Ethon (915)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    Every time I watch this episode, I come to appreciate it more and more. IMO, it was one of the finest of Season 9.
    I completely agree, Ethon was one of the season's best written eps (it and Beachead are the top). It was sad, but not poor. (in writing or acting)
    sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Prometheus!

I loved this episode, beautifully done and stuff but sad indeed. I would have loved to see Prometheus and Korolev join Odyssey at the battle of P3Y-229. Oh my poor Prometheus!

Comment

True... I would have loved to see them all side by side... I am actually surprised there was only the one X303..

Comment

Just watched this during a rerun..I can't believe they let the ship get destroyed. They sat around for five minutes saying..."Uh what do we do George, what do we do...." And then they get blown to pieces. And they should have destroyed the satellite when they had the chance. Even if they could build another one, at least it would have taken them a year. And the Daniel captured in the prison cell was way to abrupt for me. Major plot holes all around..........

Comment

Originally posted by SgaIsBad View Post
            Just watched this during a rerun..I can't believe they let the ship get destroyed. They sat around for five minutes saying..."Uh what do we do George, what do we do...." And then they get blown to pieces. And they should have destroyed the satellite when they had the chance. Even if they could build another one, at least it would have taken them a year. And the Daniel captured in the prison cell was way to abrupt for me. Major plot holes all around..........

The things you have described are not plot holes in any way whatsoever, they are just things you didn't agree with.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
              I completely agree, Ethon was one of the season's best written eps (it and Beachead are the top). It was sad, but not poor. (in writing or acting)
              While I might not agree with those two being at the top, I definitely agree that they're both excellent. This episode stands as a fine hour in the backlog for me, and I was nearly in tears when Pendergast and the Prometheus kicked the bucket.
              If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Funny.... in the last scene, Mitchell places a can of beer in front of Daniel, and then sits back and opens his own can. They talk for a minute about the sad state of the planet they'd been on, and finally, Mitchell sums it up with "Rough day." Daniel sighs and agrees "Rough day." he picks up his beer can & brings it to his lips, seemingly drinking from it. Funny thing is,... he never opened it.

Comment

Originally posted by jyh View Post
                  Funny.... in the last scene, Mitchell places a can of beer in front of Daniel, and then sits back and opens his own can. They talk for a minute about the sad state of the planet they'd been on, and finally, Mitchell sums it up with "Rough day." Daniel sighs and agrees "Rough day." he picks up his beer can & brings it to his lips, seemingly drinking from it. Funny thing is,... he never opened it.

Mitchell opened it.
                  Meh...

Comment

Granted I only saw this episode once when it first aired but I remember disliked this episode intensely. Possibly because I'd already been spoiled on the big event by people's RIP Prommie sigs.

But it seemed to me that the entire episode was based around one thing: We have to kill the Prometheus to make way for new flashier 304 to come in and be the new hero ship.

I'm sorry but the Odyssey just does not cut it. I wanted to see the Prommie and Deadelus fight side by side at least once.
                    sigpic
                    Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
                      I wanted to see the Prommie and Deadelus fight side by side at least once.
                      Me too, although I have to admit that Prometheus' destruction kicked so much a** that I might be willing to possibly, maybe, let it slide.
                      sigpic
                      Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Good episode. I remember on first viewing thinking "oh no not the Rand and Caledonians again" (yawn), glad I was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ShippyChick View Post
                          Why did they let him through the gate? Don't they know he is a Cylon?
                          my hero
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Just watched this and... oy. Not my cup of tea, I'm afraid.

Comment

Not bad but not great.
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh well, at least we won't hear from the Rand or the Caledonians ever again. A depressing episode if there ever was one.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X