The Scourge (917)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dani347
    That was my thought, and I have to say I hate it. Everytime the Ori are mentioned, or the Ori do something, or someone makes reference to something the Ori have said, I have to wonder exactly why tptb are so pissed off at religion.
    Um... seasons 1-8. System Lords. Pretending to be Gods. That's just as bad as the Ori, except that in their case, they are Gods.

Bugs crawling out of someone's mouth is one of the most disgusting things ever.
    Does that give the episode a negative mark?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
      Um... seasons 1-8. System Lords. Pretending to be Gods. That's just as bad as the Ori, except that in their case, they are Gods.
      Um, season 1-8 I saw a clear distinction in the fact that the Goa'uld were pretending. Plus, I never heard the Goa'uld preaching. Feel free to disagree, but my opinion stands.

Does that give the episode a negative mark?
      It gives that scene a disgusting mark.
      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
        That was C4? The explosions look a bit wimpy for C4 to me, given the size of the packs... any explosives experts here who can correct me?
        My previously admitted ignorance showing! I meant whatever plastic explosives they placed around the field station. C-4 is the only one I've ever heard of, so I used that name. I'm open to being educated on the subject.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by LoveYouBaby
          It sucked cos it seem like the French were treated badly. I don't think it was intentional, the French has always been individualistic, proud people! But in the eyes of the US (and the Government), well... they had to bash the French somehow.
          Yo - American here - mom's side is French decent and I was offended. Not only the characterization was insulting and so very cliche. Just another result of the abysmal writing.
          sigpic
          Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
          My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng

Now, about the story... WHY DID THEY BLOW UP THE F-302's? That could have been a wonderful escape not involving beaming. But no, they blow it up 5 minutes after suggesting it, and revert to beaming them out at the last second, AGAIN. It's not good when beaming out is used in 2 episodes when the ship involved has only been around for as many episodes. Will they beam out every episode now? Maybe we can start having a pool, wagering on when they will beam out in each episode.
            cause then they'd have to deal with the plot hole of the 302 being a 2 seater and of the 8 people on that planet, only 3 of them are pilots (cam, sam and teal'c)

which means either folks woulda been sitting on others laps or 2 of them woulda have to say behind
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              cause then they'd have to deal with the plot hole of the 302 being a 2 seater and of the 8 people on that planet, only 3 of them are pilots (cam, sam and teal'c)

which means either folks woulda been sitting on others laps or 2 of them woulda have to say behind
              Might have added some depth or angst though if that's all they had...rather than the "beam me up and we all win" scenario.

What if there had been no science station 10k away? What if all they had on their side were the F302s?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

How many people does an F302 sit? And, how many planes were on the planet? And, would they have 2 pilots in one, with one for backup, or would both be flying the plane at the same time?

I'm horribly ignorant about this kind of thing.
                I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                  I think it was "How long do you think they can hold back the bugs?"
                  the answer?

for the rest of your life

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                    Might have added some depth or angst though if that's all they had...rather than the "beam me up and we all win" scenario.

What if there had been no science station 10k away? What if all they had on their side were the F302s?
                    then they shoulda got into them first, just as teh bugs were over running the base and evaced everyone to the far side of the planet instead of hanging out trying to squash all the bugs on their own

course then they woulda had to deal wtih a much larger cast/crew and there'd be no reason to shoot all those guns and stuff

sigpic

Comment

the answer?

for the rest of your life

Comment

How many people does an F302 sit? And, how many planes were on the planet? And, would they have 2 pilots in one, with one for backup, or would both be flying the plane at the same time?

two, no idea how many and usually there's a front seat and back seat, but like we saw in covenant, the person in the back seat doesn't have to be a pilot. the craft only needs one at a time

course, if they'd had a puddle jumper or shuttle, that coulda worked

hey, they coulda taken a PJ and then homaged Galileo 7 instead of Mummy

sigpic

Comment

2 people per F-302, 2 F-302's (Mitchell and Teal'c can't fly back more than 2)

Total capacity 4

Number of people 8

It'd take 3 trips (2 pilots, 6 to be transports besides, 2 open spots for travel)

At least one trip would leave 2 IOA members alone without a member of SG-1 defending

Ideally, the first trip would take 2 IOA members since the destination should be safe from bugs. The next two trips could be 2 IOA followed by 2 SG-1, or two sets of 1 IOA 1 SG-1. The second would keep communication and military (or at least Daniel) presence with both groups for the greatest period of time. All this assumes nothing crazy happens at the "safe" destination. Then there's just the problem of getting off the planet.

It could have been a good plan, and filled with it's own issues without playing the Oddessy beam-out-at-last-second card (though a beam out would have still been necessary to leave the planet, but I could have dealt with that)
                          Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by AndyStargateUK
                            Daniel didn't tell anyone else about what the Chinese diplomat at the end in the breifing , he also disagreed with Mitchell over the gate treaty, does he sympathise with the Chinese situation?

spoilers for s10

hmm.... might this be the
                            Spoiler:
                            controversial arc for daniel in season 10? maybe he defects to the chinese stargate program?

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              spoilers for s10

hmm.... might this be the
                              Spoiler:
                              controversial arc for daniel in season 10? maybe he defects to the chinese stargate program?

sally
                              Spoiler:
                              I believe it's Daniel turning Shol'va because of Ori influence... potentially
                              scarimor

Comment

Mitchell said they'd ferry them to a safe place. Meaning they'd take some, then go back and collect the others.

No plot hole.

Comment

Working...
                                X