No announcement yet.

Moebius, Part 1 (819)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As per usual for 2-parters, a little too slow for me, but not a bad ep.
    sigpic

Comment

Okay i love this episode i think it is great. After having everything surgically swen up in the past four episodes, and then to have sg-1 screw it up and undo all the efffort for the past eight years was just genius and that's why i love it and the ending was great with Sam and Jack it gave ship fans what they want without actually giving it to them. I do admit it was bit slow but i was hooked because i wanted know what the hell was going on and how they would put it right. basicly it had me in stiches and it end of marks the end of an era because season nine will be so different. But we can look back with fond memeories.
      McKay: I'm not crazy. I just have another consciousness in my brain.

McKay: Yeah Anubis this is your agent. You're playing it WAY over the top. Could you get serious please!!

Carter: You know you blow up one sun, and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.

McKay: Come on how offten do you get to travel to an alien planet?
      Beckett: I was already on an alien planet

Comment

Well, at the risk of being attacked, shippers aren't really happy.....because if we didn't get a happy ending in our timeline.....we didn't actually get anything.

"Threads" should have been the season finale.

Comment

My comment is simple

i couldnt stand it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was boring dull and uneventful the only good bit was in the breifing room with jack going "what!!"

Comment

I didn't really think of this until I rewatched the episode today... and I'm sure somebody thought of this and it's somewhere in the 25 pages of this thread but my question is:

Where is Ernest Littlefield? If Catherine died, shouldn't Ernest have been there? Or at least have been mentioned...

Ace
            "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
              Where is Ernest Littlefield? If Catherine died, shouldn't Ernest have been there? Or at least have been mentioned...

Ace
              Good pick up. Ernest would've been at her funeral, so perhaps he already died. Regardless, he should've been mentioned, but the writers were probably eager to move the plot along. Two-parters tend to be slow in the first half.
              SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
                Good pick up. Ernest would've been at her funeral, so perhaps he already died. Regardless, he should've been mentioned, but the writers were probably eager to move the plot along. Two-parters tend to be slow in the first half.
                Probably didn't help that the guy who played Earnest was already dead though, otherwise he's have turned up rather than Catherine's niece.
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
                  Probably didn't help that the guy who played Earnest was already dead though, otherwise he's have turned up rather than Catherine's niece.
                  Whoa you're right. According to IMDB he did on October 13, 2002 in Bountiful, Utah from complications from Alzheimer's disease. A great shame.

timdalton007

Comment

ARG I wasnt a fan of this episode, it was my favourite out of the two parts, but it was trying to fit too much into to short a time, IMO this should never have been done as the finale, i would have left threads as the season finale and put Moebius earlier in the year.
                    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                      ARG I wasnt a fan of this episode, it was my favourite out of the two parts, but it was trying to fit too much into to short a time, IMO this should never have been done as the finale, i would have left threads as the season finale and put Moebius earlier in the year.
                      Personally, I liked Moebius. I'll agree that it probablt wasn't right as the season finale episodes, but it was still a good epsiode. The acting was good and diffrent from what we usually see in the characters. It was also nice to see the return of Don S. Davis, David Hewlet, and Jat Acovone to the series, if only for a brief time. The plot was a good one, though not good enough for the season finale. Of course, these two were my favorites from the season so I might be a little biased!

timdalton007

Comment

I love this ep. Most ot the time I had to laugh. It was so funny for me. They all were so amusing. In this ep you can see why they are such a great team

Comment

Yes, especially Jack was really cool I like his sarcasm

But I don't like this kind of timeline -stories, because this can't work.

when you change the future, you have no reason to go back to the past, so things won't change and it goes on and on like that.

the only good thing is when you are part of the time, so it doesn't matter what you do like killing a beetle or anything else, you can't change anything, because you are a part of the time.

Uuuh, its frelling complicate and all in english, sorry if it sounds confusing.

Its like someone who is pushed into the past right before a battle. he knows all about it, he wants to save the peope he learnt and care about, but he realizes, that he is already history, the future is written and he can't change it. this is bad for him, but so it works and so it should always be done in tv.

My brain hurts And I hope I said nothing already said by someone else as I fear.
                          That's all folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwin
                            Yes, especially Jack was really cool I like his sarcasm

But I don't like this kind of timeline -stories, because this can't work.

when you change the future, you have no reason to go back to the past, so things won't change and it goes on and on like that.

the only good thing is when you are part of the time, so it doesn't matter what you do like killing a beetle or anything else, you can't change anything, because you are a part of the time.

Uuuh, its frelling complicate and all in english, sorry if it sounds confusing.

Its like someone who is pushed into the past right before a battle. he knows all about it, he wants to save the peope he learnt and care about, but he realizes, that he is already history, the future is written and he can't change it. this is bad for him, but so it works and so it should always be done in tv.

My brain hurts And I hope I said nothing already said by someone else as I fear.
                            The Alternate Team did think that, until they viewed the tape.

I think the Council of Atlantis was right in 'Before I Sleep'... No more futzing with the timeline.

Mattathias

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0
                              I think the Council of Atlantis was right in 'Before I Sleep'... No more futzing with the timeline.

Mattathias
                              Yes, but what I mean is, such Timething can never exist like it was shown in Moebius.

No one can change the future by traveling into the past, everything is already set.
                              so...the team traveled into the past, but with the right timething (I have no better name), their actions would cause no change, instead with their doings they would have done the things that would end in the presence/future they already knew.

okay, than it would be some boring episode, I know that, but Sciene-Fiction does'nt mean you can do all what yu want in your little world. So that is the reason I don't like that kind of Timetravel.

To see flashes of the Future is another thing, but going into the past and make another presence isn't working.
                              That's all folks.

Comment

I don't think this episode gave Ra the stuff he deserved. I'd have prefered a whole story arc about them (maybe an entire season) about them trying to go through the gate and trying to fix the timeline or whatever. I think they blew a perfectly good plot arc, but the Orii are already shaping up to be an interesting race now aren't they?
                                http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Working...
                                X