No announcement yet.

The Scourge (917)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yucky bugs. But I loved the fact they were going to watch Starship Troopers on movie night.
    sigpic

Comment

I don't like bugs. Bugs coming out of dead people are even worse.

This episode made me think how I would react if I found myself is such a situation and I fear I would embarrass myself.
      Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

What a great episode this one was. I haven't watched it in quite some time. I am going to have to pop in the Season 9 DVD very soon.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

What the heck is wrong with everyone? Bugs are cool! Seriously, has anyone around here ever studied them, even just casually or for a little while? Some of the most interesting creatures on the planet!

My LiveJournal post
          I love this episode, although the fact that I've been playing through a carnivorous predator game of Spore and also that my current creatures look like giant ants and are pretty much dominating the planet may have had a tiny bit of an influence on some of this review...
          "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
          "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
          "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
          "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
          >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

I watched again today and i still don't like bugs.

Sorry, Jae'a.
            Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

I have a couple of those bugs....they're not as scary up close....

Loved this episode....if only for Robert Picardo's "Woolsey Comedy Run" to the safe hut near the end...totally hilarious and perfect for the character imho...

Deeds xx
              sigpic
              Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
              MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

DANIEL: So! We, uh, still doing movie night?
                CARTER: Yeah, why not?
                MITCHELL: Good. I've already picked something out.
                TEAL'C: 'Old School'.
                MITCHELL: 'Starship Troopers'.
                TEAL'C: Is it humorous?
                MITCHELL: Is it ever.

Wolsey's "comedy run", I agree that was hilarious, also the bit where Mitchell tells the French guy about the 'Tree Ferrets' and Wolsey runs off not to be last.

I like this episode, it's just good old fashioned SG-1 fun! Adventure, humour and buuuugs!

Comment

Thought it was kind of a boring episode.

Glad all the IOA rep survived (including the Chinese representative ).

Tomorrow, a retread of a Season 3 (mmm, yep, Season 3) episode.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
                    I watched again today and i still don't like bugs.

Sorry, Jae'a.
                    Meh, used to it.. still don't understand it though...
                    "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                    >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Not the best ep imo. Had some funny lines though.

I'm definitely not bothered by bugs though. But Starship Troopers is one of my all time favourite movies
                      sigpic

Comment

Right...

1. Ah...the one with the IOA and the bugs.

2. WArped image alert with the bugs!

3. Michael Ironside...remember him from SEaquest 2032.

4. French guy was a moron.

5. China thing was interesting.

OK filler
                        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I actually kind of like this episode, mainly because of Sam's annoyance with the IOA members. It's not often that we see her display her annoyance like that.

Her attitude change is kind of cute - when she goes from quite amused (when she & Woolsey are going up the ramp to the gate):
                          RW: Just to clarify; I'm going to be disassembled at the molecular level, then reassembled on the other side.
                          Sam: That's right.
                          RW: And the chances of my being reassembled incorrectly ...
                          Sam: Highly unlikely.
                          RW: But not impossible.
                          Sam: That's a word I stopped using nine years ago when I joined the Stargate programme.

and then totally annoyed with all of them because she's not 'sugar coating' her responses to them and telling them that it'll all be okay:
                          "Mr. Woolsey, if I could go back in time -- which, admittedly is an opportunity I am occasionally presented with -- I would have made sure that we left the base as scheduled but the reality is for the time being we are stuck here, trapped in this cave, surrounded by predatory insects with no way to get to the Stargate. Now I'm sorry but I'm going to have a hard time mustering up a convincing pep-talk, all things considered."

It's nice to see Woolsey redeem himself when he gets the other whiners to back off and let Sam work when she's trying to get the communications device at the research station to work.

Cam's quip to the French guy about the tree ferrets was cute as well.
                          sigpic

Comment

One of the few (two?) eps I enjoyed in S9. And I *hate* bugs.
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Another miss. Its a boring episode for me. SG1 running from Ori bugs does little to interest me. I don't really see the motivation of the Ori sending out these bugs unlike when the Ori unleashed a plague. That part at least made sense. And while the IOA stuff had a little foreshadowing of things to come their whinning got annoying real fast. I just can't think of anything that interesting about this episode. It just kind of plays through the motions and nothing awe inspiring is in this episode
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

The idea of this episode was ok but I didn't like the execution. You have these bugs that start off as surface bugs but then change into tunneling bugs. The bugs attack one guy that was standing still but didn't attack tealc and Mitchell when they were standing still. The last thing I thought was bad was a entire base gets destroyed but the show ends on a joke. No respect for the dead I guess.

This was also a copy of another episode but replace bugs with replicators. With all the bad points I didn't hate it but I didn't like it either. They played it to safe with this episode, it was all paint by numbers.

Comment

Working...
                                X