No announcement yet.

Beachhead (906)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm - a bit of a marmite episode. You either love it or you hate it...
    sigpic

Comment

I couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread so sorry if someone has already said this but did anyone else noticed that the Prommie only fired Missles when the captain missiles and rail guns. seems like they've started making the same mistakes Star Trek has been for years, or at least TNG.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

The way I understood it, it sounded like it was going to take a bit of time before the railguns were ready to fire.
        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I was really happy to finally meet one of the scientists who has given the Goa'uld such advanced tech!
          It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

I liked the episode, but I thought the first bit with the Prior using his staff to knock everyone back looked cheezy. Am I the only one? I realize its to proof the power of the Ori, but the CGI effect of them lifting up and literally disappearing into the horizon just reminded me of a bad Loony Toons cartoon.

Comment

ok this might have already been said but it there was a Black hole on the other side of the gate why was there no time dialation feild (if this is explained in other shows don't tell me)

other then that good ep really enjoyed watching it
              Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
              sigpic

Comment

The Ori may have come up with some kind of time dialation device to neutralize the effects of the dialation caused by the black hole. If the Asgard could come up with one, then the Ori definitely can, too.
                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

The Prior came through the gate a second time when the episode starts. So the point of origin from where the prior came must be in this galaxy. Daniel said "its probaly a one way trip for the priors.” Well the whole plot is that the ori are powering the gate with a black hole, later the pieces of the supergate start coming through the stargate so unless the prior has a way to go back to the ori galaxy the supergate had to come from our own galaxy. Or the prior was a different from the first one that visited their planet.
                  What do you guys think?

Comment

My bet is in their little staff of tricks that they could power the gate to get them where they are going. As you said Daniel hypothosised it was a one way trip, in no way was that a statement of fact.
                    Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by RonTheAncient
                      Daniel said "its probaly a one way trip for the priors.”
                      What do you guys think?
                      [spoiler]
                      In Origin after the SGC discovers the true intentions of the Ori, and thus the intentions of that particular Prior that came through the gate in the Milky Way Galaxy, the Prior sets himself on fire, thus killing himself.
                      After the conection was broken and Daniel along with Vala woke up, Daniel said during the briefing "its probaly a one way trip for the priors” meanning that after the Priors encounter its enemy (the SG teams) it's a matter of time the Priors death and this would make them reconsider their tactics and think twice before engaging them. Mitchell's response was something in the line "I don't think they have a problem with self sacrifice" meanning that the one-way-trip fact won't change the Ori's and their Priors in their decisiveness to convert the entire Milky Way Galaxy to their beliefs.
                      School is overrated.

Comment

yes i agree with what you said, but that was not the point i was trying to get to. i was talking more about where the supergate originated from. was it from this galaxy since this was the secound time the prior visited this world.

Comment

Originally posted by RonTheAncient
                          The Prior came through the gate a second time when the episode starts. So the point of origin from where the prior came must be in this galaxy. Daniel said "its probaly a one way trip for the priors.” Well the whole plot is that the ori are powering the gate with a black hole, later the pieces of the supergate start coming through the stargate so unless the prior has a way to go back to the ori galaxy the supergate had to come from our own galaxy. Or the prior was a different from the first one that visited their planet.
                          What do you guys think?
                          There isn't a law that says that to make a trip through the Stargate, the PoO must be in this galaxy (if that were the case, there would be no SGA) - it's just that, to make trips outside the galaxy, you must enter an 8-symbol address, and you must have a significant power source at the PoO.

The point of the black hole is that there are two of them - one at the PoO (in the Ori home galaxy), and one at the destination. With one black hole at either end, that's a LOT of power - enough to indefinitely power a stargate that's big enough to send an armada.

The reason Daniel said it was a one-way trip for the priors, as somebody already mentioned, is that the prior was on a suicide mission. Plus, there isn't really that much here that can power a trip home - ZPMs are in kind of short supply.

Personally, the only thing I'm confused about is my earlier question. So there's a black hole in the Ori home galaxy that's powering the stargate. And a black hole formed here, but the supergate was destroyed, so it all ended up being a rather pointless exercize. Vala was sucked into the black hole and through the wormhole - into the black hole at the other end. So HOW exactly does this translate into "she might be alive"???

ETA: Ah, I see what you're saying. Again, the "one-way trip for the priors" remark was probably in reference to them being on suicide missions. It's also entirely possible that this was a different prior. Or this might have been a multi-destination trip - where he had gated from the home galaxy for his first trip, made his first visit, gated to somewhere else in this galaxy to spread the world, came back to this world a second time from that other world, and then the stargate momentarily closed and the Ori opened a gate from the home galaxy again.

Many thanks to blingaway for the sig pic.

Comment

As I watch each new episode I hope that it will be the one to make me go "Yay! Stargate is back!"

Still waiting.
                            sigpic

Comment

What a shame SeaBee. I love this season. Enjoying every crazy episode. Looking forward to Season 10.
                              Sybil

Comment

an incredible episode, with an enormous tension until the end and the discovering of the Ori plan: a supergate!
                                definitely one of the best in season 9
                                Hallowed is RepliCarter!

Hallowed are the Ori...

Comment

Working...
                                X