Moebius, Part 1 (819)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sue_Jackson
    I absolutely loved Moebius 1! I thought it was a lot of fun to fun to watch! My favorite scene though has to be when Daniel comes into the briefing room with Jack and that other archaeologist from SG-13 (Heroes). Very funny scene! LOL!

JACKSON: Jack! We need to talk! (He sees Balinsky.) Oh, sorry for interrupting.

(Jack reaches out and grabs his arm.)

O'NEILL: No! It's OK. If it's important, you must interrupt. You must.

JACKSON: I think we may have found a Z.P.M.

O'NEILL (jumping to his feet): Yes! (He turns to Balinsky and pats him on the shoulder.) Great stuff with the rocks. (Behind him, Daniel is almost jumping up and down in his eagerness to get Jack out of the room. Jack turns to him.) Go! (They hurry out of the room.)

I just loved how Jack grabs Daniel's arm, and how Daniel turns on his heels to get Jack out of there. I was in stitches with that scene. LOL!

And....what was with Catherine's niece hitting on Daniel? Yeah....well....I guess I would've done the same. At least, she's got good taste. Oh....and how can I forget about the whip joke. Let me tell you, that gave me some naughty images that I think I'll keep to myself.

Oh....and geeky Daniel is just so adorable. But, "Whiskers" (the wig) has got to go. It's such a big distraction. What makes it even worse is that I know it's a wig. And....I do cringe when seeing the geeky clothes. I mean....the sweater vests and the bowties....ick. But, on Daniel it's cute.
    I also loved when that guy in his ESL class:

"Hello, my name is Carlos. You make me so hot."

LMAO!! I nearly fell on the floor! I thought that funny as hell! I was like, Daniel, you make me so hot, too. LOL!

There are so many good scenes in the ep it's hard name them all. I can't wait for next week!
    The thing I have to ask is what happpened to Stargate the SciFi series.
    It seems people these days are just preoccupied with Stargate being somekind of comedic parody of itself.
    Everyone seems beholden to the cheap laughs the show labours out and not much else.

Comment

It's a line that she didn't want to say back in COTG. however, being the new kid on the block, and hoping for more work, you don't rock the boat, so she said it anyway....and has apprantly always disliked it

now, she's got to make fun of it....just like, i think, MS got to make fun of his character often being interpreted as being gay (with the young man in the class saying 'my name is carlos and you are hot')
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        now, she's got to make fun of it....just like, i think, MS got to make fun of his character often being interpreted as being gay (with the young man in the class saying 'my name is carlos and you are hot')
        Heh. I thought that was funny when Jack told Sam that he thought Daniel was gay.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

AT really hated that line about the reproductive organs? I laughed so hard, it was hilarious. In both episodes.

And too bad about MS. He's married, isn't he?

Before you judge a person, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, not only will you be a mile away, you'll have their shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by GEWbert
            AT really hated that line about the reproductive organs? I laughed so hard, it was hilarious. In both episodes.

And too bad about MS. He's married, isn't he?
            he is married to lexa doig, formerly of andromeda and soon to be teh base's new doctor

and just to clarify, it's the character of daniel that some choose to interpret/like to see as being gay, not the actor.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Ahh, gotcha. lol, too funny, i never would have guessed that.

Before you judge a person, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, not only will you be a mile away, you'll have their shoes.

Comment

Heheh I hated that reproductive organs line I was laughing so hard when Dr. Carter goes like "that's awful! Who would say that?!"
                May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Loved it...very entertaining. Good humor, but also an over-all entertaining story. WAs great seeing the helmets again.
                  It feels good to be alive.
                  Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by JacquelineRita
                    That was GREAT! Also, having Samantha and Daniel wearing life jackets just to sit in the dock! LMAO!!!
                    And Daniel's life jacket was on backwards!!!

Comment

I liked this episode. With Part 2 it may stand as one of the best standalone episodes in the series. It's also nice to see them doing something new.

I also really enjoyed Daniel, Sam, and Jack in the alternate timeline.

Though....I have one big problem with the episode. Sam and Daniel had to be stricken with temporary stupidity to make the episode happen. Sam is way too smart to even let them risk destroying the timeline. It would have been better if they were somehow forced to go back in time, like if this happened when they thought there was going to be another gu'ald attack, or if they did it because they knew Atlantis needed a ZPM to power the shield. Deciding to go back in time *after* Anubis, the replicators, and the gu'ald army went away...just very, very stupid.

It's also unclear how time mechanics works in Stargate. Is it the 'creates a new dimension' theory that some scifi uses and McKay suggested, but contradicts the implications of 1969, 2010, and Before I Sleep? Or does it work like in Back To The Future and Star Trek (Before Voyager and Enterprise overused it and mdae it seem just silly) where you can go back in time and change the timeline you are in?

Comment

In some fanfic I've done, it was the last option. I think it worked like this: Sg-1 had gone back before the Stargate had even been buried, so the 1969 incident didn't even have a chance to happen. I dunno. It just worked out really well in some AU/timetravel fanfic I've done.
                        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Sue_Jackson
                          I absolutely loved Moebius 1! I thought it was a lot of fun to fun to watch! My favorite scene though has to be when Daniel comes into the briefing room with Jack and that other archaeologist from SG-13 (Heroes). Very funny scene! LOL!

JACKSON: Jack! We need to talk! (He sees Balinsky.) Oh, sorry for interrupting.

(Jack reaches out and grabs his arm.)

O'NEILL: No! It's OK. If it's important, you must interrupt. You must.

JACKSON: I think we may have found a Z.P.M.

O'NEILL (jumping to his feet): Yes! (He turns to Balinsky and pats him on the shoulder.) Great stuff with the rocks. (Behind him, Daniel is almost jumping up and down in his eagerness to get Jack out of the room. Jack turns to him.) Go! (They hurry out of the room.)

I just loved how Jack grabs Daniel's arm, and how Daniel turns on his heels to get Jack out of there. I was in stitches with that scene. LOL!

And....what was with Catherine's niece hitting on Daniel? Yeah....well....I guess I would've done the same. At least, she's got good taste. Oh....and how can I forget about the whip joke. Let me tell you, that gave me some naughty images that I think I'll keep to myself.

Oh....and geeky Daniel is just so adorable. But, "Whiskers" (the wig) has got to go. It's such a big distraction. What makes it even worse is that I know it's a wig. And....I do cringe when seeing the geeky clothes. I mean....the sweater vests and the bowties....ick. But, on Daniel it's cute.
                          I also loved when that guy in his ESL class:

"Hello, my name is Carlos. You make me so hot."

LMAO!! I nearly fell on the floor! I thought that funny as hell! I was like, Daniel, you make me so hot, too. LOL!

There are so many good scenes in the ep it's hard name them all. I can't wait for next week!
                          Ahh yes that was my favorite part too. Especially when he reaches out for Daniel. I also enjoyed the atlernative version of Jack.
                          The Phoenix lives on!

Comment

OMG I dont know if you all felt this way but the alt reality carter cracked me up, hes facial expressions are hilarious I was laughin my butt off at that also the way she talked funny stuff.

Comment

I think they tried to play up the geek that Carter is exactly the opposite of. She cracked me up too! I couldn't imagine her meeting the real Sam.
                              Condemnant quod non intellegunt.

Comment

There is official episode Moebius, Part 1 thread here maybe you can discuss it there.
                                "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Working...
                                X