No announcement yet.

The Scourge (917)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about the people who are watching the madness? Knowing that it's just a matter of time before they die? Unless they bow down to the Ori, of course.

Seems to be a pretty good motivator to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
      The bugs were stupid. What were the Ori trying to accomplish with the bugs? With the virus, the people suffer over time and become more likely to capitulate. With the bugs, the people don't even have time to starve before the bugs eat them.
      Actually, they said towards the beginning of the episode that normally the bugs would eat and then die shortly afterwards. They only became long-living and carnivorous when they were kept from eating in the first place. Sounds like the plan is starve the people, and it the people are capable of preventing the bug, then eat the people. It's a good way to weed out people like the SGC who start poking around with the bug too much.
      Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
        What about the people who are watching the madness? Knowing that it's just a matter of time before they die? Unless they bow down to the Ori, of course.

Seems to be a pretty good motivator to me.
        Indeed! I know seeing that go on around me would sure motivate my a** to bow down to the Ori. I'd be all "Hallowed are the Ori.." and stuff real fast.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by nccjones
          Mitchell really made me angry again in the beginning when he and Daniel were arguing in the hall and he pretty much told Daniel that his idea's were wrong because he is "always right".
          I'd like to take Mitchell and toss hm backwards through a wormhole. I really really don't like him at all. A hot-headed lunatic like that has no business leading the #1-- heck, he has no business leading any team.
          Dana Jeanne
          Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Well, I don't expect this to change people's minds about Mitchell (and I'm not trying to) and I don't think people who found the scene annoying will find it any less annoying, but I just wanted to clarify. Mitchell didn't say he was "always right." He said that he didn't want to talk about it anymore, he was right. This time. Which, was a very poor defense, and Daniel reacted appropriately. Just a sarcastic comment about how good his argument was. I don't think it deserved any more attention than that. But, I don't think it meant that he thinks Daniel's wrong in general, or he's right all the time. Just that in this particular case he disagreed.

Again, not that it doesn't mean that people shouldn't find that irritating if they do.
            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I took it as a joke to (playfully) annoy Danny.

I do it all the time to my friends.

Comment

Two words....

Starship Troopers
                Und was ich sar war Menschlichkeit...

Und was ich sar war Dummheit
                Menschlicher Neigung entsprechend
                Tiersches Verhalten

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay,
                Vicious

Comment

Update on the Chinese interchange:

Shen: Your Chinese is supposed to be quite good.
                  Daniel: Not as good as your English.
                  Shen: Of course. What about him? (looking at Mitchell)
                  Daniel: We are still teaching him.
                  (Both laugh.)
                  Cameron: Yeah, that's very funny. Go to hell.

Comment

Not a terrific episode, but better than a lot of season nine episodes have been.

Sam has usually carried a zat as her side-arm, ever since season two. How come all of a sudden in this episode Sam is carrying a Baretta as her sidearm?

In "Stronghold," both Sam and Cam had zats as their sidearms.

Would have been interesting to see what effect the zat might have had on the bugs, but alas, they weren't carrying Zats for THIS episode, so we didn't get to find out.

The French committee member was seen in another episode too..."Fourth Horsemen, Part 2" I think (at the conference table with Landry and others).

Interesting conversation with the Chinese committee member and Daniel. Has China unconvered their own Gate -- or created one themselves?

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
                      Not a terrific episode, but better than a lot of season nine episodes have been.

Sam has usually carried a zat as her side-arm, ever since season two. How come all of a sudden in this episode Sam is carrying a Baretta as her sidearm?

Would have been interesting to see what effect the zat might have had on the bugs, but alas, they weren't carrying Zats for THIS episode, so we didn't get to find out.
                      Again, this is just me speculating, but it could be just for show. I mean, if the IOA (or whatever they're called) start seeing weapons technology like the Chinese woman wanted to, they'd be far more interested in the zats than in what they were meant to see. Theyd ask a lot of questions about how come they don't share the technology with them.

Comment

My take on the episode...

1. The Mummy all over again.... *sigh*
                        2. Few good lines (especially the one by Landry about the baby-sitting)
                        3. We had a gamma-site...luckily the greek alphabet has lots of letters left...
                        4. Bugs who clone themselves...cause wow they multiply really fast...a little too fast to remain believable...

5. About the Ori using this as means to make people bow to them, I personally would prefer death then to live in fear under these so-called all-mighty powerful beings.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

the british guy hardly said a word he should have talked more and how typical that the french guy is the coward

Comment

OK, people need to stop compaining so much. OK, so they kinda already did something like this in "Metamorphosis", but this was still vastly different. This episode had no parallels to "The Mummy" whatsoever other than that they were bugs of some kind that eats flesh. And how many movies/TV shows haven't used that plot?

And the thing about "re-hashing": So you expect a show that's nearing the end of its 9th season in 2006 to have original plotlines that no one has ever ever seen before in any form? Get real.

Although, I, as usual, figured out the most of the plot beforehand as the episode progressed. I didn't get the spoliers, so I didn't even know the episode's name. "Ouh, bugs. What are the chances of them becoming meat eaters, incubating inside someone and coming out of their mouth sometime later?" "'It bit him! Eggs!" "One guard standing at the entrance. A guest star we've never ever seen before. What are the chances of we finding out he's 'infected' by seeing something crawling beneath his skin?" and of course the extremely obvious things like "Dead guy's foot's moving. Bugs!" and "The Odyssey will beam them out at the last second.". I'm so sick and tired of last second saves right before people are supposed to die. They are so predictable and overused.

All in all, this was a very solid episode. Good acting, good plot and nice foreshadowing for the impending doom.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
                              Again, this is just me speculating, but it could be just for show. I mean, if the IOA (or whatever they're called) start seeing weapons technology like the Chinese woman wanted to, they'd be far more interested in the zats than in what they were meant to see. Theyd ask a lot of questions about how come they don't share the technology with them.
                              I hadn't thought of that, but that's a very good point. Very good. It would make perfect sense, and fits in well with the general sub-theme of the mistrust between the SGC and China.

Comment

Originally posted by morjana

The French committee member was seen in another episode too..."Fourth Horsemen, Part 2" I think (at the conference table with Landry and others).

Interesting conversation with the Chinese committee member and Daniel. Has China unconvered their own Gate -- or created one themselves?

Morjana
                                If the hapless scientists had gotten to the bugs with three blasts of a zat we would have been spared this horror.
                                sigpic
                                Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                                My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Working...
                                X