No announcement yet.

It's Good To Be King (813)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As someone else said, Jack not going off-world really hurts the show. This episode was one of the better this season, IMO. Jack adds that extra element to the show that just makes it entertaining to watch. Overall this episode was awesome, I love the PJ - and that First Prime of Aries was so stubborn

How would the ancients go about "reloading" drones into their PJ's? I mean.. they are like missiles so once they are fired they are gone... and we can't manufacture our own

Comment

Originally posted by graculus
      Out of curiosity, is there anything to dislike about "It's Good to be King"? I'm trying to figure out whether this is a new classic or it just appealed to this particular forum.

Later,
      Graculus
      Classic? NO WAY!!!

It is merely 45 minutes of mediocrity swimming in the sea of dribble that has been season eight thus far IMO.
      It may come across an an OK ep because nearly all the others in this season have been near garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by alz0rz
        As someone else said, Jack not going off-world really hurts the show. This episode was one of the better this season, IMO. Jack adds that extra element to the show that just makes it entertaining to watch. Overall this episode was awesome, I love the PJ - and that First Prime of Aries was so stubborn

How would the ancients go about "reloading" drones into their PJ's? I mean.. they are like missiles so once they are fired they are gone... and we can't manufacture our own
        If the Antarctic outpost has some extra (like the one we saw in "Rising"), maybe we can steal some??
        Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
          If the Antarctic outpost has some extra (like the one we saw in "Rising"), maybe we can steal some??
          That's probably right...I wonder if the unused drones from "Lost City" returned to the outpost or just exploded.
          Liaison of F.O.R.D.
          Click here to help Save Ford!

Comment

Originally posted by david2708
            Classic? NO WAY!!!

It is merely 45 minutes of mediocrity swimming in the sea of dribble that has been season eight thus far IMO.
            It may come across an an OK ep because nearly all the others in this season have been near garbage.
            Just curious why you keep watching "garbage"?
            To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Originally posted by nathanaus
              i just hope there are no Atlantis references in it otherwise they will be cut from the show here.
              Exsqueeze me? They edit out references to Atlantis? Now that is just dumb.
              To Infinity And Beyond!

Comment

Originally posted by david2708
                Was a so so ep. Don't know why everyone is raving about it. I suspect because the rest of season eight has been so bad that anything in comparison looks great.
                Very, very average, I'm afraid.
                Average compared to what, exactly?

Maybe people rave about it because they really like it? I've enjoyed all of s8, even the eps that I felt suffered from plot problems.
                To Infinity And Beyond!

Comment

Originally posted by nugglebugget
                  As I read through the posts,there was mention of "Harry" having "Wives"[emphasis on the plural].For some odd reason that made me think of the charachter from the original "Star Trek"series named "Harry Mudd".If I remember correctly,he had a harem too,but I think they were androids or something.
                  I realize I can have stange thoughts,but with both "Harry M's",both a bit of a thorn in the side ......I couldn't help but make a connection.Anybody else see that,or know who I'm talking about?
                  I posted about this way back on page 2 but I guess you're the only other person so far to pick up on the similarities.
                  To Infinity And Beyond!

Comment

I have a small request. Because Atlantis isn't on in Australia yet, is it possible for references to Atlantis in this SG1 thread be put in spoiler tags? That way we don't get to see things we may not want to see just yet

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
                      I posted about this way back on page 2 but I guess you're the only other person so far to pick up on the similarities.
                      Aha,I see.Sorry totally missed it.My computer loves to kick out on me & I forget if I've read the whole page before I try another one .
                      At least I know I wasn't the only one to see the similarity
                      nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

Comment

Originally posted by nathanaus
                        I have a small request. Because Atlantis isn't on in Australia yet, is it possible for references to Atlantis in this SG1 thread be put in spoiler tags? That way we don't get to see things we may not want to see just yet
                        Good point, not all the countries that show SG-1 and Atlantis show them in sync. Atlantis plot points should be in Spoiler Tags in this folder. Anyone wants a post edited, let me know which number.

Madeleine

Comment

Maybourne must be growing on me... I actually felt for him in this episode and believed that he really cared about his newfound home. Tom McBeath is such a great actor... his range on this series has been quite varied.

Great to see Jack in his element... and the puddlejumper too.
                          Spoiler:
                          It gave rise to the expectation that Janus from Before I Sleep would be nearby. Alas it was not to be. Some other time perhaps...

A fun episode all round and it does fit nicely into the overall Stargate universe.
                          sigpic
                          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali888
                            She's speaking perfect English. Serves Spurs right for pinching half of our best players that's what I say.

Ali P

Ah... It's all making sense now...

*Quivers in fear*

Comment

I've finally got a chance to watch the ep. It's definately one of the better ones of the season. A few things had me laughing. This line of Jack's in particular made me crack up even though I'm not a shipper: "Carter and I will take care of the ship"

I didn't like the fact that Maybourne could read Ancient so easily. He's been out of the loop for two years and has little, if any trouble, but recently the guys at The Trust need to kidnap Daniel to do their Ancient translation.

Also it looked like the Jaffa could read Ancient. Why on earth would "Gods" teach their disposable footsoldiers Ancient. It might have made a little sense if it were a First Prime, but this was an ordinary Jaffa.

At first when I saw Wayne Brady on screen it didn't really feel like he fit the role. All I could see was Wayne Brady and not Trelak, but later on it got more believable.
                              My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

I assumed that the Jaffa had been taught to recognise Ancient so that if they spotted any they could tell Baal that Interesting Stuff might be there, but I doubt they could read any of it. Much like I recognise Turkish without being able to read it.

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                                X