No announcement yet.

Moebius, Part 1 (819)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would have been so boring this is about interplanetary diplomacy not timetravel.
    sigpic

Comment

Just finally saw Moebius, Part I on my local affiliate. Took me long enough, since my affiliates keep pushing SG-1 and Atlantis to late, late night runs.

Comment

[color=navy]Recently saw Moebius, Part 1, for the third time and surprisingly, I enjoyed it even more than my first two viewings. My compliments to the acting abilities of both the ever beautiful Amanda Tapping and Michael Shanks. They truly nailed their alternative personalites. Jack, well what can you say about RDA? I guess, yasureyabethca.

The writing was excelent and the direction taut. I suppose I enjoy episodes like this, because they are not only mind twisters, but the talented writers are still able to tackle a serious problem, with humor.

Am looking forward to seeing part 2, and also looking forward to seeing Threads again. As others have already mentioned, the affiliate station currently running the season has placed the episodes at very inconvenient times. Oh well....
        On fighting:
        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Annie Sheppard
          I love this ep. Most ot the time I had to laugh. It was so funny for me. They all were so amusing. In this ep you can see why they are such a great team
          I agree, such a great and funny episode. It was so fun watching the alternate Sam and Daniel, the goofy part of them.

Comment

This episode had everything one would want from an SG-1 episode - no wonder they wanted it to be the last, it was almost perfect. Apart from the fact there was a lack of Anubis.
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou
              This episode had everything one would want from an SG-1 episode - no wonder they wanted it to be the last, it was almost perfect. Apart from the fact there was a lack of Anubis.
              I agree. I would have accepted it as the last. But it's still nice to have more seasons... they're just different.

Did anyone else catch the hand-touch between Sam and Jack in the beginning at the briefing table?

It's really cute...
              my lovely avatar is courtesy of Lies, SamJackShipLover

Comment

Originally posted by SamO'Neill
                I agree. I would have accepted it as the last. But it's still nice to have more seasons... they're just different.

Did anyone else catch the hand-touch between Sam and Jack in the beginning at the briefing table?

It's really cute...
                You mean

?

I liked Moebius as an episode but it just seemed like a bit of a waste to me that they spent the last two episodes with Rick on an AU story. I think they also wasted ship on an AU,
                Spoiler:
                nice as the kiss was, they never show too many of those so it would've been nice if they could've saved it for our Sam and Jack!
                Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

this episode was so funny loved it
                  sigpic

Comment

Please excuse me if this was mentioned in the 26 previous pages, but did anyone spot any kind of chemistry between Daniel Jacksons and Katherine Langford's niece... or was I just imagining things???

Comment

I don't think you were imagining things.

Comment

She did remind me of Sarah at first..

Comment

I dont get why they didnt go back 10000 years instead to the time when the alterans went back to earth and got some zpms from them, sure we know what they think about timetravel but im sure they'd give their second generation a helping hand =)
                          Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
                          Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

I think they were looking for a sure thing... and this appeared to be about as sure as such things are!

Comment

Originally posted by Ilana View Post
                              I think they were looking for a sure thing... and this appeared to be about as sure as such things are!
                              I think so too. Given that they have solid evidence of a charged ZPM that they know they can get their hands on, why not go for it? Given our lousy track record on persuading technically advanced peoples to share their toys with us, there is simply no guarantee that the Ancients wouldn't just tell us to go away and grow up a bit first like the Tollan and the Nox did.

Besides, since the most important thing about this mission is that they interact with absolutely no one, and thus preserve the timeline that follows, it's not likely that Sam would ever have agreed to them going back to see the Ancients and asking them up front for a ZPM.

We could, or course, claim that their doing so is what has led to the timeline they've currently lived - but how do we know? The paradoxes that throws up are not something I want to contemplate before I've had my morning porridge and coffee...
                              sigpic

Comment

It would've been smarter if they had a dead ZPM or a fake replica to swap with the good one. So that nobody would notice that it was missing, which could alter the timeline in an unforseen way. I mean it was considered a valuable "jewel". If it were to go missing, there would be consequences.

Comment

Working...
                                X