Reckoning, Part 2 (817)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SmartFox
    Jack never trust any Goa'uld. And never will. It took him a long time to trust the Tok'ra even marginally. Ba'al is no exception infact if anything i bet Jack would trust RepliCarter of Ba'al.
    I doubt that. While Jack doesn't trust Goa'ulds, he recognizes that their motives may occasionally coincide. It was Yu who allowed him to escape from Ba'al's fortress. He might have accepted Ba'al's proposal, despite the personal animosity, if it hadn't been for Teal'c's mission. Whereas he's proven his distrust of any and all replicators. Plus if a Goa'uld double-crosses him, the effects aren't likely to be as devastating as if/when the Replicators do. If he wasn't willing to give credit to Reese or Fifth, I think it's likely that he'd take even Ba'al over Replicarter.

Comment

I guess I didn't really see this before but after I saw this episode, I totally realized just how much AT changed her acting for when she plays Replicarter. I mean, wow. The two seem like completely different characters and, of course, they are. But still! Her acting abilities really were highlighted with Replicarter, I think, because she managed to make the character so different from Carter, but still with little things reminescent of Carter.
      Woohoo! Go AT!
      !!! HHGTTG movie out this May! Don't forget to bring your towel! !!!

[ | Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club | ]

Smor: My Anti-Drug

Ba'am: You can bet your ba'als on it.

(thanks to Justin for the pic and no, I'm not serious )

Comment

Originally posted by Jeril
        I guess I didn't really see this before but after I saw this episode, I totally realized just how much AT changed her acting for when she plays Replicarter. I mean, wow. The two seem like completely different characters and, of course, they are. But still! Her acting abilities really were highlighted with Replicarter, I think, because she managed to make the character so different from Carter, but still with little things reminescent of Carter.
        Woohoo! Go AT!
        Yea she did have excellent acting. They are completely opposite roles but yet she plays them both so well. I wonder if she got a bonus for playing RepliCarter on top of Sam Carter?

Comment

I'd be willing to bet that the people who didn't like this episode as much were a majority of the people who read spoilers...if you know what's going to happen it's not going to be as good..it's not going to be as exciting because you already KNOW everything
          It feels good to be alive.
          Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
            I'd be willing to bet that the people who didn't like this episode as much were a majority of the people who read spoilers...if you know what's going to happen it's not going to be as good..it's not going to be as exciting because you already KNOW everything
            I read the spoiler from GW and I like the episode, I guess I'm in the minority.

Comment

*shrugs* All I knew about this episode before I watched it was that Daniel was going to die...again, and that the Replicators and the Gao'uld would no longer pose a real threat hence forth.

I personally think it the episodes could have and should have been much more than they were.

Oh well.
              *Insert something really cool here*

Comment

The two 'Reckonings' have to be the best of the season. In my mind, they tie with 'Threads', but they were different enough that there really isn't a comparison. One was mostly character interactions; one was all action. I taped this one and watched whilst half-asleep...but I remember it pretty well.

What was good:
                a. Replicator Carter. AT does evil deliciously well, bringing me to my first 'not so good' point. And her interactions with Daniel were a wonder to behold.
                b. No more Replicators! Joy!
                c. RDA. He's been a bit off and on for most of this season, and I think this may have been his best episode of S8. Gee, and it's also the best overall episode. Think there's a connection, anyone?
                d. (Half-!)Nekkid!Daniel! Um...sort of speaks for itself.
                e. Ba'al. Other than the fact that I could've kicked him for the "female Tauri" comment ...he's got a lot of depth that can be played with.

What wasn't good:
                a. Don't get rid of Replicater C. so quickly! She's still got mileage left! Please, I beg you, etc.!!!

Overall: Watching this one, I remembered why I like SG so much, and that's the highest compliment I can give.

Comment

Hmm. I read all the spoilers I can, and I think that I enjoy eps (especially this one) even more because of them. I like to know the basic storyline in advance: it gives me time to play with how I'd handle x plot piece, and then I get to see how the TPTB pull it off. Not to mention that knowing the plot allows me to concentrate more on the small elements--they're the things that make or break an ep.

Comment

I read all the spoilers and I loved it.

Comment

I think that spoilers are the type of thing to be read after you see the episode yourself. That way, you get all the excitement of seeing an episode without knowing what’s going to happen beforehand and the discussion about the episode after. Often times reading the spoilers will point out something I missed while watching the episode the first time. There were dozens of things that flew right by me that I later got from this thread.
                      That I should love a bright, particular star.

Comment

I should qualify that with the caveat that often, where I am, the spoilers are all we have to go on until the DVD releases.

Comment

Baal is in love with Carter.

Comment

I was just thinkung about the weapon on Takarra. I think their is a ZPM in the ruins somewhere because a weapon that powerful would need some serious power.
                            Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

This is very much my way of thinking, especially after "heroes", when I was hit by a spoiler in a magazine. It ruined the ep for me.

Anyway, back on topic!

I thought this ep was excellent! Stunning FX and CGI, great acting, and brilliant work by AT as Replicarter.

If only the earlier eps had been as good.
                              sigpic

Comment

Did anyone else notice that the ancient's weapon looks almost exactly like the time device 'altar' in Season 4's Window Of Opportunity?

Comment

Working...
                                X