No announcement yet.

Moebius, Part 1 (819)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All i can think of when i see Maj. Davis in the Alt. Future is evil Davis! Even though he is not evil in any way, just the mustache makes me feel like that!
    sigpic
    Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

I love catching things on a rewatch that I didn't see the first time around. This time it's when Jack offers "1908" as a year they could go back to as sort of a test run before trying to go all the way back to get the ZPM. (You may know the joke here, but I didn't).

I had a hunch and looked it up. Sure enough, that's the last time the Cubs won the World Series.

He just never gives up, does he?

Comment

i have a question, if Ra took the stargate after the rebellion in this episode, and the stargate was not discovered in egypt in the altered history, why was there still a stargate command in cheyenne mountain for alternate history sam, daniel and O'neill to come to?.

Comment

I think they had found the other one in Antarctica
          no means no, and so does pepper spray
          Sig by The Carpenter
          sigpic

Comment

IIRC, alt- Sam and Daniel alerted them to the gate in Antarctica. I'm not sure that they called the installation in Cheyenne Mountain Stargate Command. There was just a military installation down there, and once they got the stargate from Antarctica I suppose we can assume that was now going to be called Stargate Command.

Comment

It was too convenient that from SG-1 only Daniel got killed and when they time traveled only Daniel was alive.
              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

nerdy Daniel and Sam
                sigpic

Comment

I really like the way Amanda played that part, nerdy, she had it down perfectly
                  no means no, and so does pepper spray
                  Sig by The Carpenter
                  sigpic

Comment

She did!! It was so funny to see her that way
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, General Hammond is back in command! Cool.
                      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Hammond was really good in this. Loved alternate Jackson and Carter, but not O'Neill. He was just too grumpy. So now Carter, O'Neill and Teal'c have been "rebooted". I'm not quite sure I like that.
                        sigpic

Comment

I admit I have not read every post here, but I wonder what Teal'c did for Tretonin when they were stuck in the past.
                          Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                            I have a question...

How much Tretonin did Teal'c bring with him?

If they were planning on a short stay in the past...

Teal'c may be in deep doo-doo if he runs out.

I don't think the local Goa'uld pharmacy will have tretonin on hand...

Morjana
                            Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
                            He could kill a jaffa and steal his symbiote.
                            Originally posted by Madeleine View Post
                            The timeline won't like it...
                            Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
                            He's already killed one.
                            Originally posted by IMForeman View Post
                            Well, he thought ahead and brought his Mr. Tretonin Tretonimat! It can synthesize Tretonin from common items found laying around the desert.

-IMF
                            Originally posted by Replicarter View Post
                            Actualy they shot him with a zat, so he will just be a little confused when he wakes up. And maybe he does take on later on in the current timeline they are in, and added to why the future is so different.
                            Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
                            Or blag one from a nearby temple. Without a Jaffa rebellion, symbiotes can be obtained from the big gumball-machine-type shrine at the front of any convenient major temple of the Goa'uld.
                            Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
                            I admit I have not read every post here, but I wonder what Teal'c did for Tretonin when they were stuck in the past.
                            I see now I was not the first to question this. My son suggested taking symbiote from another Jaffa - that makes sense if they have to spend a lot of time back in the past.

I'm enjoying reading the comments....

Comment

Originally posted by JamSack View Post
                              the whole time travel thing is a confusing concept though.

when they went back in time, and Jack and Teal'c ended up trying to thwart Ra, hence the mucked up timeline, did Daniel have to wait around in Egypt, live out his life and die... and then be reborn again in the new timeline? Or it's kind of like Back to the Future and they go back to the time they left.. it's all weird, was it ever actually fully explained? It's just for a fanfic that I'm writing and I'm not sure how i'm goign to conclude it with the time device puddle jumper.

if you can think of something, check my fanfic out http://www.fanfiction.net/~Jamsack
                              It's called Changing the Past

Thanks
                              I think Daniel survived the failed rebellion and is the same one in both episodes. His time line continues in the past, waiting for either his death, or waiting for an alternate reality group to come back. Either way he would be ready. I don't think they need a new one. I'm researching this because I'm writing a fanfic about this episode too. It's crossed over with the Highlander universe.

Originally posted by ogboju-ode View Post
                              i have a question, if Ra took the stargate after the rebellion in this episode, and the stargate was not discovered in egypt in the altered history, why was there still a stargate command in cheyenne mountain for alternate history sam, daniel and O'neill to come to?.
                              It wasn't really a Stargate Command, just part of the airforce.

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                              It was too convenient that from SG-1 only Daniel got killed and when they time traveled only Daniel was alive.
                              I think that's the way the universe would work. You can't have two of one person at one time, so that Daniel had to die.

Comment

I wrote up a post on Moebius for my blog as part of my time-travel marathon. I also make the case that the episode is pretty much a series finale for the original incarnation of SG-1.

If you're interested, check it out!

Comment

Working...
                                X