No announcement yet.

Stronghold (914)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alien Tech left in a hospital? Without a guard? No way!

Too much crammed into this ep.
    sigpic

Comment

UGH, it was discussed quite clearly that this hospital is not a run-of-the-mill place, it's basically where they send all the SGC personell that are severely injured that can't be kept in the SGC infirmary. It has access to off-world technologies and such, and the doctors have clearance. Remember when the doctor mentioned to Mitchell that "he managed to get Fergusson in there, but he didn't get Fergusson clearance?"

Comment

Oh yeah, the people at that hospital were probably all used to dealing with at least some Stargate-related stuff. So Cam leaving the device with his buddy was no big deal.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Cam is HOT in this episode

Comment

How many times has teal'c been through torture now?
            sigpic

Comment

I've just watched this episode on DVD and really loved it. Particularly, I thought that out of all the episodes so far in Season 9, it felt the most like one of the older SG-1 episodes. For example:

1. You've got a Goa'uld torturing Teal'c.
              2. You've got a big fire-fight between SG-1 and some bad Jaffa.
              3. You've got lots of explosions, mostly caused by gliders and Al'kesh.
              4. You've got Bra'tac doing his "He is deceiving you!" routine, which I absolutely love, especially when he calmly says, "Why do you lie to my face?"
              5. You've got rings.
              6. You've got a single Ha'tak (and it's sitting on a pyramid!).

Anyway, it was a great episode and I always love seeing Baal again. I especially loved the way he finally came out and said, "OK, maybe we did take that whole "Gods" thing a bit too far!"

I don't know about everyone else, but now that Baal's interested in stopping the Ori, it would've been interesting to actually have him become an ally. I mean, maybe not 100% trustworthy, but at least a lot more helpful like in "Reckoning Part 2". I think it would've introduced a good new dynamic as someone who you're never quite sure whether you can trust him or not. I know it probably wouldn't have been an idea everyone would've liked, but I just thought it would've been interesting and another sign of how much things have changed over the course of the series. I mean, it's obvious (especially from my above quote) that neither Baal nor any of the other remaining Goa'uld are really any threat these days nor do they even think they are themselves now the Ori are around. So I guess it's a little disappointing that this episode saw Baal wanting to help, but still doing the "bad guy" routine and torturing/brainwashing Jaffa.

BTW, if anyone replies to this post, please bear in mind I have yet to see any episodes after this one. I know Baal turns up in at least one more episode, but I'd still rather not know anything about what happens. Thanks in advance.
              sigpic

Comment

I agree about Ba'al. I do believe we had a common enemy and could have teamed up to try to defeat them. It would have been interesting, too. I read somewhere where some people didn't believe Ba'al; that he was using that idea to gain something else. However, I do feel Ba'al was being sincere about working together. Ba'al has plans and they can't work if the Ori get a foothold on Earth or in this galaxy. As for working with Ba'al? I guess we've forgotten the "Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer" axiom.

Comment

I loved the ground combat on this episode,very big action on the 4 scene.....especially Teal'cs not give up warrior attitude.
                  A well respected member of:

http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/
                  Check out my newest made forum!

http://forum.hopto.org/board/index.php

Comment

It was great to see a good old fashoined Jaffa rumble outside Baal's base, that was fantastic. But apart from that, this ep didn't really go anywhere. I think it was meant to develop more of Mitchell's character but...

Basically.
                    1. Teal'c's Kidnapped.
                    2. Mitchell goes to save him.
                    3. They both come back.
                    4. Oh dear, Mitchell's old best buddy dies.
                    5. The End.
                    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Interesting ep good to see a Ball lol (pun intended) storyline again.
                      Great to see Baal trying to takeover the JN this will be great future watching as JN have 2 threats Baal and the Ori.

I feel that Mitchells dying friend bit was unnesscary, just there to fill in time (it was 11.30pm when it started so forgive me for thinking it was unrelated)

I'm glad Landry has the same "leave no one behind" mentality that O'Neill had.
                      Good to see Bra'tac and Teal'c working together.

Overall 7.75 / 10 (needed more substance)

Comment

Ive read most of this thread and havent seen this pointed out (some posts were just a bit long to read every one in entireity)

the Haktyl, was superman!! (she was Kal'el)
                        Don't put jam on a magnet

my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle

Comment

LOL! Yeah, I think someone referred to that in a commentary, either for this episode or another. I think they said that they deliberately moved the apostrophe so it would be slightly different.
                          sigpic

Comment

I caught the end of this episode on Sci-Fi the other day and Teal'c's last line really struck me as interesting. When Mitchell asks how Teal'c withstood the brainwashing, Teal'c replies:

"To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important."

Obviously the line ties in with Mitchell's recent self-reflection, hence Mitchell's reply ("Yeah, I'm working on it"). And Mitchell has already admitted that he is impatient, tends to "lose control," and that he's afraid of screwing up "again." All of that goes a long way to supporting my impression that Mitchell is very aware of his own failings (which is one of many reasons that I like him).

Still, that line wasn't the kind of thing I expected to hear from Teal'c (Oma Desala, yes. Teal'c, no). But I do think it's a nice connection to Threshold from season 5 when Teal'c goes through the right of Malsharan. Most of what we see there is a reexamination of the defining moments in Teal'c's life. Basically, what makes him who he is.

Even apart from the context of Stargate, I just think that line is philosophically interesting. And it certainly made me think. That's one of the reasons I love character-driven episodes like this one... there's always something I notice when I'm re-watching, either something I hadn't noticed before or just something that makes me stop and think.
                            Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                            Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Its sad how Mitchels friend dies

Comment

Originally posted by Anda View Post
                                Its sad how Mitchels friend dies
                                It's that he got told about SGC when it was none of his business, yet Jacob wouldn't have ebeen told if they had not needed him for the Tok'ra and he was a Major General Fcol and Sam's father not a mere friend..

Comment

Working...
                                X