beginning with MS mimicking Vala. But it turned serious pretty quickly, which was appropriate I suppose. I can totally see why they didn't use MS as Vala more; that would have diluted the impact of Vala telling her story.

I liked the actor who play Tomin a lot ; he was well cast. I figure he's a goner, though.

Also liked the toned down, more serious Vala. Except for the "I always wanted to get in Daniel's pants..." line I didn't cringe once. And I don't care if it's an unlikely fork in this character's development - I'm just happy to see a little more depth there.

I thought there would be a little more action when the underground resistance's sabotage plan was thwarted. Kind of anticlimatic when Vala announced..."well the plan didn't work".

I continue to find the Ori more interesting and menacing when they're offscreen.

The magical Ori-baby thing isn't doing much for me so far, except for wondering "why Vala?" Is there going to be a reason they chose her or was she just in the right place at the right time?.....i.e. the new regular on SG-1.
        Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by keshou
          I didn't think this was a bad episode, just not a great one. Kind of like a clip show with new clips. Tons of exposition but they picked the right actress to pull it off. Claudia has a lot of talent.

Funny bit at the beginning with MS mimicking Vala. But it turned serious pretty quickly, which was appropriate I suppose. I can totally see why they didn't use MS as Vala more; that would have diluted the impact of Vala telling her story.

I liked the actor who play Tomin a lot ; he was well cast. I figure he's a goner, though.

Also liked the toned down, more serious Vala. Except for the "I always wanted to get in Daniel's pants..." line I didn't cringe once. And I don't care if it's an unlikely fork in this character's development - I'm just happy to see a little more depth there.

I thought there would be a little more action when the underground resistance's sabotage plan was thwarted. Kind of anticlimatic when Vala announced..."well the plan didn't work".

I continue to find the Ori more interesting and menacing when they're offscreen.

The magical Ori-baby thing isn't doing much for me so far, except for wondering "why Vala?" Is there going to be a reason they chose her or was she just in the right place at the right time?.....i.e. the new regular on SG-1.
          At another forum I found quite interesting theory on this subject, here it is:

"i think it's because vala was once a host to a goauld symbiote and still has the naquada in her system which makes her able to use the technology the goauld took from the ascended originally. vala will pass this naquada to her unborn child and adria will be able to use that technology and have a human form. i think it might also be because vala might still have the genetic memories of the goauld.

in crusade vala said she was known as the woman who fell from the sky. what if she was briefly ascended and then was sent back to mortal form with an ori inside of her recreating a mortal form for themselves. it would be a great way for them to hide from the other ascended, by living in a developing human body."

As for "pants" quote, exact quote was: "It's funny, Daniel always wanted to get in my pants and now I'm in his"

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
            A

As for "pants" quote, exact quote was: "It's funny, Daniel always wanted to get in my pants and now I'm in his"
            ROFL! i forgot about that part! I love Vala!

I agree, Claudia Black is a very good actress. she really carried the
            show, the show was pretty much her. I also think she
            looked spectacular for being that far along in her pregancy. I am
            really looking forward to seeing more of her in the next season.

I don't know if anyone caught it, but there is a serious FarScape
            reference in the EP as well. From PeaceKeeper Wars. I love
            it that the writers aren't afraid to talk about and reference
            other shows. they seem to revel in it. Makes for a lot of fun for
            us viewers.
            WraithyPuff

Feel like slackin', read some fan fic.
            "It's actually safe to create a universe in your basement."
            Alan Guth, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, On M Theory

Comment

"Darth Vader."

.......................... Best. Line. Ever

Even better than anything Jack ever said.

Comment

really?!, how did that work out?

lol

Comment

I've never had to pause the TV so I could laugh for anything Jack said.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak
                    "Darth Vader."

.......................... Best. Line. Ever

Even better than anything Jack ever said.

That was HILARIOUS. You just here mitchell say "There is one" and Teal'c just interupts with "Darth Vader" and I just started DYING. Valas like "really" and Teal'c just gives the "mmm" response. SO classic, one of those lines I'll remember when im old.

Comment

loved this episode, except i wanted the episode to have ended with the ori ships taking off and heading towards the supergate in their galaxy. anyway forget that cos next week we see them in action

Comment

I loved this episode xD

Comment

I'll let my husband say all that's necessary on Crusade. Passing through the room as I watched, he glanced at the TV, stopped and commented: "Is it my imagination or is this show turning into Xena?"

Nuff said.

Albion
                          Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Why God Wy Did We Give Them A Daeddy Class Ship Why??????

Comment

Hmm, A Daedalas Class Ship or completely give up the Gate. Hmmm, we can build more F-304's, but Stargates we're in short supply right now. Which do you think was the better trade?
                              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I have a question: Why was the General Landry so afraid that Russia took our original Stargate which they only took, because of a finder keepers, loser weepers technicallity?

Didn't SG-1 recovered 12 stargates, most of them from planets unhabitable, therefore usless on that planet? What happen to those stargates? The one from planets with civilazation, I know must have been returned, but the other planets, didn't need them, so they must be on Area 51 in a hangar or something! And can be used on SGC,
                                "I am Kal-El of Krypton, it is time to fulfill my destiny"

Comment

Working...
                                X