No announcement yet.

Babylon (908)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So they took the Jaffa guy back to the SGC, removed his dying/dead symbiote, and put him on tretonin.

Then he goes back through the gate emptyhanded. How exactly does he expect to survive?
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The Sodan will get him another symbiote

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
        In which episode has it ever said that once you are on tritonin that you can stop taking it and replace it with another symbiote?

Comment

Originally posted by Baz
          In which episode has it ever said that once you are on tritonin that you can stop taking it and replace it with another symbiote?
          Why wouldn't you be able too.

If a symbiote can stop the ancient disease then why not work on taking the body back from tretonin?
          I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

I think when one of the jaffa women was dieing because of a tretonin "reaction" Dr Frasier was going to put the symbiot back but the Jaffa woman didnt let her until it was "too late"... So that sort of implies that you can go back to symbiot if you want, but I dont think it has been shown conclusively one way or the other, the jaffa woman may have died either way.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

This is my first post on Gateworld but have been lurking for ages. I just wanted to congratulate the creative team for the season so far and for gradually introducing Mitchell to the show. I like the relatively subtle way he has been written into the show and how the others have started to accept him.

I enjoyed Babylon for several reasons - some thunking and some creative. The Thunk reasons are no doubt obvious for those other fans of Ben Browder - thanks Ben . One minor critcism I think most men would have wandered over to that window BEFORE putting on that shirt - it was a nice warm day.

Creatively I enjoyed the simple take on this story of capture, winning over the enemy and then twisting the death scene. I must confess that I fell asleep during the Cruise version of the Last Samarai so have no comment re comparisons plus have no memory of seeing the original Trek ep so was totally surprised by the twist at the end. It has been fun to read other poster's comments on the comparison to these other stories.

I did like the subtle style Mitchell used to win over his opponent. Nice physical performance by both actors in the training scenes.The little scene introducing the next evil Prior was well done. The scenes at SGC emphasized how important Mitchell has become to them - in spite of the ongoing political intrigues from TPTB in government. Sam immediately took charge when Mitchell disappeared - nice touch. I see the team is together - just not the same as with Jack around.

I found Dr Lam's attitude quite realistic for an exhausted, stressed out Doctor just finishing major surgery. I am not sure how she learned to operate on aliens - but then Lee was paralyzed so she had to move in without much support.

Lots introduced here that will be coming back to visit both Mitchell and the rest of the team later I imagine.

Great thread so far about the episode - thanks to all the others posting so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
                That was nice although I am so over the Jaffa storyline. I find it terribly dull.
                you and I deffinetly differ in opinions here. This Jaffa storyline has been something i've been waiting for since Season 8
                It feels good to be alive.
                Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

I thought this episode was a good one, not great by any means but good. It did well for Mitchell's character, and i have always liked the Jaffa Storyline.

I immediately saw this is Stargate The Last Samurai, but then again, this concept was definately made before the last Samurai (though that's likely where TPTB got it from). Either way it has always been a concept i have really enjoyed, the only minus is that sam could have been in it more, maybe show her working on the Teleportation device or the cloaks, which will most likely come into play in future episodes.

Either Way Good Episode - 7/10

Comment

I know they've never stated you couldn't go back to having a symbiote. Its just that no one has wanted to until now, being "free" from the goa'uld is afterall most Jaffa's goal.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Now that i am cut off from the world (aka my tv.) It takes me awhile to see the episodes, so before you say anything yes i realize im a little slow on the uptake.

The only comment i have to make is that, this movie oddly reminded me of "The Last Samurai, and after reading the comment above me i realize im not the only person who thought so.

I midly enjoyed, though nothing stood out to me as profound, articulate, character developing...but it was better than doing calc homework.

Lizbeth
                      das haus ist gelb. ich liebe gelb!!

MySpace

Comment

Daniel in a black bandanna. Oh. Yeah. The highlight of the episode for me. It pleases me that he color coordinates his bandannas to his uniforms.

Mitchell in a backwards cap chewing gum and imitating Teal'c. LOL!

I'm thinking the warriors of the Sodan have carpal tunnel because they're wearing those wrist splints, right? Perhaps they should cut back on the training just a tad.

Ben does whumped pretty well. Poor Mitchell. I think they kind of rushed the ending a bit.

William B. Davis as a Prior. Someone please find the X-Files joke in there cause it's eluded me so far.

Lisa Michelle

Comment

Besides, the the only illeffect we've been told of is that is perminant surpresses one immune system. If you lose it when you mature anyway, then there's no reason a symbiot couldn't handle the job again.
                          'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

I'm still reading this thread and it doesn't look like I'll catch up before the next episode airs, so for those keeping track, I loved it! I would have liked it better if Mitchell had more interaction with the team this early in his "introduction", but I loved it anyway.

Comment

<I haven't had chance to read all the thread so I apologise for any rehashing of previous posters thoughts>

Ok......only just seen the episode and now I wish I hadn't........it needs to be thrown into the "kawoosh" next time the gate opens and sent to oblivion.

Oh alright......I liked the Sodan's little baby staff weapons but otherwise it seemed just a "filler" episode to me. What is it with Jaffa and having honour fights in villages anyway?? And yet another gravelly voiced Jaffa leader!!

I love Stargate as much as the next GateWorlder but I was disappointed by this episode so much. The Sodan are a great concept but seemingly wasted in this ep, I hope they do come back but not as Ori worshipping villians.......they are worth more than that. But a new (well, very very old actually) Goa'uld to add to the list.......Ishkur, a Sumerian storm god!

Nice to see a bit more of Mitchell though, its about time he got a bit more development.......but chewing gum and drawling on??? BB can do better. And the "that's what I'm talkin' 'bout" line is getting tired now!!

Jeez......I've never been so negative on here before, what's this ep done to me??!!!!!!!

Lets hope that the next couple of episodes rock and make me forget about this one.
                              Last edited by PrimalAscended; 18 September 2005, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                                That bothers me. When there were System Lords with loyal Jaffa, the Sodan had enemies to exploit for replacement symbiotes. Now? They would have to attack mostly peaceful Jaffa. Would they?

The Ori presence, now that I think on it, makes these isolated Jaffa more inclined to see other Jaffa ("non-believers") as lesser and therefore to be destroyed. Well, here's a symbiote...? Will the Ori want them dependent on anything other than their largess? (They could cure the Jaffa of symbiote dependency, but just as easily take the cure back, as they did in Origin.) Hard to say whether Gerak and the injured Sodan brother look down on newly freed Jaffa because of the Ori or because they were so long in rising up to gain their freedom. In any case, at least some of the Sodan will find preying on other Jaffa distasteful now, be it Ori or Gerak's leadership. Interesting plot layout.

Hmm. Will the new rebels make an alliance with the remainder of the Tok'Ra? (I think someone said that already, sorry I can't give props.)

Just sayin'.
                                MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                                sigpic
                                Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Working...
                                X