No announcement yet.

Beachhead (906)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new Favourite of the season this ep felt like an original SG1 episode loved every minute of it minus the ads.

Great to see Carter she was fantastic as was Vala and J O'Neill's ph call at the start.

Neros & Gen Landry were really funny talking about food.

Cool Supergate, I wonder what was on the other side??????

BTW my rating 10/10

Comment

Quite liked the ep. Good, but not great by any measure.
      Amanda Tapping seemed a bit out of practise post pregnancy. I found her quite wooden in the ep.
      It was like she was reading cue cards off stage. Very strange.

Comment

I really enjoyed the episode....glad to see carter back...cant wait till she gets back into the full swing of things...and that phone call with jack was funny.
        Liked how Vala 'sacrificed' herself, i am really enjoying her character!
        -thanks Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel

Thanks Camy!!

Comment

My brother thinks that this is the best episode in season nine, I am inclined to disagree but I did like it.
          I love the scene when they discover the Supergate, and they're all shocked out of their faces.
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Anyone notice the staff blasts were red..

Comment

This epsiode hold the SG1 record for having the most special FX in the series: 37 minutes of special FX.
              Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

That's including scenes where there are SFX and real action, right? I mean, it's not all total SFX scenes like those in space?

Comment

No Shades ?

At one moment, when Nerous is eating grapes, he says "no shades? how is that possible" with a surprised tone. Then Daniel says "It's a state secret, but we're willing to negotiate"..
                  I don't understand what he means... Can someone please tell me what "shades" are he talking about?
                  Thanks!

Comment

I think he says seeds. No seeds in the grapes.

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                      I think he says seeds. No seeds in the grapes.
                      yes, it's what would make sense.. He pronounces it strangely.
                      But the transcript i read said "shades"... I thought it meant something. Maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn View Post
                        This epsiode hold the SG1 record for having the most special FX in the series: 37 minutes of special FX.
                        Episodes last for about 42 minutes and in this episode there is alot of talking at SGC and on Prometheus so i don't know how there is 37 minutes of FX. Do you have a link about it?

On another note did anyone notice how Nerus pronounced certain names?

He called the Ori, Ohri and Jaffa, Yaffa at least that is what it sounded like. I would of thought the directors would of picked it up while filming and corrected it.

Comment

I just took it as that this guy is so pompous, he would think nothing of adding his own flare to the pronunciation of certain words or groups.
                          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I loved it at the end, when landry told him he would help them out... and nereus goes
                            "what on earth would compell me to do that"

landry- "Hunger!"

Man did he look defeated after that.

Comment

Where did the Jaffa go at the beginning?

: Green is Good.
                              sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Did they ever explain why or how that prior was breathing? Was it some sort of power coming from the Ori themselves via the open gate??

Comment

Working...
                                X